By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Synching trophies, why?

So now that I'm actually getting trophies again thanks to Heavy Rain, I forgot the synching woes.  It's not that synching is in any difficult, it's just it's never on my mind until my PS3 is already.

So why do we even have to synch in the first place?

I don't really understand how we can have the PS3 automatically update Facebook when we get a trophy but somehow automatically synching trophies is just too far beyind their realm of comprehension.  I don't really care if they still had to be synched somehow, it would be *awesome* if they could just automatically synch when I turn my PS3 on, or connect to the PSN, or turn on a game, or exit a game.

There's really no good reason we still have to manually synch trophies.

-edit-

NOTE-- I don't care if you don't care about trophies. If you don't care about trophies you shouldn't care about this thread and just kindly leave thank you.

Around the Network

Stop complaining. You always complain about Sony. Please sell me your PS3 and all your games for it. Then leave this section forever. It is getting annoying.

Always wondered this myself.

Don't know. Tell it to Sony.

It's really weird. Is it possible that MS somehow managed to copyright(trademark?) the coding for auto-syncing the acheivements?

@Sharky54 - Why are you so angry? You were just tearing people apart in the Natal thread yesterday, and now you're at it again. I suggest deep breaths.

Around the Network
Sharky54 said:
Stop complaining. You always complain about Sony. Please sell me your PS3 and all your games for it. Then leave this section forever. It is getting annoying.

I guess you missed yesterday when I ripped on Mass Effect for a while?

well i dont know about you but i don't sync my trophies on purpose and they still find their way to my PSN account... i have seen that happening many times... turn on my ps3 and boom there they are!

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

They might add auto-syncing trophies in the future via a FW update though..Would it kill you to take 10 seconds of your time before turning off your PS3 to syn your trophies ? I'm not bothered by this at all.

It means nothing. Every single thread I have ever seen you make in the Sony forum has been to complain about something. Just shut up already. We get it. You hate Sony.

OMG it takes 3 seconds to sync your trophies. Shame on them. That is faaaaaar too long. My 3 seconds is sooo precious. They should pay me for the time they wasted. Do you complain when the microwave doesn't cook your food instantly too?

CommonMan said:
It's really weird. Is it possible that MS somehow managed to copyright(trademark?) the coding for auto-syncing the acheivements?

@Sharky54 - Why are you so angry? You were just tearing people apart in the Natal thread yesterday, and now you're at it again. I suggest deep breaths.

Achievements update within minutes but I don't actually even care that it happens that quickly, I just want the trophies to synch at some point automatically.

It could be:

• When I turn the PS3 on
  • When I sign into the PSN
  • When I start a game
  • When I leave a game

I don't really care if it does it immediately, that isn't a big deal to me, I just wish it would do it automatically because I, and I'm sure I'm not alone here, never think about it until my PS3 is already off and I'm doing something else.  Like I said, it's bullshit we can have Facebook update automatically, but not the actual synching.

Anyone who really defends Sony on this are just delusional and refuse to admit Sony can do any wrong.