By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Synching trophies, why?

GodOfWar_3ever said:
twesterm, you dont have a single platinum, have less than 10 golds and not even 20 silvers...You dont happen to be a "trophy whore". Just sync every single trophy when you get them by accessing the in-game XMB and going to your profile.
It will become a habit.

You've gotta admit though, that sounds pretty lame when it could just do it invisibly without user input.  It's not a big thing that affects the quality of the PS3-owning experience, it's just a little annoyance that it's good to bug Sony about.

To me, one of the the annoying things about Sony's basic style from a design perspective, is their tendency to always do things their own way, and not pay attention to all the constantly changing little evolutions and automizations which people come to expect from technology.  They always feel like they're a little bit behind in some of the details.

That's just my perception of it, anyway.  We should be able to have a conversation among tech/video game geeks without everyone donning their colors and turning it into a console war brawl, right?

Around the Network
HanzoTheRazor said:
I thought you were a hardcore gamer... guess I was wrong. It is so you can (If you want to that is) sneak up on your friends. I have done this many times. Is actually a tonne of fun. I like the option, unlike the 360 which you have no choice with. Anyway, what is the big deal? You only have to push "one" button...

Hadn't thought of that because the idea of caring about tophies/achievements always makes me feel deeply depressed (sorry guys).

I can see how that would be a really fun way to strategize when you're competing with friends.

Twesterm doesn't have any real friends on PSN confirmed?  :P

Join us for tomorrow's episode when Tweserm complains about the triangle shaped "start-button" on the PS3 being too sharp!

I agree, it should be automatic.

However, if you DO care about trohpies, I don't understand how you aren't doing it all the time? Everytime you check your trophies for any game it auto-syncs, and any time you check your profile for overall trohpy info it syncs. You say you care about trohpies, yet apparently you never check your trophy info....doesn't make much sense.

But as I said, I agree, it should be automatic. But maybe they assume that if you never check your trohpy info you don't care about trophies, so it doesn't bother to sync them. Not great reasoning, I know, but I could see them thinking that.

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

I also have always wondered this but, its really not a big deal to me, usually after I play and get some trophies when i am finished I go and look at them, read what they were for, so it always is acurate . I think they way Sony and MS manage and record the achievments/trophies may be different. Oh well really not a big deal, bigger fish to fry.

Around the Network

@twestern

yes, trophies are tied to the account, of course, is that surprising?

epicurean said:
I agree, it should be automatic.

However, if you DO care about trohpies, I don't understand how you aren't doing it all the time? Everytime you check your trophies for any game it auto-syncs, and any time you check your profile for overall trohpy info it syncs. You say you care about trohpies, yet apparently you never check your trophy info....doesn't make much sense.

But as I said, I agree, it should be automatic. But maybe they assume that if you never check your trohpy info you don't care about trophies, so it doesn't bother to sync them. Not great reasoning, I know, but I could see them thinking that.

Why would I check them when I can recite the ones I got off the top of my head?

Since I care about trophies I actually pay attention to the little chime.  Heavy Rain was nice enough to give you trophies on chapter loads so that means I should definately be able to pay attention to what trophy I just got.

And again, this isn't some huge glaring issue that I will eternaly hate Sony for, it's a minor annoyance and an easy fix, I don't really understand why it's still there. 

When they first introduced trophies, whatever, the system was still new, but there's really no excuse to still have to synch them.

d21lewis said:
Join us for tomorrow's episode when Tweserm complains about the triangle shaped "start-button" on the PS3 being too sharp!

ahahah :D

papflesje said:
d21lewis said:

ahahah :D

That damn start button is going to get an earful...

d21lewis said:

it does have a mean point