Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Just Cause 2 demo

marciosmg said:
Rainbird said:
marciosmg said:
Rainbird said:
marciosmg said:
Rainbird said:
Damn it, I need to look harder! I need to find me something to fly with

Heres what you do as you parachute into that village east of where you start (with the water tower). Go a bit to the northeast. You can parachute all the way from the start to have a better view from above.

So, to the northeast there will be a mansion. On the floor in front of it, there will be a colonel. On the roof of the mansion there will be a chopper.

It will have no guns though.

But if you kill enough enemies in a base, choppers with guns will come after you, so use the hook and hijack them.

Damn it! I went there on my first playthrough, and I saw the chopper! How can I not have taken it?! >_<

Well, if you are like me you probably blew yourself up with a grenade while trying to kill the colonel.

Tip - Dont face the colonel directly. Run around him. Try going above him. Also, tethering him doesnt work (the hook doesnt work with him).

Another tip - If you cause enough chaos, doing the main mission for example, you will unlock the C4 and a chopper on the black market.

Sweet! And I actually managed to kill him without dying. Come to think of it, I still haven't actually died in the game yet, lol.

I have died a fewtimes by blowing myself up. I try cooking the grenade, but I wait too long.

Lol. I never cook my grenades on purpose, usually I just want to throw a grenade, so I hold down the button while getting a good aim. Then the beeping gets quicker and I go "Oh right, fuck! Throw throw throw throw!"

Around the Network
Rainbird said:
marciosmg said:
Rainbird said:
marciosmg said:
Rainbird said:
marciosmg said:
Rainbird said:
Damn it, I need to look harder! I need to find me something to fly with

Heres what you do as you parachute into that village east of where you start (with the water tower). Go a bit to the northeast. You can parachute all the way from the start to have a better view from above.

So, to the northeast there will be a mansion. On the floor in front of it, there will be a colonel. On the roof of the mansion there will be a chopper.

It will have no guns though.

But if you kill enough enemies in a base, choppers with guns will come after you, so use the hook and hijack them.

Damn it! I went there on my first playthrough, and I saw the chopper! How can I not have taken it?! >_<

Well, if you are like me you probably blew yourself up with a grenade while trying to kill the colonel.

Tip - Dont face the colonel directly. Run around him. Try going above him. Also, tethering him doesnt work (the hook doesnt work with him).

Another tip - If you cause enough chaos, doing the main mission for example, you will unlock the C4 and a chopper on the black market.

Sweet! And I actually managed to kill him without dying. Come to think of it, I still haven't actually died in the game yet, lol.

I have died a fewtimes by blowing myself up. I try cooking the grenade, but I wait too long.

Lol. I never cook my grenades on purpose, usually I just want to throw a grenade, so I hold down the button while getting a good aim. Then the beeping gets quicker and I go "Oh right, fuck! Throw throw throw throw!"

Well in my defense, when playing the main mission (have you played it?) in the last part, when Im in the witness car and I have to destroy the enemy car, I did mange to time it right so my grenade blew the car up.

www.jamesvandermemes.com

No I haven't, I've just been goofing around so far, but I really need to try it

It was a really fun demo. The grappling hook is amazing. The things you can do with it! I really like that you can swing around with it while parachuting.

I do have a few gripes with the gameplay though. First of all, enemies never really lose track of you, and they hit you just as well standing two feet away as when you are grappling away somewhere. It's irritating.

Driving is... horrible. The physics just do not work well. Compares more to GTA3 than GTA IV, and if GTA IV did something right it was the car physics.

This is invisible text!

@ Killergran

I'd be inclined to agree, but I drove a jeep up hill so steep, I would have shat my pants just thinking about doing the same in real life. So I forgave the physics

Around the Network
Killergran said:
It was a really fun demo. The grappling hook is amazing. The things you can do with it! I really like that you can swing around with it while parachuting.

I do have a few gripes with the gameplay though. First of all, enemies never really lose track of you, and they hit you just as well standing two feet away as when you are grappling away somewhere. It's irritating.

Driving is... horrible. The physics just do not work well. Compares more to GTA3 than GTA IV, and if GTA IV did something right it was the car physics.

Yes. Thats my main gripe. The enemy thing is similar in pretty much every game with shooting envolved.

But the driving is atrociously bad. You push to the left a bit and it does an 180º. They really should tighten the handling.

But yeah, the hook and the parachute are awesome.

I spent a long time just tethering enemies to everything I could. Its really fun, specially tethering 2 of them together.

PS - If you tether an enemy to something like a tall tree it will stay hanging. When you kill him, it will say - Pinata:1. lol

www.jamesvandermemes.com

So that's a Pinata kill! I was wondering what that was

Rainbird said:
So that's a Pinata kill! I was wondering what that was

Yes. its really fun. Also, in the main mission, when you get where you have to go, it will be in a tall building.

There will be enemies walking around the edge. So tether them to the railing or something and they will fly off and fall all the way down.

www.jamesvandermemes.com

Hey, Rainbrd. Check this video out. Its from a main mission in the game. I thought it was awesome.

www.jamesvandermemes.com

marciosmg said:

But the driving is atrociously bad. You push to the left a bit and it does an 180º. They really should tighten the handling.

If they did, they'd have a small chance at Game of the Year.

And by god, that island is huge! It's huger than anything I've ever played on! Hugest ever!

This is invisible text!