By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Synching trophies, why?

twesterm said:
papflesje said:
d21lewis said:
Join us for tomorrow's episode when Tweserm complains about the triangle shaped "start-button" on the PS3 being too sharp!

ahahah :D

That damn start button is going to get an earful...

Admit it, your hands are just too girly girly soft to withstand the power of the Sony start button!

Around the Network
papflesje said:
twesterm said:
papflesje said:
d21lewis said:
Join us for tomorrow's episode when Tweserm complains about the triangle shaped "start-button" on the PS3 being too sharp!

ahahah :D

That damn start button is going to get an earful...

Admit it, your hands are just too girly girly soft to withstand the power of the Sony start button!

I wish I had girly soft hands!  My hands are stupid amounts of dry and cracked and I have to moisterize like five times a day.

Alic0004 said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:
twesterm, you dont have a single platinum, have less than 10 golds and not even 20 silvers...You dont happen to be a "trophy whore". Just sync every single trophy when you get them by accessing the in-game XMB and going to your profile.
It will become a habit.

You've gotta admit though, that sounds pretty lame when it could just do it invisibly without user input.  It's not a big thing that affects the quality of the PS3-owning experience, it's just a little annoyance that it's good to bug Sony about.

To me, one of the the annoying things about Sony's basic style from a design perspective, is their tendency to always do things their own way, and not pay attention to all the constantly changing little evolutions and automizations which people come to expect from technology.  They always feel like they're a little bit behind in some of the details.

That's just my perception of it, anyway.  We should be able to have a conversation among tech/video game geeks without everyone donning their colors and turning it into a console war brawl, right?

That would be nice but I guess the moment you say something negative about anything related to Sony I guess you're automatically a fanboy moron even though I praised Heavy Rain despite my hate for QTE's.  I guess it's more fun though to ignore anything anyone says and just call them a fanboy though.

Anyways, yeah, you're pretty right that they do things their way.  I'm sure by manually synching trophies that saves them server strain which I'm sure makes sense on their side, not-so-much on our side.

So you have to go out of your way to show your trophies by syncing? What happens if you dont sync? Can I avoid syncing all together?

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

WarmachineX said:
So you have to go out of your way to show your trophies by syncing? What happens if you dont sync? Can I avoid syncing all together?

Whenever you go to look at your trophies or your profile, trophies will be synched. That's how you synch them.

Around the Network

twesterm said:
Sharky54 said:
Stop complaining. You always complain about Sony. Please sell me your PS3 and all your games for it. Then leave this section forever. It is getting annoying.

I guess you missed yesterday when I ripped on Mass Effect for a while?

That's the point, you bitch too much, its just annoying and nobody cares about the simple stuff you bitch about.

twesterm said:
Alic0004 said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:
twesterm, you dont have a single platinum, have less than 10 golds and not even 20 silvers...You dont happen to be a "trophy whore". Just sync every single trophy when you get them by accessing the in-game XMB and going to your profile.
It will become a habit.

You've gotta admit though, that sounds pretty lame when it could just do it invisibly without user input.  It's not a big thing that affects the quality of the PS3-owning experience, it's just a little annoyance that it's good to bug Sony about.

To me, one of the the annoying things about Sony's basic style from a design perspective, is their tendency to always do things their own way, and not pay attention to all the constantly changing little evolutions and automizations which people come to expect from technology.  They always feel like they're a little bit behind in some of the details.

That's just my perception of it, anyway.  We should be able to have a conversation among tech/video game geeks without everyone donning their colors and turning it into a console war brawl, right?

That would be nice but I guess the moment you say something negative about anything related to Sony I guess you're automatically a fanboy moron even though I praised Heavy Rain despite my hate for QTE's.  I guess it's more fun though to ignore anything anyone says and just call them a fanboy though.

Anyways, yeah, you're pretty right that they do things their way.  I'm sure by manually synching trophies that saves them server strain which I'm sure makes sense on their side, not-so-much on our side.

Do you really want me to sit here and go through every single post you have ever made and post every single sony hating post? I will if thats what you want. Oh wow you enjoyed a game! Big deal. You still complain to much.

I think we all agree that twesterm is a big complainer, especially to PS3 and especially since his name went from green to white... but he has a point in this one

I wonder what you're going to be like as an old man Twesterm.