By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Just Dance, metascore 47

Barozi said:
well consumers can buy whatever they like.
But big sales doesn't automatically equal quality.

Personally it's another game, where I hold my head in shame and ask myself what happened to gaming...
sad sad sad

I'd be willing to argue that sales are the ONLY measure of quality.  It's a commitment of time and money when you purchase a game, and while hobbyists have no problems buying 5-6 games at once that they'll never finish, most people are not so willing to piss their money away. That doesn't just include people with families but also college students and other people around the same age who see gaming as just something else to do as opposed to their whole life.

Why did Mario Kart Wii sell more than Modern Warfare? The answer is simple: not enough people thought Modern Warfare was worth the effort to drive to a store and throw down 3-8 hours worth of pay for the experience.

I've been holding my head in shame wondering what's happened to gaming since around 2002. What took you so long? It's been going to shit since it was taken over by emotionally retarded virgins cranking out the same shit over and over again to the same group of 15 year old walking wallets willing and eager to gobble up the same shit sandwich with slightly different bread.

I'm glad gaming is moving away from being blockbuster driven, because it would be nice if gaming got its balls back.

Around the Network
cAPSLOCK said:
Barozi said:

Personally it's another game, where I hold my head in shame and ask myself what happened to gaming...
sad sad sad

I'd be willing to argue that sales are the ONLY measure of quality.  It's a commitment of time and money when you purchase a game, and while hobbyists have no problems buying 5-6 games at once that they'll never finish, most people are not so willing to piss their money away. That doesn't just include people with families but also college students and other people around the same age who see gaming as just something else to do as opposed to their whole life.

Why did Mario Kart Wii sell more than Modern Warfare? The answer is simple: not enough people thought Modern Warfare was worth the effort to drive to a store and throw down 3-8 hours worth of pay for the experience.

I've been holding my head in shame wondering what's happened to gaming since around 2002. What took you so long? It's been going to shit since it was taken over by emotionally retarded virgins cranking out the same shit over and over again to the same group of 15 year old walking wallets willing and eager to gobble up the same shit sandwich with slightly different bread.

I'm glad gaming is moving away from being blockbuster driven, because it would be nice if gaming got its balls back.

They cant seem to grasp this...

All the soccer moms on amazon love it though...

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*

Also, NSMBWii has been called "casual" by some. So, Nintendo just lost another "core" game to the "casual".

Demotruk said:
Critical success != game quality and certainly != commercial success.

Yet there will be so many people come in and post saying this means Wii owners are stupid and don't know what a good game is. Personally I think it means the critics are stupid if they couldn't identify a game that would be well enjoyed. It's not their job to review games for themselves, after all, and if they think it's smart to review games for only a declining segment of the market, well then don't be surprised as their sites continue to decline.

This game is utter garbage and no matter how many mathematical operators you try to use you don't change the fact that this game is utter garbage. It's like a developer is throwing up on everyones console and they are all over it. 

Around the Network

"why should I spend 10 million to make a port Assassin's Creed when I can spend less than half, make a party game and sell more"

What proof will it sell less? You kind of need AC games on the Wii to prove they will sell less. Not other games you lump in there.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

cAPSLOCK said:
Barozi said:

sad sad sad

What the hell are you talking about, seriously. When was gaming not about blockbusters? It just that the genre we used to see as big games have lost creativity and passed by better ones. Games are better now and more diverse as much as we complain about it. 

Sales has never equaled to quality in any medium of life, just demand and the market. More people have seen Family Guy than the Wire, but in terms of quality it's not even close.

COD4 came out in 2007 and is still in the top most played games in both the PS3 and 360. Where are you getting this 3-8 hours stuff.

You walk around in shame, that's your problem. Look at the games coming in 2010 from all consoles, this might be the greatest year in gaming ever, think about this for one second:

November 2010

Halo Reach = 360

Zelda = Wii

GT5 = PS3

Gaming is alive and doing well.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
--OkeyDokey-- said:
It should be worst game ever to sell 5 million copies when all is said and done. I'm glad a third party publisher has finally figured out the recipe for success on Wii.

=S

mM

"When was gaming not about blockbusters?"

The 2D years, when it was about making money, but they didn't have to be blockbusters.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Oh you mean when people played games to have fun not worry about if they thought it was casual or hardcore. Which is made up crap in the first place. I fit the play games I like and have fun with them no matter the type. But I do not think their is a label for me. Now I am sad.