By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's up with Peggle's reviews?

Ending the quote chain.

Not once did I say the word fanboy and in fact the majority of user reviews probably aren't fanboys. User reviews are still absolute crap because they are anonymous and have no quality control.

Just because some reviewers are biased doesn't mean they all are. That kind of thinking is called stereotyping.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network

My brother just got peggles for the ds. It has funky music....

*yawn*

atma998 said:
Signalstar said:
atma998 said:
Signalstar said:
Atma you really should just stop. You are not making any sense you derailed the thread and its embarrassing to watch. You still haven't explained why you posted that list.

And How exactly am I derailing this thread? This thread is all about Metascore vs. User score. Is it embarrassing for you and for the people who doesnt want to see the truth? Sorry but it's time to stop acting like fanboys. Can it be just possible that a lot of Critics are ''graphics whores'' and they tend to overrate games with HD graphics? Can it be possible that the users are more centered around gameplay over graphics? Can it also be possible that some critics are totally biased? This said, I totally agree that some stupid users are giving bad critics to their rival consoles but I don't think it explains all the large difference between metascores and user scores.

Honestly the reviewers as graphic whore arguments is total bull shit.

Do you honestly think User reviews that anyone can vote for, not even having to play the game, back up their opinions with words, don't provide their names and sometimes appeear before the game is out have any actual merit to them?

Peggle has a high metacritic because it has gained a huge following in recent years and the five reviewers who happened to review it like it a lot. Chances are it won't receive many more reviews so its gonna stay high.

I don't pay attention to metacritic and I damn sure don't waste my time on user reviews.

Honestly this was just another attempt on your part to bring up reviewers hate The Wii argument and when the stupid HD war thing came up you foolishly claimed the Wii suffered the same thing.

Ok so you don't think some reviewers are graphics whores then, that's your opinion. I personnaly think you're sticking your head in the sand. Do you honestly think that every single PS3 game's userscore are that much affected by fanboys? Each and every userscore is the result of fanboys? Really? LoL I can understand for games like MW2 but for all the remaining games this is ridiculous. And what about PS3 fanboys giving userscores of 100% then? Your logic failed so much sorry.

Your logic fails waaaay more.

Yes MANY user scores are affected by fanboys on Metacritic: Resistance 2, Modern Warfare 2, Heavy Rain, Gears of War 2 for example. All those games had 5.0 user scores before they were even released.

Do you know how many 100% scores from PS3 fanboys you need to equalize 1 0% score from a 360 fanboy ?

It's far easier to rate a good game down than to rate a good game up.

Peggle deserves all 100s, the ball bouncing funess defeats every game this generation.

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
Around the Network
Barozi said:
atma998 said:
Signalstar said:
atma998 said:
Signalstar said:
Atma you really should just stop. You are not making any sense you derailed the thread and its embarrassing to watch. You still haven't explained why you posted that list.

And How exactly am I derailing this thread? This thread is all about Metascore vs. User score. Is it embarrassing for you and for the people who doesnt want to see the truth? Sorry but it's time to stop acting like fanboys. Can it be just possible that a lot of Critics are ''graphics whores'' and they tend to overrate games with HD graphics? Can it be possible that the users are more centered around gameplay over graphics? Can it also be possible that some critics are totally biased? This said, I totally agree that some stupid users are giving bad critics to their rival consoles but I don't think it explains all the large difference between metascores and user scores.

Honestly the reviewers as graphic whore arguments is total bull shit.

Do you honestly think User reviews that anyone can vote for, not even having to play the game, back up their opinions with words, don't provide their names and sometimes appeear before the game is out have any actual merit to them?

Peggle has a high metacritic because it has gained a huge following in recent years and the five reviewers who happened to review it like it a lot. Chances are it won't receive many more reviews so its gonna stay high.

I don't pay attention to metacritic and I damn sure don't waste my time on user reviews.

Honestly this was just another attempt on your part to bring up reviewers hate The Wii argument and when the stupid HD war thing came up you foolishly claimed the Wii suffered the same thing.

Ok so you don't think some reviewers are graphics whores then, that's your opinion. I personnaly think you're sticking your head in the sand. Do you honestly think that every single PS3 game's userscore are that much affected by fanboys? Each and every userscore is the result of fanboys? Really? LoL I can understand for games like MW2 but for all the remaining games this is ridiculous. And what about PS3 fanboys giving userscores of 100% then? Your logic failed so much sorry.

Your logic fails waaaay more.

Yes MANY user scores are affected by fanboys on Metacritic: Resistance 2, Modern Warfare 2, Heavy Rain, Gears of War 2 for example. All those games had 5.0 user scores before they were even released.

Do you know how many 100% scores from PS3 fanboys you need to equalize 1 0% score from a 360 fanboy ?

It's far easier to rate a good game down than to rate a good game up.

You didnt answer any of my interrogations, but thanks anyway for your contribution.

Rainbird said:
The PS3 version only has 5 reviews, it's going to go down as soon as more reviews come in.

That's what I thought at first.  But it's been out for over 3 months.  I don't think anybody's going to bother to review a 3-month old port of a 3 year old game that's already available on every platform.

I'm guessing that only the diehard fans bothered to review it, which brings up a problem with metascores.  If some games are so niche (due to being a really late port or any othe reason) that they only get a couple reviews, their score will be inflated.

But really, if anybody here hasn't played Peggle, it's awesome.  I highly recommend the DS version, just for the portability alone, but every version is great.  I will gladly support Peggle even though PopCap games is my mortal enemy for stealing PuzzLoop.

atma998 said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Atma, why did you compile that list? It doesn't mean anything, especially when users can vote how they want and say whatever they want.

So? Isnt that true for both sides? Isnt that true for critics also? I can't wait to see your answer to those two questions Montana.

I should have emphasized that there's no regulation. Reviews have to be checked, regulated, and approved. They're held to a certain standard of quality, even if you don't approve of that standard. With user reviews, someone who has never played even a second of a game could leave a score and a couple of words and have it there in the database. Why do you think that LittleBigPlanet's score is so abnormally low (as an example)? It certainly has nothing to do with quality or reception by users, since it has an active online community as well as positive reception from gaming sites and strong word of mouth (although you wouldn't know any of this since you only play Nintendo consoles). The only reasonable explanation is that people are rating it down because it's a highly hyped and loved PS3 exclusive. But then again, you have a similar case with Uncharted 2, and that has a strong average for user reviews. So an even more likely conclusion is that the user scores don't mean jack shit, and bringing them up in the first place was pointless.

And please, cut the condescending bullshit. Having to put up with your crappy arguments is bad enough.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
Rainbird said:
The PS3 version only has 5 reviews, it's going to go down as soon as more reviews come in.

That's what I thought at first.  But it's been out for over 3 months.  I don't think anybody's going to bother to review a 3-month old port of a 3 year old game that's already available on every platform.

I'm guessing that only the diehard fans bothered to review it, which brings up a problem with metascores.  If some games are so niche (due to being a really late port or any othe reason) that they only get a couple reviews, their score will be inflated.

But really, if anybody here hasn't played Peggle, it's awesome.  I highly recommend the DS version, just for the portability alone, but every version is great.  I will gladly support Peggle even though PopCap games is my mortal enemy for stealing PuzzLoop.

But it's exactly the same game as the XBLA version, so just use that score, if you need to argue with someone about it....

Even though the 93 is still pretty close to the XBLA version. No one is able to notice a 4 points difference anyway.

Aaaah, Peggle. My 360 has been gone since early February and it just came back, today. It was a happy reunion, but one thought made my blood run cold. I have to play Peggle, tonight. You see, at first, I loved Peggle. I LOVED it. So I showed my girlfriend how to play. And from that point on, Peggle has haunted my nights. No matter what blockbuster game I planned to play with my sometimes limited gaming time, my girlfriend will always make me stop and play Peggle.

I now HATE Peggle.

About an hour ago, I was playing my 360. My girlfriend didn't even notice that it was back (she was gone when UPS delivered it and I hid the shipping box in my closet). She just found the plastic bag that it came in (I ALWAYS leave evidence and she ALWAYS finds it).

"Oh, we're gonna play some Peggle, tonight!", she just yelled.

And she's right. We will play some Peggle tonight. No force in this galaxy will stop this from happening. So, while I would have given Peggle a 9.5 out of 10 back when I bought it, my opinion of Peggle has changed a lot.

It's an amazing coincidence that this thread was on the front page when she said that but every word I type is 100% true. I am not smiling, now.

*edit*

I'll be damned.  She went to bed without wanting to play.  I'm worried!