By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - POLL: What Do You think of FF13 DAY 1 Sales (450K) -- American Sales!

POLL: What Do You think of FF13 DAY 1 Sales (450K) -- American Sales!

AMAZING! 28 9.66%

Very Good 119 41.03%

Disappointing....not halo level! 26 8.97%

Meh.....expected better 90 31.03%

HORRIBLE -- JRPG's are finished! 27 9.31%

Total:290

Meh, not great sales, not bad sales. And since is a very front loaded game....

Around the Network

Is that number total for both platforms? That's just an average name-recognized title launch on multi-plat, isn't it? I mean AvP did 350k or so across the two consoles in Americas, no? Bioshock 2 did over 500k.

I think the number's kinda meh, personally - leads to what?  700-800k for the week?.

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

I don't think the sales are great since the game in now multi-plat, can't compare to past FFs since this game is very different then the other games in the series and again is multi-plat.

I expected better, but the numbers are not bad

fastyxx said:
Is that number total for both platforms? That's just an average name-recognized title launch on multi-plat, isn't it? I mean AvP did 350k or so across the two consoles in Americas, no? Bioshock 2 did over 500k.

I think the number's kinda meh, personally.

Day one. Bioshock and AvP numbers are full week numbers.

Around the Network
disolitude said:
this will be a very front loaded game. Thats all I am going to say.

If it follows all the other main FF games. Then it will not be.

Wrong thread. Miss post. Lol.

Would have probably gotten more hype and support had it remain an exclusive...just saying, it could have beaten FFXII's numbers possibly

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Its good. Not extraordinary, but alright.

I wonder how the sales will fare over time though; RPGs usually don't have long legs, but it seems that there are shortages of the PS3 version.

Personally, I think it supposed to best Final Fantasy 12 sales by a substantial margin (anywhere from 500k-1.5m more IMO). We all can rightfully assume that this game cost a ton to make, and matching FF12 sales numbers would not be very cool when you take into account the multiplatform status and bigger budget.

I'm starting to think that if it was exclusive it might have done just as well, if not better...

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

don't really care about the sales.....as long as I get a copy, all is well in my world!