By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's up with Peggle's reviews?

Pingu said:
atma998 said:
Like I said on your other thread,

Here is the top 10 PS3 games Metascore vs. User score:

GTAIV: Meta = 98%, Users = 74%

Uncharted 2: Meta = 96%, Users = 93%

LittleBigPlanet: Meta = 95%, Users = 64%

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2: Meta = 94%, Users = 55%

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare: Meta = 94%, Users = 89%

BioShock: Meta = 94%, Users = 80%

Street Fighter IV: Meta = 94%, Users = 79%

Metal Gear Solid 4: Meta = 94%, Users = 88%

Peggle: Meta = 93% (based only on 5 critics), Users = 96% (based only on 6 users)

Elder Scrolls IV: Meta = 93%, Users 82%

The results for PS3 games are 9 overrated games out of 10 (10/10 if we doesnt count Peggle for obvious reasons) with a cumulative of 145 overrated points.

Now let's take a look at the top 10 Wii games Metascore vs. User score:

Super Mario Galaxy: Meta = 97%, Users = 91%

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess: Meta = 95%, Users = 92%

World of Goo: Meta = 94%, Users = 90%

Super Smash Bros. Brawl: Meta = 93%, Users = 88%

Rock Band 2: Meta = 92%, Users = 82%

Metroid Prime Trilogy: Meta = 91%, Users = 93%

Resident Evil 4: Meta = 91%, Users = 91%

Okami: Meta = 90%, Users = 89%

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption: Meta = 90%, Users = 91%

Beatles: Rock Band: Meta = 89%, Users = 93%

The results for Wii games are 6 overrated games out of 10 with a cumulative of only 22 overrated points.

I know that it is surely hard for you to refute my point since I bring some REAL numbers taken on Metacritics so it's easier for you to post this kind of picture instead of trying to prove me wrong.

Around the Network

Atma you really should just stop. You are not making any sense you derailed the thread and its embarrassing to watch. You still haven't explained why you posted that list.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

atma998 said:
psrock said:
atma998 said:
psrock said:
atma998 said:
psrock said:
\
\

Yeah sure and HD gamers doesnt give bad scores to Wii games...

We don't really care that much.

True, you prefer to give bad scores only to X360 games. *Sight*

Thus your point fail.

No, I just don't buy your point and I don't see how giving bad scores to X360 games instead of Wii is so full of WIN!?

A = PS3 games are overrated because fans reviews shows a huge difference  vs the actual reviews

because

B= Wii games are not as overrated because users reviews don't show that  a huge difference.

Thus there is a huge bias against the Wii.

Objection!

But it's a bunch of fanboys doing these users reviewers, thus making your point meaningless.

Decision : Point A B fail hard ass.

Move on./

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Signalstar said:
Atma you really should just stop. You are not making any sense you derailed the thread and its embarrassing to watch. You still haven't explained why you posted that list.

And How exactly am I derailing this thread? This thread is all about Metascore vs. User score. Is it embarrassing for you and for the people who doesnt want to see the truth? Sorry but it's time to stop acting like sightless supporters. Can it be just possible that a lot of Critics are ''graphics whores'' and they tend to overrate games with HD graphics? Can it be possible that the users are more centered around gameplay over graphics? Can it also be possible that some critics are totally biased? This said, I totally agree that some stupid users are giving bad critics to their rival consoles but I don't think it explains all the large difference between metascores and user scores.

psrock said:
atma998 said:
psrock said:
atma998 said:
psrock said:
atma998 said:
psrock said:

Yeah sure and HD gamers doesnt give bad scores to Wii games...

We don't really care that much.

True, you prefer to give bad scores only to X360 games. *Sight*

Thus your point fail.

No, I just don't buy your point and I don't see how giving bad scores to X360 games instead of Wii is so full of WIN!?

A = PS3 games are overrated because fans reviews shows a huge difference  vs the actual reviews

because

B= Wii games are not as overrated because users reviews don't show that  a huge difference.

Thus there is a huge bias against the Wii.

Objection!

But it's a bunch of fanboys doing these users reviewers, thus making your point meaningless.

Decision : Point A B fail hard ass.

Move on./

Read the comment I made above.

Around the Network

User scores means absoloutely nothing .. zilch ..

atma998 said:
Signalstar said:

And How exactly am I derailing this thread? This thread is all about Metascore vs. User score. Is it embarrassing for you and for the people who doesnt want to see the truth? Sorry but it's time to stop acting like fanboys. Can it be just possible that a lot of Critics are ''graphics whores'' and they tend to overrate games with HD graphics? Can it be possible that the users are more centered around gameplay over graphics? Can it also be possible that some critics are totally biased? This said, I totally agree that some stupid users are giving bad critics to their rival consoles but I don't think it explains all the large difference between metascores and user scores.

Honestly the reviewers as graphic whore arguments is total bull shit.

Do you honestly think User reviews that anyone can vote for, not even having to play the game, back up their opinions with words, don't provide their names and sometimes appeear before the game is out have any actual merit to them?

Peggle has a high metacritic because it has gained a huge following in recent years and the five reviewers who happened to review it like it a lot. Chances are it won't receive many more reviews so its gonna stay high.

I don't pay attention to metacritic and I damn sure don't waste my time on user reviews.

Honestly this was just another attempt on your part to bring up reviewers hate The Wii argument and when the stupid HD war thing came up you foolishly claimed the Wii suffered the same thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

wait someone in this thread really thinks that user reviews on metacritic are more reliable than normal reviews ?

well...someone already posted the faceplam-pic, so I'll just link that post again: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?post=3200556&page=1&postnum=19

Signalstar said:
atma998 said:
Signalstar said:

And How exactly am I derailing this thread? This thread is all about Metascore vs. User score. Is it embarrassing for you and for the people who doesnt want to see the truth? Sorry but it's time to stop acting like fanboys. Can it be just possible that a lot of Critics are ''graphics whores'' and they tend to overrate games with HD graphics? Can it be possible that the users are more centered around gameplay over graphics? Can it also be possible that some critics are totally biased? This said, I totally agree that some stupid users are giving bad critics to their rival consoles but I don't think it explains all the large difference between metascores and user scores.

Honestly the reviewers as graphic whore arguments is total bull shit.

Do you honestly think User reviews that anyone can vote for, not even having to play the game, back up their opinions with words, don't provide their names and sometimes appeear before the game is out have any actual merit to them?

Peggle has a high metacritic because it has gained a huge following in recent years and the five reviewers who happened to review it like it a lot. Chances are it won't receive many more reviews so its gonna stay high.

I don't pay attention to metacritic and I damn sure don't waste my time on user reviews.

Honestly this was just another attempt on your part to bring up reviewers hate The Wii argument and when the stupid HD war thing came up you foolishly claimed the Wii suffered the same thing.

Ok so you don't think some reviewers are graphics whores then, that's your opinion. I personnaly think you're sticking your head in the sand. Do you honestly think that every single PS3 game's userscore are that much affected by fanboys? Each and every userscore is the result of fanboys? Really? LoL I can understand for games like MW2 but for all the remaining games this is ridiculous. And what about PS3 fanboys giving userscores of 100% then? Your logic failed so much sorry.

O_o Some people actually go to metacritic for user scores? I just blur it out whenever I go there to check out reviews.