By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - POLL: What Do You think of FF13 DAY 1 Sales (450K) -- American Sales!

POLL: What Do You think of FF13 DAY 1 Sales (450K) -- American Sales!

AMAZING! 28 9.66%

Very Good 119 41.03%

Disappointing....not halo level! 26 8.97%

Meh.....expected better 90 31.03%

HORRIBLE -- JRPG's are finished! 27 9.31%

Total:290
MDMAniac said:
If I recall correct figures, ME2 sold better, being only on 360. This speaks for itself.

third person shooter about killing aliens with a buffed up masculine male character on a console with people who only want to buy games that fit that exact stereotype hyped on a platform with far dominance in that region hailed as a game of the year candidate with an advertising campaign invoking players to "FIGHT FOR THE LOST".

I don't think they are comparable. 13 is doing fantastic.

and ME2 is on PC as well, and is selling very well there. It's a multiplatform game as well. 

Around the Network
Hyruken said:
I think it is a little dissapointing.

Technically the game had 60m consoles to sell to. Final fantasy 10 which was the first game of the last gen didn't have that many to sell to and doubled these sales.

I don't think we can compare it to 12 as that was a game at the end of the last gen, maybe 11 hurt its popularity a bit.

This was the big one, advertised and hyped to the max. I expected it to do about 1m 1st week combined at bare minimum.

where did you get first week sales for final fantasy 10? 
11 was a fantastic game, did not hurt final fantasies popularity at all.

of course you can compare 12.

It was big, it was advertised a bit, but it was certainly not hyped to the max. That being said, it's doing very well.

the multiplatform argument is invalid because most 360 owners have no interest in a final fantasy game. That move was simply for microsoft to say they have it, and nothing else.  

Option 4 easy. I expected a million across both consoles!

What happened to the people who said FFXIII will outsell GoW3 and Bad Company 2?

BW_JP said:
MDMAniac said:
If I recall correct figures, ME2 sold better, being only on 360. This speaks for itself.

third person shooter about killing aliens with a buffed up masculine male character on a console with people who only want to buy games that fit that exact stereotype hyped on a platform with far dominance in that region hailed as a game of the year candidate with an advertising campaign invoking players to "FIGHT FOR THE LOST".

and ME2 is on PC as well, and is selling very well there. It's a multiplatform game as well. 

This flood of damage control from your side is funny.

First, if you disregard ME2 as a RPG, then please remember the FF13 is not RPG, too. As SE proudly declared themselves! :P

Second, whatever ad campaign they had for ME, it's not even comparable to years of hype and FF brand power.

Thirdly, ME2 sells not only in America.

Fourthly, I specifically said that x360 sales of ME2 alone outdid what FF13 demonstrated as multiplatform. I did not count PC at all. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Around the Network

The game will achieve 6 million sales max.

"Why does everyone ask about Chrono Trigger? (responding to a comment about the title being loved) That's not what the sales tell me! If people want a sequel, they should buy more!" - Square Enix Senior Vice President Shinji Hashimoto

dobby985 said:
What happened to the people who said FFXIII will outsell GoW3 and Bad Company 2?

They turned to people who voted the AMAZING? xD

MDMAniac said:
BW_JP said:
MDMAniac said:

First, if you disregard ME2 as a RPG, then please remember the FF13 is not RPG, too. As SE proudly declared themselves! :P

Second, whatever ad campaign they had for ME, it's not even comparable to years of hype and FF brand power.

Fourthly, I specifically said that x360 sales of ME2 alone outdid what FF13 demonstrated as multiplatform. I did not count PC at all. Correct me if I'm wrong.

ME2 is a third person shooter with rpg elements. It always has been. 
I dont care how well FF13 sells, just like I dont care about how well 13 sells.

i'm only saying that its not a fair comparison. 

BW_JP said:
MDMAniac said:
BW_JP said:
MDMAniac said:

ME2 is a third person shooter with rpg elements. It always has been. 
I dont care how well FF13 sells, just like I dont care about how well 13 sells.

i'm only saying that its not a fair comparison. 

Youre very right.

Given that it'll be one of the lowest selling mainline FF's ever, while facing the biggest budgets, I'd say 'its not good'.

Honestly, I blame the 360 for it. I don't know why the PS3 sold 2:1 against it in the US. It should have done better. I guess the 360 doesn't have the JRPG user base the PS3 does in the US or PAL territories.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.