By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's Media Summit Summary

aragod said:
Metallicube said:
Man, with all the games announced for the first half of this year, makes you wonder what they have left for E3. Well probably Zelda Wii, but you gotta think there would have to be some other announcements as well.

Well judging by their last 2 E3's I'd say Nintendo doesn't give a flop about that event. So either there will be some huge surprise or more casual love.

Anyway SMG2 and Metroid Other M are going to make me dust off my Wii after a long long time, can't wait!

Have to disagree about E3 2009. While it wasn't near 2006's epicness, it was still pretty decent. We got the first showings of the amazing game that is NSMB Wii, plus a look at Galaxy 2, Metroid Other M, and Golden Sun DS.

I'm with you for 2008 though, I don't know what the hell they were thinking with their crap showing that year.

Around the Network

Some are saying nothing big? Holiday esque titles are coming out in May and June. That's a pretty big deal. Galaxy 2 is coming out on MAY 23. That's pretty megaton to me. Metroid on June 27. These are games I expected in September and 2011 respectively.

But as I was saying earlier, this leaves a huge amount they have to make up in the later half of the year. Last Story and Xenoblade will probably be 2 of those big titles for the later half, but obviously they need some huge ones as well. Those are your middle range big games, not your huge sellers like Mario. Although, we still have Pikmin 3 and Kirby Wii in the wait. Along with vitality sensor, motion plus games, etc. And then always waiting in the darkness is Zelda Wii.

And this is going to reflect E3. Nintendo held this summit now because all that they announced can't be announced at E3 and have an effective marketing campaign. Meaning none of this will be a huge focus of E3. So other than Zelda, the 2 RPGs, and vitality sensor will they show for the Wii.

I'm very impressed with this summit, as Nintendo is showing they aren't leaving any gaps in their releases this year. They aren't going to allow the system to slow down or the DS as they buffer it with games and other deals. Something they screwed up on in later 2008 and first half 2009. Also, showing they aren't leaving anything up to 3rd parties, unless those 3rd parties are showing they have something worthwhile which is why they are taking on MH3 and DQIX along with a special deal for Prince of Persia. Glad to see Nintendo taking a very strong initiative so early this year and not leaving anything to chance. Sony and MS going into the next 5 months need to keep up because this is a very strong move.

if only zelda.....
but that smg2 trailer was awesome

It sucks when I died and made it to hevan. (I knew that jumping off the cliff was a bad idea)

Oh wait

This is real life O_o

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Wow, I was not expecting Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Metroid Other M so soon..this is great!

The new screenshots and Galaxy Trailer were also awesome.

I'm pretty sure that Zelda Wii will make it this year...they cannot just leave the holiday open...although Star Fox/F Zero/Pikmin would also make me happy

Currently Playing: Mario Kart 7, Mario Kart 8, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Super Smash Bros for Wii U

Predictions:

Super Mario Galaxy will pass Super Mario 64 in total sales CORRECT!

Around the Network

Hell yes! More Art Style games! A remake of the SNES Prince of Persia! Picross 3D! Cave Story! Mega Man 10! Woohooo!!!!!

This is an amazing line-up. And yeah, Galaxy/MOM/Punishment/MH/DQ/Pokemon. That too.

X-Scape video                       

...it looks like StarFox 2 and REZ made a baby. <3

but nothing have been said about Zelda...

MY ZELDA COLLECTION

Damn, this is amazing Can't wait for E3 now