By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - POLL: What Do You think of FF13 DAY 1 Sales (450K) -- American Sales!

POLL: What Do You think of FF13 DAY 1 Sales (450K) -- American Sales!

AMAZING! 28 9.66%

Very Good 119 41.03%

Disappointing....not halo level! 26 8.97%

Meh.....expected better 90 31.03%

HORRIBLE -- JRPG's are finished! 27 9.31%

Total:290
MDMAniac said:
If I recall correct figures, ME2 sold better, being only on 360. This speaks for itself.

That's not surprising at all.  WRPGs have always done better than JRPGs in the US.  No JRPG has even cracked the 1 million mark in the US this gen.  While WRPGs like Fallout 3, Oblivion, and Fable have all crossed it easily.  One genre is growing in popularity in the US, the other is dying.  So to compare ME3 to FFXII is irrelevant.  As I recall, none of the exclusive 360 JRPGs have sold very well compared to their WRPGs counterparts.  So there's no reason to think that FFXIII would do better as a 360-exclusive, especially considering that the PS3 has a larger JRPG fanbase.

Around the Network
mrstickball said:

Given that it'll be one of the lowest selling mainline FF's ever, while facing the biggest budgets, I'd say 'its not good'.

Honestly, I blame the 360 for it. I don't know why the PS3 sold 2:1 against it in the US. It should have done better. I guess the 360 doesn't have the JRPG user base the PS3 does in the US or PAL territories.

You also have to take into account that people who have both the 360 and PS3 probably bought FFXIII for the PS3.  I have a 360 and have all its exclusive JRPGs, but for FFXIII I chose to get it for the PS3.  

MDMAniac said:
If I recall correct figures, ME2 sold better, being only on 360. This speaks for itself.

What does that have to do with this thread at all?

Japan has M.E.2s total sales beaten in 1 week.

jacks81x said:
mrstickball said:

Given that it'll be one of the lowest selling mainline FF's ever, while facing the biggest budgets, I'd say 'its not good'.

Honestly, I blame the 360 for it. I don't know why the PS3 sold 2:1 against it in the US. It should have done better. I guess the 360 doesn't have the JRPG user base the PS3 does in the US or PAL territories.

You also have to take into account that people who have both the 360 and PS3 probably bought FFXIII for the PS3.  I have a 360 and have all its exclusive JRPGs, but for FFXIII I chose to get it for the PS3.  

Yes, but I tend to believe that the number of people that own both systems are in the minority of potential FFXIII purchasers.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

This will never pass 4 million world wide lifetime.

Around the Network
mrstickball said:
jacks81x said:
mrstickball said:

Yes, but I tend to believe that the number of people that own both systems are in the minority of potential FFXIII purchasers.

That's possible.  I would be interested to see what percentage of gamers own both a 360 and a PS3.  

phnguyen89 said:
This will never pass 4 million world wide lifetime.

How do you figure?  It's already sold half of that in Japan.  You don't think it can sell 2 million in NA and EU combined?  

I've never seen a FF game launch with such little fanfare.

Sales are decent, though I admitedly would've been more impressed if it weren't split between two userbases.

Don't think this is gonna make it to 10 million at all folks. But we'll see.

No matter how you look at it, FF is a first day/week sales game. Will die off quickly.

phnguyen89 said:
No matter how you look at it, FF is a first day/week sales game. Will die off quickly.

Except that's wrong.  NO FF main series game has ever sold more than 50% of its lifetime sales in its first week, let alone first day.  Stop making $hit up.