By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Synching trophies, why?

you know your a sony man when you auto sync your trophies at the start/end of every session,lol

they brainwashed me

actually i never even realised you had to synch trophies,i wasn't even online for two years and lost everything when my ps3 broke

Above & Beyond

Around the Network
Sharky54 said:
CommonMan said:
Sharky54 said:
twesterm said:
CommonMan said:
It's really weird. Is it possible that MS somehow managed to copyright(trademark?) the coding for auto-syncing the acheivements?

@Sharky54 - Why are you so angry? You were just tearing people apart in the Natal thread yesterday, and now you're at it again. I suggest deep breaths.

Achievements update within minutes but I don't actually even care that it happens that quickly, I just want the trophies to synch at some point automatically.

It could be:

• When I turn the PS3 on
  • When I sign into the PSN
  • When I start a game
  • When I leave a game

I don't really care if it does it immediately, that isn't a big deal to me, I just wish it would do it automatically because I, and I'm sure I'm not alone here, never think about it until my PS3 is already off and I'm doing something else.  Like I said, it's bullshit we can have Facebook update automatically, but not the actual synching.

Anyone who really defends Sony on this are just delusional and refuse to admit Sony can do any wrong.

is it REALLY so hard to manually sync them?

Also I am angry at fanboys like the OP, I am angry at morons who think stupid stuff is better then stuff that is used everywhere. "Derr I cant remember 4 numbers derrr" Jesus. People now are too damn lazy. Dont wanna remember a simple password. Dont want to click a god damn button to update trophies. 

First, calling someone a fanboy can get you banned. Second, trust me when I tell you twesterm is not the one coming off as one-sided right now.

I speak the truth. As I stated before. Every single thread I have ever seen him make in the Sony forum is to say he hates something about Sony or the PS3. If that isn't fanboyism. Then I don't know what is.

Also, if I an truly banned for calling someone a fanboy. So be it. Its just a damn word.

Maybe so, but if he is just a complainer then it's a different story. I don't see him making threads in the Xbox forums praising everything about MS or in the Wii forums slobbing on Nintendo's knob. Yell at him for being a general Debbie Downer rather than a fanboy, it's closer to accurate.

GodOfWar_3ever said:
twesterm said:
CommonMan said:
It's really weird. Is it possible that MS somehow managed to copyright(trademark?) the coding for auto-syncing the acheivements?

@Sharky54 - Why are you so angry? You were just tearing people apart in the Natal thread yesterday, and now you're at it again. I suggest deep breaths.

Achievements update within minutes but I don't actually even care that it happens that quickly, I just want the trophies to synch at some point automatically.

It could be:

• When I turn the PS3 on
  • When I sign into the PSN
  • When I start a game
  • When I leave a game

I don't really care if it does it immediately, that isn't a big deal to me, I just wish it would do it automatically because I, and I'm sure I'm not alone here, never think about it until my PS3 is already off and I'm doing something else.  Like I said, it's bullshit we can have Facebook update automatically, but not the actual synching.

Anyone who really defends Sony on this are just delusional and refuse to admit Sony can do any wrong.

Facebook updates happen when you sync trophies..

its not anything wrong..its your fault that you forget to sync them, not sony's..I usually just go into the xmb and try to acess my profile under the friends section in the XMB when I earn a trophy..I synce them as I get them... I suggest you do the same

@sharky - please edit your post, or you'll be banned....dont call him a fanboy...quick ! edit it !

I completely accept it's my fault that I forget to synch trophies, I just don't get why it's so hard to make it something automatic so I don't have the chance to forget. 

When I quit a game for the night, I don't generally have trophies on the mind unless I *just* got one.  I generally have oh, the wife is here, she doesn't want to watch me play a game or time for bed! or I'm hungry now, not done with this gaming session, lets synch up!.  It's something that's an obvious design flaw and something that isn't a hard fix so I don't know why we're sill dealing with it three years later.

And don't worry, I got what sharky said right here and I've already reported both of these posts for trolling and flaming.

Sharky54 said:
It means nothing. Every single thread I have ever seen you make in the Sony forum has been to complain about something. Just shut up already. We get it. You hate Sony.

OMG it takes 3 seconds to sync your trophies. Shame on them. That is faaaaaar too long. My 3 seconds is sooo precious. They should pay me for the time they wasted. Do you complain when the microwave doesn't cook your food instantly too?
Sharky54 said:

is it REALLY so hard to manually sync them?

Also I am angry at fanboys like the OP, I am angry at morons who think stupid stuff is better then stuff that is used everywhere. "Derr I cant remember 4 numbers derrr" Jesus. People now are too damn lazy. Dont wanna remember a simple password. Dont want to click a god damn button to update trophies. 

GodOfWar_3ever said:
CommonMan said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:
They might add auto-syncing trophies in the future via a FW update though..Would it kill you to take 10 seconds of your time before turning off your PS3 to syn your trophies ? I'm not bothered by this at all.

1. He's not complaining about 10 seconds, he's wondering why it's not automatic when it's presumably a pretty simple thing to do.

2. GodOfWar_3ever (formerly MetalGearSolid_4ever), I can't imagine that anything that Sony has ever done/not done, or will ever do/not do will ever bother you at all.

1. Yes, I know that.. But manually syncing them isn't exactly the hardest thing to do.

2. And why do you presume that ? 

1. I know, I personally sync them every session, but it really would be nice if they just did. That is all the OP is saying.

2. Because I was annoyed with Sharky and taking it out on you, I apologize.

CommonMan said:

Maybe so, but if he is just a complainer then it's a different story. I don't see him making threads in the Xbox forums praising everything about MS or in the Wii forums slobbing on Nintendo's knob. Yell at him for being a general Debbie Downer rather than a fanboy, it's closer to accurate.

I am in fact a downer and a complainer.  What can I say, I'm a critical person. 

Around the Network
twesterm said:
CommonMan said:

Never seen you complain anywhere but the Sony forums. Report me as you wish. I do not care. I was looking through your posts. Even when talking about heavy rain. All you do is complain saying you hate the controls, the graphics aren't good. The mouths are fuzzy. Go complain in the other sections. I really don't see how its so hard to manually update your trophies. I really don't.

twesterm said:
CommonMan said:

I'm a wuss and never complain, so it's nice to have people that will (even if I disagree with your take on Mass Effect ). The problem is, complaining about Sony around here is a really ballsy thing to do, and I wish it didn't have to be.

CommonMan said:
twesterm said:
CommonMan said:

I'm a wuss and never complain, so it's nice to have people that will (even if I disagree with your take on Mass Effect ). The problem is, complaining about Sony around here is a really ballsy thing to do, and I wish it didn't have to be.

I don't mind when people complain about certain things. But when someone complains about every damn thing. That is what gets me angry. And he obviously ALWAYS bitches about sony. I have yet to see him not bitch about sony in some way.

I sync because I can, if you never sync, and have hundreds of trophies piled up then sync by accident, you will be in a world of pain, or you can go take a shower, that would work too.

twesterm, you dont have a single platinum, have less than 10 golds and not even 20 silvers...You dont happen to be a "trophy whore". Just sync every single trophy when you get them by accessing the in-game XMB and going to your profile.
It will become a habit.