Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's Media Summit Summary

More WiiWare/DSiWare videos...

Cave Story

Art Style: Rotozoa

Art Style: light trax (it's Dotsream!!)

Photo Dojo

Metal Torrent

Around the Network

OMG Photo Dojo looks amazing who's developing that one???

I want moreee!!!!!

Nooo!!

I want my ZELDA!!

MY ZELDA COLLECTION

Those Art Style games look really cool, especially Light Trax. Metal Torrent looked like a fast-paced Touhou game set in space so that's definitely something for me!

Is E3 in June this year?

Around the Network

Glad to see everyone's glad.

I'm now more excited than ever about what could Nintendo showcase at E3 as in BIG announcements. We know for a fact that SMG2 and M:OM won't be at the main event, perhaps have demo kiosks, but I doubt it.

Last year they unveiled SMG2, M:OM, Wii fit Plus and NSMBWii.

This year, we don't know yet. If there's gonna be anything during their presentation it will be something that has never been shown before. Games like Cosmic Walker, Line Attack Heroes, Xenoblade, etc don't make the cut, they aren't big enough. The Last Story could be there, along with Wii Vitality and Zelda Wii. Zelda Wii is a no brainer IMHO, it's the perfect chance to unveil it and make the crowd go wild and come back crawling to their feet. It's what most Nintendo fans have been waiting since the Wii was released. But I don't know yet what else could they have prepared. E3 is going to be huge this time, I can say it without a doubt.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

No gameplay vids of metroid?

Or is that after midnight?

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

trestres said:

I'm now more excited than ever about what could Nintendo showcase at E3 as in BIG announcements. We know for a fact that SMG2 and M:OM won't be at the main event, perhaps have demo kiosks, but I doubt it.

This year, we don't know yet. If there's gonna be anything during their presentation it will be something that has never been shown before. Games like Cosmic Walker, Line Attack Heroes, Xenoblade, etc don't make the cut, they aren't big enough. The Last Story could be there, along with Wii Vitality and Zelda Wii. Zelda Wii is a no brainer IMHO, it's the perfect chance to unveil it and make the crowd go wild and come back crawling to their feet. It's what most Nintendo fans have been waiting since the Wii was released. But I don't know yet what else could they have prepared. E3 is going to be huge this time, I can say it without a doubt.

trestres being positive about Nintendo?

Its a sign of the the end of the world!

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

trestres said:

Totally agree. The big anouncement for the next E3 has to be the new The Legend of Zelda Wii. It HAS to be.

MY ZELDA COLLECTION

^Actually the big announcement is Wii Vitality, Zelda will probably be there, but it won't be as big

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)