By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Just Dance, metascore 47

Demotruk said:
Where do people come up with crazy logic like "Just Dance sells, therefore we should not serve other markets". By the same logic they shouldn't make anything on the HD consoles at all besides Call of Duty's.

Out of 658 PS3 games listed on VGChartz, 68 of them are FPS.

Out of 807 360 games listed on VGChartz, 92 of them are FPS.

HD consoles see the same thing with FPS games, as the Wii sees with Party/Fitness games.

Around the Network
Demotruk said:
Where do people come up with crazy logic like "Just Dance sells, therefore we should not serve other markets". By the same logic they shouldn't make anything on the HD consoles at all besides Call of Duty's.

Um, it's good propaganda? And don't forget Nintendo stopped producing core games after Wii Sports became a success.

Ubisoft doesn't seem to know what they are doing though, instead of only making Just dance games they will shove a new Prince of Persia down our throats!

It is logical that sequels to Just Dance will come if the francise continues being successful, just as Ubisoft will make a Red Steel 3 if the second one is successful, and will make more PoP games if the Forgotten Sands one is successful.

A Just Dance 2 was announced about a month ago.
Every copy sold from now on is just icing on the cake.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Killergran said:
Xoj said:

there is no denial it's a horrible game :p, and cash in, what sad it worked.

casual eat up

I haven't yet heard anyone say WHY it's a bad game. And people are denying it. And buying it. So, why are they buying it? And why are the critics disliking it? That's the really interesting point here.

To do that someone would have to actually... you know... play it.

axumblade said:
The saddest part is that my bf's sister bought a Wii just for this game. lol.

The saddest part is you will now spend more time with your boyfriend's sister than with your boyfriend.

Around the Network

There is no image problem when it comes to Nintendo...they have games people want. For the hardcore/core (Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Brawl) or Casual (Wii Series).

How can a company with the highest rated games under its belt, and also the best selling games have an image problem?

HD systems seem to have an image complex. There hardcore/core games don't seem to sell as well as Nintendo's Core games.

There also isn't a lack of hardcore/core players in the wii's userbase...if Zelda can sell 5-7mil, Mario Galaxy 8+ mil, Brawl 9-10mil then there is a hardcore market on the wii.

3rd parties need to make the core games on the wii similar in quality to the Nintendo ones....and advertise of course. It would sell....=)

psrock said:
chichi-101 said:
psrock said:
nordlead said:
Carl2291 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
"If the userbase wants new, great core games from developers like Ubisoft, they wouldn't give the developers reason to spam games like this."

Wrong. It's buying the core games that let them know. More great core games have to be put on the Wii and people will buy them, not niche games presented as tests.

And the core games don't seem to sell enough, while games like Just Dance are selling millions.

Now, put a whole bunch of money/effort into creating a new core game on Wii with a risk of it bombing... Or quickly make Just Dance 2 with extra tracks, more moves, a few more features, and guarentee an easy profit.

I know which route i would take if i were a developer.

wait. let me guess, the core games are.

• The Conduit
  • Little King's Story
  • Muramasa
  • MadWorld
  • No More Heroes

oh, and I better not forget the test game. Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles.

But we better not list Zelda, Metroid, or Mario as core games, because the fact they are made by Nintendo automatically nulls out that people bought them because they want core games. Monster Hunter 3 doesn't count because it is the best selling console version, but not as popular as the portable version. DQIX won't count for another stupid reason too, but we'll have to wait to find out what that is.

Also, maybe the userbase is big enough, that some people want Just Dance 2, while others want a on time and equal quality (with exception of graphics) version of Call of Duty. Just dance sold 1.5m so far. So ~2% of the userbase. That 2% does not represent what 100% of Wii owners want. Call of Duty: Gimped at War sold 1.5m, which also represents 2% of the userbase. So why did Activision decide to delay Modern Warfare Reflex and not release Modern Warfare 2?

I'm still waiting for someone to list the Assassin's Creeds, GTAs, Final Fantasy games that have flopped on the Wii. But hey, if you want to know where the Bionic Commando's are for the Wii, well, that flopped on the HD systems too.

Just dance is going to sell close to 4 million when it's done selling.

I agree with you that the big games like GTA, FF, COD are not on the Wii, but there is no need to, this is a business, why should I spend 10 million to make a port Assassin's Creed when I can spend less than half, make a party game and sell more. Just dance will make more for Ubisoft from the Wii  than any of these games you mentioned.

That's the Wii, that's the image Nintendo has created for it. No matter what, it will be seen and supported as the party game platform plus Nintendo games.

Why can't they do both...its a obviously a market for both on the system. Wouldn't they make more money that way?

The Wii isn't the hardest to develop for, and you can make an AAA worthy game with alot less money, and get the sells the quality of that game deserved, can you not?

I mean if Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Smash bro., Monster Hunter, and  can sell on par, and in most cases more than most  HD thirdparty hardcore/core games, why won't they try that formula?

They rather try the Wiifit, Wiiplay, Wiisports approach though...with advertising of course.

Wiifit and Wiiplay are bigger games, that's why. Besides Mario games, the casual sides of Nintendo games have destroyed the so called core games.

Except... Wii core games have been way outdoing their Gamecube compatriots.

The gamecube is what "destroyed nintendo core gaming".   It and the N64 anyway. 

The Wii is actually bringing core games back.

Carl2291 said:
nordlead said:
Carl2291 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
"If the userbase wants new, great core games from developers like Ubisoft, they wouldn't give the developers reason to spam games like this."

Wrong. It's buying the core games that let them know. More great core games have to be put on the Wii and people will buy them, not niche games presented as tests.

And the core games don't seem to sell enough, while games like Just Dance are selling millions.

Now, put a whole bunch of money/effort into creating a new core game on Wii with a risk of it bombing... Or quickly make Just Dance 2 with extra tracks, more moves, a few more features, and guarentee an easy profit.

I know which route i would take if i were a developer.

wait. let me guess, the core games are.

• The Conduit
  • Little King's Story
  • Muramasa
  • MadWorld
  • No More Heroes

oh, and I better not forget the test game. Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles.

But we better not list Zelda, Metroid, or Mario as core games, because the fact they are made by Nintendo automatically nulls out that people bought them because they want core games. Monster Hunter 3 doesn't count because it is the best selling console version, but not as popular as the portable version. DQIX won't count for another stupid reason too, but we'll have to wait to find out what that is.

Also, maybe the userbase is big enough, that some people want Just Dance 2, while others want a on time and equal quality (with exception of graphics) version of Call of Duty. Just dance sold 1.5m so far. So ~2% of the userbase. That 2% does not represent what 100% of Wii owners want. Call of Duty: Gimped at War sold 1.5m, which also represents 2% of the userbase. So why did Activision decide to delay Modern Warfare Reflex and not release Modern Warfare 2?

I'm still waiting for someone to list the Assassin's Creeds, GTAs, Final Fantasy games that have flopped on the Wii. But hey, if you want to know where the Bionic Commando's are for the Wii, well, that flopped on the HD systems too.

Aren't we talking 3rd party? And MH is one 3rd party exclusive...

Maybe it is big enough, but after 3 years it still hasn't been proven. But i think this sums it up with Wii...

"Now, put a whole bunch of money/effort into creating a new core game on Wii with a risk of it bombing... Or quickly make Just Dance 2 with extra tracks, more moves, a few more features, and guarentee an easy profit."

Blame Nintendo for giving the Wii the image it has.

Monster Hunter is the ONLY 3rd party exclusive that is actually worth mentioning. However, like I said, name one game that would be like a GTA or Assassin's Creed that flopped and you can't (note, this doesn't mean actually AC or GTA, but games with the same production values). There have been 0 blockbuster attempts on Wii that have failed. Maybe this is because no one has tried, but if so, then you can't use it as an argument that they do.

Also, Just Dance 2 isn't an easy profit. Look at Shaun White Snowboarding. It was a HUGE success on Wii compared to PS360. So what did they do? More of the exact same thing and guess what happened, the Wii audience dismissed it because there wasn't enough change. Look at the Guitar Hero/Rock Band scene. The games were doing great (also doing great on Wii) and they kept on putting out more of the same, and now the most recent versions are flopping (in comparison and probably in general). If you look at the party sports games, they are selling worse and worse every single time. There is no guarantee that Just Dance 2 will succeed, and Nintendo has never once shown that repeat games will sell on the Wii. In fact, they've shown that ports from the previous generation flop horribly with the New Play Control series.

I'll bring up LAIR. The game was supposed to be EPIC, it was AAA, it had a big budget, it would save the PS3, and it didn't sell. In fact, it essentially put the dev right out of business. Now why put a bunch of money/effort into creating a new core game on PS3 with a risk of it bombing? You ask this question as if core games are a guaranteed sell on the HD systems but they aren't. The only reason we see more "core" games selling well on the PS360 is because they are actually put there. When it comes to multiplatform titles, they get put on PS3, X360, PSP yet the PSP version usually sells horribly (assassin's creed anyone, or the soon to be Dante's Inferno). There is no reason they need to shun the Wii because it "isn't powerful enough". Heck, Street Fighter IV is on iPhone and hopefully PSP, but still no mention of Wii even though it would work perfectly fine and Tatsunoko is selling well.

The Wii never had a chance to break any imaginary image that the industry put on the thing, because no one ever gave it a chance. Nintendo isn't kiddy, they are family and they make quite a wide range of titles from E-T (and publish a few M titles). They wouldn't stop a single GTA, AC, or FF from being put on the system, heck, they have the most violent murder simulator ever on the Wii. Because 3rd parties have refused to put the main titles on the system (or ever try once) there is a false notion that Wii owners don't want good games. Heck, Resident Evil 4 is about to pass the GC version, and all Capcom provides is a light gun test game (I like light gun games, but they don't make for a good test for other types of games) to see if the market wants more 3rd person horror games.

I don't have time to type more, but in summation, you can't say that Wii can't sell big 3rd party core games, when there are none, and you can't say that 3rd party core games are a safer bet on PS360. You also can't say that it is guarantee that kiddy party games will sell, as I can point out hundreds of those that have flopped too.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

axumblade said:
The saddest part is that my bf's sister bought a Wii just for this game. lol.

Thats not sad...

I can name a million things sadder in this world. She just bought a game she wanted to play...you know...to have fun.

@Norlead, why use Liar, that's just a bad game good gamers avoided unlike....

I would use Bayonetta instead, terrific game according to many, sold ok on the HD consoles.

As for not taking chances on the Wii, that's also on Nintendo, they really don't try to get these guys anyway. Sony and MS needs them, so they make sure they get these games, and actually put out a console powerful enough in 2010.
I do feel weird that for a first place console, the 360 is the console treated like the market leader, but Nintendo doesn't care nor do their fans, that's why I question why you guys keep buying their crappy games. Their party games are funding our big games, and I see something wrong with that.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)