By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Just Cause 2 demo

So, how many played it? I'm surprised we haven't had a thread yet!

Honestly, I think it's pretty awesome. The spectacle wears off a bit after the first playthrough, but having the time limit and basically a desert to roam isn't the greatest thing ever, but after I've played it, it has rocketed up my anticipation ladder!

So what do you think?

Around the Network

I loved it. I have played the demo 5 times already. Each time I go to a different place.

I have found 3 bases, 2 colonels, used choppers and a plane already.

I really really like open world games. The grappling hook is awesome. Makes traveling real fast combined with the parachute.

I had been talking about this game, but in the PS3 Trophy League. I guess people want GOW3 or FFXIII, not this. lol

But I will be buying this game, Day 1 (well, a few days after since I live in Brazil )

www.jamesvandermemes.com

Damn it, I need to look harder! I need to find me something to fly with

Rainbird said:

Heres what you do as you parachute into that village east of where you start (with the water tower). Go a bit to the northeast. You can parachute all the way from the start to have a better view from above.

So, to the northeast there will be a mansion. On the floor in front of it, there will be a colonel. On the roof of the mansion there will be a chopper.

It will have no guns though.

But if you kill enough enemies in a base, choppers with guns will come after you, so use the hook and hijack them.

www.jamesvandermemes.com

i just downloaded it im going to play it soon.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Around the Network
marciosmg said:
Rainbird said:

Heres what you do as you parachute into that village east of where you start (with the water tower). Go a bit to the northeast. You can parachute all the way from the start to have a better view from above.

So, to the northeast there will be a mansion. On the floor in front of it, there will be a colonel. On the roof of the mansion there will be a chopper.

But if you kill enough enemies in a base, choppers with guns will come after you, so use the hook and hijack them.

Damn it! I went there on my first playthrough, and I saw the chopper! How can I not have taken it?! >_<

Rainbird said:
marciosmg said:
Rainbird said:

Damn it! I went there on my first playthrough, and I saw the chopper! How can I not have taken it?! >_<

Well, if you are like me you probably blew yourself up with a grenade while trying to kill the colonel.

Tip - Dont face the colonel directly. Run around him. Try going above him. Also, tethering him doesnt work (the hook doesnt work with him).

Another tip - If you cause enough chaos, doing the main mission for example, you will unlock the C4 and a chopper on the black market.

www.jamesvandermemes.com

marciosmg said:
Rainbird said:
marciosmg said:
Rainbird said:

Well, if you are like me you probably blew yourself up with a grenade while trying to kill the colonel.

Tip - Dont face the colonel directly. Run around him. Try going above him. Also, tethering him doesnt work (the hook doesnt work with him).

Another tip - If you cause enough chaos, doing the main mission for example, you will unlock the C4 and a chopper on the black market.

Sweet! And I actually managed to kill him without dying. Come to think of it, I still haven't actually died in the game yet, lol.

Had fun with it, but it doesn't merit a $60 purchase imo. I'll pick it up when it's $30 new.

Rainbird said:
marciosmg said:
Rainbird said:
marciosmg said:
Rainbird said:

Sweet! And I actually managed to kill him without dying. Come to think of it, I still haven't actually died in the game yet, lol.

I have died a fewtimes by blowing myself up. I try cooking the grenade, but I wait too long.

www.jamesvandermemes.com