By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Synching trophies, why?

twesterm said:
CommonMan said:

Maybe so, but if he is just a complainer then it's a different story. I don't see him making threads in the Xbox forums praising everything about MS or in the Wii forums slobbing on Nintendo's knob. Yell at him for being a general Debbie Downer rather than a fanboy, it's closer to accurate.

I am in fact a downer and a complainer.  What can I say, I'm a critical person. 

I think of you as less of a "Debbie Downer" and more like the Andy Rooney of VGChartz, only slightly more inconsistent and senile.

Around the Network

they do things like this so that they can always be improving themselves.

Plus, why would they fix it? It gives people online stuff to talk about, and that's free publicity.

theprof00 said:

Plus, why would they fix it? It gives people online stuff to talk about, and that's free publicity.
theprof wins the thread!

@OP

There's a thing about automatic synching. If I'm using a PSN account that is not mine, I will obtain the trophies (they will pop up on screen), but if that user doesn't want me to *record* the trophies for him/her, them I won't go online and synch with the server.

Why would someone do this, you may ask? well, I did it. My brother had finished Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 on Path of the Warrior (which unlocks Path of the Mentor) I wanted to play on Mentor in my first playthrough to dust-off my NG skills. So I used his account IN MY PS3 (only had to log in as him to start the game, once saved I could play online without having to log in as him again), but I never synch the trophies, of course, 'cause they were not his :P Sure, I didn't get the trophies either since it was not my account, but I don't give a shit about that. Eventually I did it on my account, though. Call it a hadcore ninja gamer's whim. :P

theprof00 said:

Isn't it better to talk about my shiny new trophies than bitching about why they don't automatically synch?

Don't get me wrong, I love trophies and I love collecting them since I love collecting things, I just think it's absolutely stupid that I have to manually synch them.

I don't really see why people find it so offensive that I ask for something to be easier.

Sure, I can turn my TV on with my TV remote, and then switch my receiver to the right input with my receiver remote, and then finally turn my PS3 on with my controller but wouldn't it be much more convenient if I could have a magical device that could turn them all on with a single button press?

Or is even using remotes makes me too much of a wuss since it only takes 10 seconds to get up and turn the devices on manually?

Around the Network

It only takes few seconds, so it don't bother me at all

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

why not a button on your garagedoor opener that turns all the lights on, opens all the doors, turns on the ps3 and tv and stereo, sets an oven to warm the food inside, and reclines the sofa for you?

gekkokamen said:
@OP

There's a thing about automatic synching. If I'm using a PSN account that is not mine, I will obtain the trophies (they will pop up on screen), but if that user doesn't want me to *record* the trophies for him/her, them I won't go online and synch with the server.

Why would someone do this, you may ask? well, I did it. My brother had finished Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 on Path of the Warrior (which unlocks Path of the Mentor) I wanted to play on Mentor in my first playthrough to dust-off my NG skills. So I used his account IN MY PS3 (only had to log in as him to start the game, once saved I could play online without having to log in as him again), but I never synch the trophies, of course, 'cause they were not his :P Sure, I didn't get the trophies either since it was not my account, but I don't give a shit about that. Eventually I did it on my account, though. Call it a hadcore ninja gamer's whim. :P

I'm not sure what you're getting at, but I've never had to fiddle with multiple accounts.  Aren't trophies tied to your account?

For instance, if you're gekko and your brother is gekkosBrother and you're playing on gekkosBrother's account those trophies should be tied to his account because that's what you're playing under.  I didn't even know that you could change accounts and synch trophies.  I would actually file that situation under user error rather than design flaw (actually, I would call it a design flaw that I can get trophies while signed into one account and then switch to another account and get credit for those trophies rather than the original account).

theprof00 said:
why not a button on your garagedoor opener that turns all the lights on, opens all the doors, turns on the ps3 and tv and stereo, sets an oven to warm the food inside, and reclines the sofa for you?

If I could set my universal remote to do all that I would be in heaven.

I thought you were a hardcore gamer... guess I was wrong. It is so you can (If you want to that is) sneak up on your friends. I have done this many times. Is actually a tonne of fun. I like the option, unlike the 360 which you have no choice with. Anyway, what is the big deal? You only have to push "one" button...

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD