By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - POLL: What Do You think of FF13 DAY 1 Sales (450K) -- American Sales!

POLL: What Do You think of FF13 DAY 1 Sales (450K) -- American Sales!

AMAZING! 28 9.66%

Very Good 119 41.03%

Disappointing....not halo level! 26 8.97%

Meh.....expected better 90 31.03%

HORRIBLE -- JRPG's are finished! 27 9.31%

Total:290
yinkadare said:
letsdance said:
jacks81x said:
phnguyen89 said:
ha ha ha. Stop dreaming. Why don't you take a look at the database for final fantasy before accusing me of making things up.

Yep, checked it.  You are wrong.

FFXII

1st week NA - 571,975

After 1st week NA - 1.30 million

1st week sales accounted for only 44% of total LTD in NA.

1st week EU - 423,854

After 1st week NA - 976,146

1st week sales accounted for only 30% of total LTD in EU.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=765®ion=All

OWNED

I don't know what is going on in this thread bu I'm pretty sure your numbers are wrong. I'm pretty sure 43% of EU's numbers were FW

Well, if he's going by the VGZ numbers then he's right.  First week EU was ~423K.  Total EU was 1.40 million.  423K / 1.4m = 30%.

nvm i read it wrong. I thought he was saying 976k was the LT of FF12 in EU. but he added the 2 fw together for the 976k number

Around the Network
jacks81x said:
phnguyen89 said:
ha ha ha. Stop dreaming. Why don't you take a look at the database for final fantasy before accusing me of making things up.

Yep, checked it.  You are wrong.

FFXII

1st week NA - 571,975

After 1st week NA - 1.30 million

1st week sales accounted for only 44% of total LTD in NA.

1st week EU - 423,854

After 1st week NA - 976,146

1st week sales accounted for only 30% of total LTD in EU.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=765&region=All

OWNED

Oh my, assuming that every game is the same.   FFXIII is multiplatform remember?  Don't expect miracles here.

phnguyen89 said:

Oh my, assuming that every game is the same.   FFXIII is multiplatform remember?  Don't expect miracles here.

Nobody is expecting miracles here, but it's retarded to think that the game won't sell 4 million copies worldwide at the end of its run.  It'll probably get to 4 million before the end of the month.

yinkadare said:
phnguyen89 said:

Nobody is expecting miracles here, but it's retarded to think that the game won't sell 4 million copies worldwide at the end of its run.  It'll probably get to 4 million before the end of the month.

ho ho ho, calling someone a retard based on their opinion.  Boy are you open minded.  Look at the title of the thread.

You don't see me calling people retards for saying lifetime sales even before the game comes out.  Retard.

phnguyen89 said:

Are you even looking at the database?

Around the Network
phnguyen89 said:

You don't see me calling people retards for saying lifetime sales even before the game comes out.  Retard.

You can't, coz the game is already out.

Wagram said:
phnguyen89 said:

Are you even looking at the database?

Clearly not.

Decent, not bad but it shows the decrease in jrpg love.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

phnguyen89 said:
This will never pass 4 million world wide lifetime.

It has just surpassed 4 million copies sold.  YOU FAIL.

lol at the "this will never pass 4m" comment, I know you're just out of the sales loop or whatever, no crime there, but at least antagonize people with something that won't be proved completely wrong in less than a week! Classic!

On topic, the game seems to be selling better up front than FFXII, which had the advantage of releasing during the holidays. So this game is beating XII despite the fact that it should be less frontloaded. Go JRPGs go! :P