By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Synching trophies, why?

So Sony can offer auto syncing with their premium accounts when they come. It is quite annoying.

PSWii60 owner! woot

Get your Portable ID!

Around the Network
GodOfWar_3ever said:
They might add auto-syncing trophies in the future via a FW update though..Would it kill you to take 10 seconds of your time before turning off your PS3 to syn your trophies ? I'm not bothered by this at all.

It's not that it takes any time, it's that it's just something that is never on my mind until well after my PS3 is turned off and I can't synch unless I turn my PS3 on.

For instance I'm playing Heavy Rain and I'm enjoying it for the most part (happy Sharky?) and I'd love to show off the trophies I've gotten but since I haven't synched I can't.

Well syncing my trophies never really bothered me, i like to check my trophies often so see what i have/missed so itll sync eventually enough for me.

twesterm said:
CommonMan said:
It's really weird. Is it possible that MS somehow managed to copyright(trademark?) the coding for auto-syncing the acheivements?

@Sharky54 - Why are you so angry? You were just tearing people apart in the Natal thread yesterday, and now you're at it again. I suggest deep breaths.

Achievements update within minutes but I don't actually even care that it happens that quickly, I just want the trophies to synch at some point automatically.

It could be:

• When I turn the PS3 on
  • When I sign into the PSN
  • When I start a game
  • When I leave a game

I don't really care if it does it immediately, that isn't a big deal to me, I just wish it would do it automatically because I, and I'm sure I'm not alone here, never think about it until my PS3 is already off and I'm doing something else.  Like I said, it's bullshit we can have Facebook update automatically, but not the actual synching.

Anyone who really defends Sony on this are just delusional and refuse to admit Sony can do any wrong.

is it REALLY so hard to manually sync them?

Also I am angry at fanboys like the OP, I am angry at morons who think stupid stuff is better then stuff that is used everywhere. "Derr I cant remember 4 numbers derrr" Jesus. People now are too damn lazy. Dont wanna remember a simple password. Dont want to click a god damn button to update trophies. 

twesterm said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:
They might add auto-syncing trophies in the future via a FW update though..Would it kill you to take 10 seconds of your time before turning off your PS3 to syn your trophies ? I'm not bothered by this at all.

It's not that it takes any time, it's that it's just something that is never on my mind until well after my PS3 is turned off and I can't synch unless I turn my PS3 on.

For instance I'm playing Heavy Rain and I'm enjoying it for the most part (happy Sharky?) and I'd love to show off the trophies I've gotten but since I haven't synched I can't.

May i suggest something? Foresight. If you wanna show off your epeen. Then make sure to sync before you take it off. Its no one's fault but your own. It does take only a moment. 

Around the Network
GodOfWar_3ever said:

1. He's not complaining about 10 seconds, he's wondering why it's not automatic when it's presumably a pretty simple thing to do.

2. GodOfWar_3ever (formerly MetalGearSolid_4ever), I can't imagine that anything that Sony has ever done/not done, or will ever do/not do will ever bother you at all.

Sharky54 said:
twesterm said:
CommonMan said:
It's really weird. Is it possible that MS somehow managed to copyright(trademark?) the coding for auto-syncing the acheivements?

@Sharky54 - Why are you so angry? You were just tearing people apart in the Natal thread yesterday, and now you're at it again. I suggest deep breaths.

Achievements update within minutes but I don't actually even care that it happens that quickly, I just want the trophies to synch at some point automatically.

It could be:

• When I turn the PS3 on
  • When I start a game
  • When I leave a game

I don't really care if it does it immediately, that isn't a big deal to me, I just wish it would do it automatically because I, and I'm sure I'm not alone here, never think about it until my PS3 is already off and I'm doing something else.  Like I said, it's bullshit we can have Facebook update automatically, but not the actual synching.

Anyone who really defends Sony on this are just delusional and refuse to admit Sony can do any wrong.

Also I am angry at fanboys like the OP, I am angry at morons who think stupid stuff is better then stuff that is used everywhere. "Derr I cant remember 4 numbers derrr" Jesus. People now are too damn lazy. Dont wanna remember a simple password. Dont want to click a god damn button to update trophies. 

First, calling someone a fanboy can get you banned. Second, trust me when I tell you twesterm is not the one coming off as one-sided right now.

twesterm said:
CommonMan said:

It could be:

• When I turn the PS3 on
  • When I start a game
  • When I leave a game

Facebook updates happen when you sync trophies..

its not anything wrong..its your fault that you forget to sync them, not sony's..I usually just go into the xmb and try to acess my profile under the friends section in the XMB when I earn a trophy..I synce them as I get them... I suggest you do the same

@sharky - please edit your post, or you'll be banned....dont call him a fanboy...quick ! edit it !

CommonMan said:
Sharky54 said:
twesterm said:
CommonMan said:

It could be:

• When I turn the PS3 on
  • When I start a game
  • When I leave a game

First, calling someone a fanboy can get you banned. Second, trust me when I tell you twesterm is not the one coming off as one-sided right now.

I speak the truth. As I stated before. Every single thread I have ever seen him make in the Sony forum is to say he hates something about Sony or the PS3. If that isn't fanboyism. Then I don't know what is.

Also, if I an truly banned for calling someone a fanboy. So be it. Its just a damn word.

CommonMan said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:

1. He's not complaining about 10 seconds, he's wondering why it's not automatic when it's presumably a pretty simple thing to do.

2. GodOfWar_3ever (formerly MetalGearSolid_4ever), I can't imagine that anything that Sony has ever done/not done, or will ever do/not do will ever bother you at all.

1. Yes, I know that.. But manually syncing them isn't exactly the hardest thing to do.

2. And why do you presume that ?