By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - POLL: What Do You think of FF13 DAY 1 Sales (450K) -- American Sales!

POLL: What Do You think of FF13 DAY 1 Sales (450K) -- American Sales!

AMAZING! 28 9.66%

Very Good 119 41.03%

Disappointing....not halo level! 26 8.97%

Meh.....expected better 90 31.03%

HORRIBLE -- JRPG's are finished! 27 9.31%

Total:290
yinkadare said:
Considering that JRPG is a dying genre in the US and even the best JRPGs of this generation (ToV, Lost Odyssey, Valkyria Chronicles) have failed to sell even a million copies, I would say that S-E has gotta be pleased with those numbers. FFXIII should easily cross the 1 million mark by early next week and become the best selling JRPG in the US this generation and by a substantial margin to say the least.

Valkyria Chronicles is a SRPG. For those numbers thats incredible. ToV and Lost Odyssey were on a console that didn't really show strong support for the genre.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Around the Network
ShadowSoldier said:
yinkadare said:
Considering that JRPG is a dying genre in the US and even the best JRPGs of this generation (ToV, Lost Odyssey, Valkyria Chronicles) have failed to sell even a million copies, I would say that S-E has gotta be pleased with those numbers. FFXIII should easily cross the 1 million mark by early next week and become the best selling JRPG in the US this generation and by a substantial margin to say the least.

Valkyria Chronicles is a SRPG. For those numbers thats incredible. ToV and Lost Odyssey were on a console that didn't really show strong support for the genre.

For a while there the 360 was the only console supporting the genre.  The PS3 had virtually no JRPGs until a year ago.  Also, if you're a JRPG fan, you support the genre, not the console.  I bought the 360 for the sole purpose of playing ToV and LO.  Bottomline is, the JRPG fanbase in the US is slowly dwindling as people have migrated to MMOs and WRPGs. 

i think the game will have good legs just because therer is so many other good games coming at the same time and all the poeple that cant afford all these games which are alot of people will buy this game somewhere down the track so its a good start considering there is such high competition

Square Enix should have made this a Xbox 360 exclusive in the Americas since in Japan it was a Sony PS3 exclusive.
It sold 2 million as a Sony PS3 exclusive in Japan.
It should have sold more if it was an Xbox 360 exclusive.

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

Come back next months and we will see if was a good "day one" sale

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network
gustave154 said:
Square Enix should have made this a Xbox 360 exclusive in the Americas since in Japan it was a Sony PS3 exclusive.
It sold 2 million as a Sony PS3 exclusive in Japan.
It should have sold more if it was an Xbox 360 exclusive.

absolutely no way. Check the neogaf pick up threads, online forums, and other sources. Almost no one is buying the 360 version of this game. I honestly think that the sales predicted here are far too high. In every pickup post of about 60 there is one 360 version. I doubt many got it here either, maybe 20:1 on this site. My friendslist on PSN has about 20 people playing 13. This is a huge PS3 game and the game would not be possible in its ps3 form on the 360. 

whip out your clubs and baby seals, it's Amazon time,
And GoW3 is outselling FFXIII

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Disaapointed. I'm hoping for 1 million 1st week (650k PS3, 350k X360). Looks like it is going to do 650k 1st week. Now i'm hoping this to have legs. LTD should be 1.3 million PS3, 700k X360. Earlier i expect 3.5 million across both platform in US. Looks like 10 million FFXIII WW is just a dream.

If I recall correct figures, ME2 sold better, being only on 360. This speaks for itself.

I think it is a little dissapointing.

Technically the game had 60m consoles to sell to. Final fantasy 10 which was the first game of the last gen didn't have that many to sell to and doubled these sales.

I don't think we can compare it to 12 as that was a game at the end of the last gen, maybe 11 hurt its popularity a bit.

This was the big one, advertised and hyped to the max. I expected it to do about 1m 1st week combined at bare minimum.