By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Synching trophies, why?

So for you people that think I hate the PS3, I actually picked up a slim today (which are surprisingly hard to find).

I've been suspecting that my current PS3 has been on its last legs for some time now since it sounds like a jet engine, blue tooth devices connect about 1/3 of the time, and even nord and I share some funny play BlueRay's from the beginning bug.

I figure since it's the wanted CECHE-01 BC model I can get $200-250 for it and since I got it for about $100 cheaper new and if it did break I would have to spend $100+ to fix it, it all works out.

Anyways, backing up my old PS3 now, it making me back up everything even though I only want the saves.

Around the Network
twesterm said:
So for you people that think I hate the PS3, I actually picked up a slim today (which are surprisingly hard to find).

I've been suspecting that my current PS3 has been on its last legs for some time now since it sounds like a jet engine, blue tooth devices connect about 1/3 of the time, and even nord and I share some funny play BlueRay's from the beginning bug.

I figure since it's the wanted CECHE-01 BC model I can get $200-250 for it and since I got it for about $100 cheaper new and if it did break I would have to spend $100+ to fix it, it all works out.

Anyways, backing up my old PS3 now, it making me back up everything even though I only want the saves.

Pft, if you really loved your PS3 you woulda kept that spare one the ghostbuster guys gave you!

Kasz216 said:
twesterm said:

Pft, if you really loved your PS3 you woulda kept that spare one the ghostbuster guys gave you!

lol I sold that one within a day of getting it.  :-p

This will be my third PS3 now and now the only one I've actually paid money for (though I got like $170 off since I traded in a lot of games since my gaming shelf was full).  ;_;

Sorry to dig up a slightly old thread but I just noticed something else about syncing-- you can only sync when you're out of a game!

I was playing tonight and got a few trophies and after earning one, I went and looked and noticed my trophies didn't sync. I got a few more and looked as I got them and my trophies didn't sync so I got curious.

Before I quit the game I checked my trophies, didn't sync. After I quit, checked my trophies, and they synced.

So I guess not only were the people telling me they synced theirs while playing were just wrong, but you really do have to make a point after you're done playing to sync your trophies.

I'm sorry, but that just makes the whole process even dumber.

I didn't even know about having to do that, lol. I've had a PS3 ever since Disgaea 3 came out and I've looked at my profile probably 10 times.

Guess it doesn't bother me much since I don't care for trophies particularly, but it's a dumb design and no idea how anyone can defend it like it's the most natural thing to go sync when you get a trophy.

Around the Network

I have a question for you, why do you always find something negative about the PS3? and never the 360? im just curious.

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
I have a question for you, why do you always find something negative about the PS3? and never the 360? im just curious.

There's plenty negative about the 360, just nothing that has bothered me enough lately to make a thread:

• Mass Effect shittiness (did make a thread about this a week or two ago)
  • My plug and play is going
  • Sometimes my 360 won't actually turn on if it turns on too soon before my receiver
  • I pay for Gold yet I don't play multiplayer
  • I hate having no privacy sometimes (true of both consoles though)
  • I hate having to install game installs because I'm not using my disc drive for fear of it breaking

I'm sure there are more, but I probably have less complaints because I just like the console better which really doesn't prove anything other than I just like the console better.

-edit-

I should also add, since people think I only hate on the PS3, I'm perfectly happy with my Slim.  Other than a problem with my Harmony Remote Adapter which isn't the Slims fault, I like it.  I just think it's stupid that you have to sync.  And now that I know you have to sync outside of the game when I've even less likely to look at the trophies, I think it's even dumber.

Well it looks like you were right, twesterm. #3 requested feature on the their list, after cross-game chat and PS2 BC.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/

Welcome to PlayStation.Blog Share

Do you have an idea for how to improve the PlayStation experience? If so, Share it! PlayStation.Blog Share is a place to formally submit your best ideas on how we can improve all PlayStation products.

Auto-Syncing Trophies

Posted in Hardware, PS3 by kb4983 | March 17, 2010

When you acquire a Trophy in-game, the trophy should sync to the network without the user having to go to their profile or to the trophy section and choosing ‘Sync’.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"