By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Synching trophies, why?

Hey, Twesterm. Add me to your PS3 friends list so that I can stalk you more efficiently! Also, I misplaced the hair and underwear that you threw away back in 2007 (I do still have the used gum, though.) Can you please throw away some more. Each time I go through your garbage and find nothing, I think about giving up.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
Hey, Twesterm. Add me to your PS3 friends list so that I can stalk you more efficiently! Also, I misplaced the hair and underwear that you threw away back in 2007 (I do still have the used gum, though.) Can you please throw away some more. Each time I go through your garbage and find nothing, I think about giving up.

Silly fool, you're checking the wrong garbage can!

twesterm said:
Ajescent said:
I think this thread would carry more weight if it was coming from a Trophy whore instead of someone who is a self confessed complainer, that's my take on it. It's not that auto syncing is bad, it's just the person complaining.

So it's not that I have a bias against the PS3, it's people have a bias against me!

So what kind of fanboys does that make them?  o.O

wait, I think I got it...  it makes YOU a Twesterm fanboy.

:)

I agree it doesn't make sense that you have to manually sync trophies. The thing that really made me think about that was the PS3 problem on Monday.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

twesterm said:
Feylic said:
I've never manually synced my trophies. Every once in awhile I compare with some of my friends, and the trophies sync. Problem Solved.

And if I don't compare trophies with friends?  That really doesn't solve anything.

I know I have a friends list on my PS3 since I occassionaly see them sign on, but I don't know who 90% of them actually are...

So let me get this straight...you LOVE trophies, but you never check them for an individual game because you claim you remember every trophy you've ever gotten, and you also never compare with friends or check your profile status (as it has aggregate trophy info).

It sounds to me like you only care about trophies to know you've got them yourself, in which case, why do you ever care if they are synced?  You don't compare them with anyone and you dont care what % you are at for any individual game...then what's the point? 

(as stated earlier, I agree they should auto-sync, I'm just arguing for arguings sake because I still don't understand your logic.  If you do anything trophy related on your system, it auto syncs.  But for some reason you're the 1 person in a million who never looks at any trophy info in any part of your system, yet claims that trophy stuff is important.  You're not making sense.)

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

Around the Network
epicurean said:
twesterm said:
Feylic said:
I've never manually synced my trophies. Every once in awhile I compare with some of my friends, and the trophies sync. Problem Solved.

And if I don't compare trophies with friends?  That really doesn't solve anything.

I know I have a friends list on my PS3 since I occassionaly see them sign on, but I don't know who 90% of them actually are...

So let me get this straight...you LOVE trophies, but you never check them for an individual game because you claim you remember every trophy you've ever gotten, and you also never compare with friends or check your profile status (as it has aggregate trophy info).

It sounds to me like you only care about trophies to know you've got them yourself, in which case, why do you ever care if they are synced?  You don't compare them with anyone and you dont care what % you are at for any individual game...then what's the point? 

(as stated earlier, I agree they should auto-sync, I'm just arguing for arguings sake because I still don't understand your logic.  If you do anything trophy related on your system, it auto syncs.  But for some reason you're the 1 person in a million who never looks at any trophy info in any part of your system, yet claims that trophy stuff is important.  You're not making sense.)

I don't normally check on my PS3 because, well, I just don't.  I much more like checking on websites.

Anyways, I just like having them and seeing the number go up. 

And I think you misunderstood me-- I generally remember what trophies I got in a play session, I don't remember every one I have.  And still, that's no excuse for them not auto updating.

What if I finish a game of whatever last night, got a few trophies, and then just turn my PS3 off.  The next day I want to see the trophies I got, I then have to turn my PS3 on, synch trophies, and then look rather than just loading a website and looking.

I don't realyl get why people have such a hard time understanding I merely like the act of getting achievements/trophies, I don't necessarily care what they were for, I just like getting them and then knowing how many I have.

Because of the error, I lost all my GTA 4 trophies.

twesterm said:
epicurean said:
twesterm said:
Feylic said:

I don't normally check on my PS3 because, well, I just don't.  I much more like checking on websites.

Anyways, I just like having them and seeing the number go up. 

And I think you misunderstood me-- I generally remember what trophies I got in a play session, I don't remember every one I have.  And still, that's no excuse for them not auto updating.

What if I finish a game of whatever last night, got a few trophies, and then just turn my PS3 off.  The next day I want to see the trophies I got, I then have to turn my PS3 on, synch trophies, and then look rather than just loading a website and looking.

I don't realyl get why people have such a hard time understanding I merely like the act of getting achievements/trophies, I don't necessarily care what they were for, I just like getting them and then knowing how many I have.

Ok, so the big thing I was missing was that you like to check them online.  I had been under the impression you liked getting them, and remembered what you got, but never checked them again after that (which it sounds like you don't on your PS3, because then they would auto-sync).

Misunderstanding resolved.  As I've said all along, it would be ideal if they did auto-sync.  And like you've said all along, not a real big deal, either.

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

I never sync trophies and they are all on psn unless it does it without me noticing when i compare trophies against my friends.

It's like 5 seconds...No biggy there.