By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Just Dance, metascore 47

nordlead said:
Carl2291 said:
nordlead said:
Carl2291 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
"If the userbase wants new, great core games from developers like Ubisoft, they wouldn't give the developers reason to spam games like this."

Wrong. It's buying the core games that let them know. More great core games have to be put on the Wii and people will buy them, not niche games presented as tests.

And the core games don't seem to sell enough, while games like Just Dance are selling millions.

Now, put a whole bunch of money/effort into creating a new core game on Wii with a risk of it bombing... Or quickly make Just Dance 2 with extra tracks, more moves, a few more features, and guarentee an easy profit.

I know which route i would take if i were a developer.

wait. let me guess, the core games are.

• The Conduit
  • Little King's Story
  • Muramasa
  • MadWorld
  • No More Heroes

oh, and I better not forget the test game. Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles.

But we better not list Zelda, Metroid, or Mario as core games, because the fact they are made by Nintendo automatically nulls out that people bought them because they want core games. Monster Hunter 3 doesn't count because it is the best selling console version, but not as popular as the portable version. DQIX won't count for another stupid reason too, but we'll have to wait to find out what that is.

Also, maybe the userbase is big enough, that some people want Just Dance 2, while others want a on time and equal quality (with exception of graphics) version of Call of Duty. Just dance sold 1.5m so far. So ~2% of the userbase. That 2% does not represent what 100% of Wii owners want. Call of Duty: Gimped at War sold 1.5m, which also represents 2% of the userbase. So why did Activision decide to delay Modern Warfare Reflex and not release Modern Warfare 2?

I'm still waiting for someone to list the Assassin's Creeds, GTAs, Final Fantasy games that have flopped on the Wii. But hey, if you want to know where the Bionic Commando's are for the Wii, well, that flopped on the HD systems too.

Aren't we talking 3rd party? And MH is one 3rd party exclusive...

Maybe it is big enough, but after 3 years it still hasn't been proven. But i think this sums it up with Wii...

"Now, put a whole bunch of money/effort into creating a new core game on Wii with a risk of it bombing... Or quickly make Just Dance 2 with extra tracks, more moves, a few more features, and guarentee an easy profit."

Blame Nintendo for giving the Wii the image it has.

Monster Hunter is the ONLY 3rd party exclusive that is actually worth mentioning. However, like I said, name one game that would be like a GTA or Assassin's Creed that flopped and you can't (note, this doesn't mean actually AC or GTA, but games with the same production values). There have been 0 blockbuster attempts on Wii that have failed. Maybe this is because no one has tried, but if so, then you can't use it as an argument that they do.

Also, Just Dance 2 isn't an easy profit. Look at Shaun White Snowboarding. It was a HUGE success on Wii compared to PS360. So what did they do? More of the exact same thing and guess what happened, the Wii audience dismissed it because there wasn't enough change. Look at the Guitar Hero/Rock Band scene. The games were doing great (also doing great on Wii) and they kept on putting out more of the same, and now the most recent versions are flopping (in comparison and probably in general). If you look at the party sports games, they are selling worse and worse every single time. There is no guarantee that Just Dance 2 will succeed, and Nintendo has never once shown that repeat games will sell on the Wii. In fact, they've shown that ports from the previous generation flop horribly with the New Play Control series.

I'll bring up LAIR. The game was supposed to be EPIC, it was AAA, it had a big budget, it would save the PS3, and it didn't sell. In fact, it essentially put the dev right out of business. Now why put a bunch of money/effort into creating a new core game on PS3 with a risk of it bombing? You ask this question as if core games are a guaranteed sell on the HD systems but they aren't. The only reason we see more "core" games selling well on the PS360 is because they are actually put there. When it comes to multiplatform titles, they get put on PS3, X360, PSP yet the PSP version usually sells horribly (assassin's creed anyone, or the soon to be Dante's Inferno). There is no reason they need to shun the Wii because it "isn't powerful enough". Heck, Street Fighter IV is on iPhone and hopefully PSP, but still no mention of Wii even though it would work perfectly fine and Tatsunoko is selling well.

The Wii never had a chance to break any imaginary image that the industry put on the thing, because no one ever gave it a chance. Nintendo isn't kiddy, they are family and they make quite a wide range of titles from E-T (and publish a few M titles). They wouldn't stop a single GTA, AC, or FF from being put on the system, heck, they have the most violent murder simulator ever on the Wii. Because 3rd parties have refused to put the main titles on the system (or ever try once) there is a false notion that Wii owners don't want good games. Heck, Resident Evil 4 is about to pass the GC version, and all Capcom provides is a light gun test game (I like light gun games, but they don't make for a good test for other types of games) to see if the market wants more 3rd person horror games.

I don't have time to type more, but in summation, you can't say that Wii can't sell big 3rd party core games, when there are none, and you can't say that 3rd party core games are a safer bet on PS360. You also can't say that it is guarantee that kiddy party games will sell, as I can point out hundreds of those that have flopped too.

That is one long post...

Just Dance is selling well, and has great user reviews. I would say it's a game selling on word of mouth/parties, like a lot of other Wii games. It also has the attention of teenage girls, and mums. Which Shaun White didn't have. As we already know from a number of other games and sources, the female market on Wii is huge. Just Dance 2... Will sell. I guarentee it. I'm willing to bet on it selling 1m within a matter of weeks.

LAIR failed, badly. But not due to the game itself being bad, due to the controls for the game being terrible. With better controls it would have gained better reviews and then also would have sold well, i think. Hey, it could even be at about 600k NOW if we had Others sales for it. Sure, not the best sales... But after the reviews it gained it didn't do TOO bad. But i do see what you mean with the costs arguement. I think it's also why we see few 3rd party exclusives now on HD systems, compared to what we saw a few years back. It's a reason why games like FF13 went multi.

You also have to take into account that everyone thought the PS3 would walk away with the generation, and the fact that MS got a whole bunch of devs on the 360... This meant that the game engines for the big games, were based on the HD consoles. Why start developing for Nintendo's next console, when they were selling less and less every generation? You would start with the big boy, the PlayStation. If you have something similar, you would also use that (the 360).

When you look at the big picture, from the start of the gen you see the devs already having the big game engines on the HD consoles, along with the big franchises already being developed for the HD consoles. Why would you then later take your franchises away from the HD consoles, a proven market now for big core games, and put them on the Wii, which is still an unproven market that will buy pretty much anything you throw at it.

As for the Red - The industry didn't put an imaginary image on the Wii, Nintendo gave the Wii its image with how they advertised the console and it's games. When your ad's are like this, this, this and this... You can't say the rest of the industry gave it the image it has.

But, i ask you. What do you think is the actual reason for the Wii not getting the big games like Assassin's Creed, GTA... Etc? I'm sure you know why i think it happens.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
nordlead said:
Carl2291 said:
nordlead said:
Carl2291 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
"If the userbase wants new, great core games from developers like Ubisoft, they wouldn't give the developers reason to spam games like this."

Wrong. It's buying the core games that let them know. More great core games have to be put on the Wii and people will buy them, not niche games presented as tests.

And the core games don't seem to sell enough, while games like Just Dance are selling millions.

Now, put a whole bunch of money/effort into creating a new core game on Wii with a risk of it bombing... Or quickly make Just Dance 2 with extra tracks, more moves, a few more features, and guarentee an easy profit.

• The Conduit
  • Little King's Story
  • Muramasa
  • MadWorld
  • No More Heroes

But we better not list Zelda, Metroid, or Mario as core games, because the fact they are made by Nintendo automatically nulls out that people bought them because they want core games. Monster Hunter 3 doesn't count because it is the best selling console version, but not as popular as the portable version. DQIX won't count for another stupid reason too, but we'll have to wait to find out what that is.

Also, maybe the userbase is big enough, that some people want Just Dance 2, while others want a on time and equal quality (with exception of graphics) version of Call of Duty. Just dance sold 1.5m so far. So ~2% of the userbase. That 2% does not represent what 100% of Wii owners want. Call of Duty: Gimped at War sold 1.5m, which also represents 2% of the userbase. So why did Activision decide to delay Modern Warfare Reflex and not release Modern Warfare 2?

I'm still waiting for someone to list the Assassin's Creeds, GTAs, Final Fantasy games that have flopped on the Wii. But hey, if you want to know where the Bionic Commando's are for the Wii, well, that flopped on the HD systems too.

Maybe it is big enough, but after 3 years it still hasn't been proven. But i think this sums it up with Wii...

"Now, put a whole bunch of money/effort into creating a new core game on Wii with a risk of it bombing... Or quickly make Just Dance 2 with extra tracks, more moves, a few more features, and guarentee an easy profit."

Monster Hunter is the ONLY 3rd party exclusive that is actually worth mentioning. However, like I said, name one game that would be like a GTA or Assassin's Creed that flopped and you can't (note, this doesn't mean actually AC or GTA, but games with the same production values). There have been 0 blockbuster attempts on Wii that have failed. Maybe this is because no one has tried, but if so, then you can't use it as an argument that they do.

Also, Just Dance 2 isn't an easy profit. Look at Shaun White Snowboarding. It was a HUGE success on Wii compared to PS360. So what did they do? More of the exact same thing and guess what happened, the Wii audience dismissed it because there wasn't enough change. Look at the Guitar Hero/Rock Band scene. The games were doing great (also doing great on Wii) and they kept on putting out more of the same, and now the most recent versions are flopping (in comparison and probably in general). If you look at the party sports games, they are selling worse and worse every single time. There is no guarantee that Just Dance 2 will succeed, and Nintendo has never once shown that repeat games will sell on the Wii. In fact, they've shown that ports from the previous generation flop horribly with the New Play Control series.

I'll bring up LAIR. The game was supposed to be EPIC, it was AAA, it had a big budget, it would save the PS3, and it didn't sell. In fact, it essentially put the dev right out of business. Now why put a bunch of money/effort into creating a new core game on PS3 with a risk of it bombing? You ask this question as if core games are a guaranteed sell on the HD systems but they aren't. The only reason we see more "core" games selling well on the PS360 is because they are actually put there. When it comes to multiplatform titles, they get put on PS3, X360, PSP yet the PSP version usually sells horribly (assassin's creed anyone, or the soon to be Dante's Inferno). There is no reason they need to shun the Wii because it "isn't powerful enough". Heck, Street Fighter IV is on iPhone and hopefully PSP, but still no mention of Wii even though it would work perfectly fine and Tatsunoko is selling well.

The Wii never had a chance to break any imaginary image that the industry put on the thing, because no one ever gave it a chance. Nintendo isn't kiddy, they are family and they make quite a wide range of titles from E-T (and publish a few M titles). They wouldn't stop a single GTA, AC, or FF from being put on the system, heck, they have the most violent murder simulator ever on the Wii. Because 3rd parties have refused to put the main titles on the system (or ever try once) there is a false notion that Wii owners don't want good games. Heck, Resident Evil 4 is about to pass the GC version, and all Capcom provides is a light gun test game (I like light gun games, but they don't make for a good test for other types of games) to see if the market wants more 3rd person horror games.

I don't have time to type more, but in summation, you can't say that Wii can't sell big 3rd party core games, when there are none, and you can't say that 3rd party core games are a safer bet on PS360. You also can't say that it is guarantee that kiddy party games will sell, as I can point out hundreds of those that have flopped too.

That is one long post...

Just Dance is selling well, and has great user reviews. I would say it's a game selling on word of mouth/parties, like a lot of other Wii games. It also has the attention of teenage girls, and mums. Which Shaun White didn't have. As we already know from a number of other games and sources, the female market on Wii is huge. Just Dance 2... Will sell. I guarentee it. I'm willing to bet on it selling 1m within a matter of weeks.

LAIR failed, badly. But not due to the game itself being bad, due to the controls for the game being terrible. With better controls it would have gained better reviews and then also would have sold well, i think. Hey, it could even be at about 600k NOW if we had Others sales for it. Sure, not the best sales... But after the reviews it gained it didn't do TOO bad. But i do see what you mean with the costs arguement. I think it's also why we see few 3rd party exclusives now on HD systems, compared to what we saw a few years back. It's a reason why games like FF13 went multi.

You also have to take into account that everyone thought the PS3 would walk away with the generation, and the fact that MS got a whole bunch of devs on the 360... This meant that the game engines for the big games, were based on the HD consoles. Why start developing for Nintendo's next console, when they were selling less and less every generation? You would start with the big boy, the PlayStation. If you have something similar, you would also use that (the 360).

When you look at the big picture, from the start of the gen you see the devs already having the big game engines on the HD consoles, along with the big franchises already being developed for the HD consoles. Why would you then later take your franchises away from the HD consoles, a proven market now for big core games, and put them on the Wii, which is still an unproven market that will buy pretty much anything you throw at it.

As for the Red - The industry didn't put an imaginary image on the Wii, Nintendo gave the Wii its image with how they advertised the console and it's games. When your ad's are like this, this, this and this... You can't say the rest of the industry gave it the image it has.

But, i ask you. What do you think is the actual reason for the Wii not getting the big games like Assassin's Creed, GTA... Etc? I'm sure you know why i think it happens.

@Big letters?

I never get into these arguements though what you pointed out is increbdly flawed. Just because the system is advertised that way.
Means that they have to follow suit. Let me tell you somthing. It doesn't work that way   I can point out that little bi planet shouldn't
be on ps3 because its a kids looking game. Yet how much did it sold? If systems followed on how systems were advertiesed. The DS GTA
would've bombed and we would have nouthing but 2-D side scrollers and school games. Yet we don't? That's all I'm pointing out. I'm not going
to argue on why the whole arguement

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

killeryoshis said:
Carl2291 said:

@Big letters?

I never get into these arguements though what you pointed out is increbdly flawed. Just because the system is advertised that way.
Means that they have to follow suit. Let me tell you somthing. It doesn't work that way   I can point out that little bi planet shouldn't
be on ps3 because its a kids looking game. Yet how much did it sold? If systems followed on how systems were advertiesed. The DS GTA
would've bombed and we would have nouthing but 2-D side scrollers and school games. Yet we don't? That's all I'm pointing out. I'm not going

Did you read what i replied to?

"The Wii never had a chance to break any imaginary image that the industry put on the thing". I was simply saying that it isn't the industries fault the Wii is seen as it is, it's Nintendo's fault. I wasn't disputing the rest of the paragraph, i'm pretty sure Nintendo would love a full GTA game on Wii, for example.

Carl2291 said:
killeryoshis said:
Carl2291 said:

@Big letters?

"The Wii never had a chance to break any imaginary image that the industry put on the thing". I was simply saying that it isn't the industries fault the Wii is seen as it is, it's Nintendo's fault. I wasn't disputing the rest of the paragraph, i'm pretty sure Nintendo would love a full GTA game on Wii, for example.

You act like I care

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Carl2291 said:
nordlead said:
Carl2291 said:
nordlead said:
Carl2291 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

• The Conduit
  • Little King's Story
  • Muramasa
  • MadWorld
  • No More Heroes

That is one long post...

I agree with Carl

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Around the Network
psrock said:
@Norlead, why use Liar, that's just a bad game good gamers avoided unlike....

I would use Bayonetta instead, terrific game according to many, sold ok on the HD consoles.

As for not taking chances on the Wii, that's also on Nintendo, they really don't try to get these guys anyway. Sony and MS needs them, so they make sure they get these games, and actually put out a console powerful enough in 2010.
I do feel weird that for a first place console, the 360 is the console treated like the market leader, but Nintendo doesn't care nor do their fans, that's why I question why you guys keep buying their crappy games. Their party games are funding our big games, and I see something wrong with that.

Nintendo fans don't buy 3rd party "crappy" games...we tend to buy Nintendo Quality games...just like you buy HD quality titles.

Its reallly not that hard to grasp...

Just like the PS2 before it you have a rather large section who like the party games, and will buy it, and you have the ones who will buy the more core titles. Thats why the wii sells so well...it has something for everybody.

We have big titles also...Mario Galaxy 2 , Metroid OM, and Zelda Wii are comming...those are games from some of the most highly rated series of games for any platform (if you follow reviews) .

We have the best of both worlds...=)

killeryoshis said:
Carl2291 said:
killeryoshis said:
Carl2291 said:

@Big letters?

You act like I care

You obviously do care as you replied the first time. Stop being annoying. Away with you. Bye.

chichi-101 said:
psrock said:
@Norlead, why use Liar, that's just a bad game good gamers avoided unlike....

I would use Bayonetta instead, terrific game according to many, sold ok on the HD consoles.

As for not taking chances on the Wii, that's also on Nintendo, they really don't try to get these guys anyway. Sony and MS needs them, so they make sure they get these games, and actually put out a console powerful enough in 2010.
I do feel weird that for a first place console, the 360 is the console treated like the market leader, but Nintendo doesn't care nor do their fans, that's why I question why you guys keep buying their crappy games. Their party games are funding our big games, and I see something wrong with that.

Nintendo fans don't buy 3rd party "crappy" games...we tend to buy Nintendo Quality games...just like you buy HD quality titles.

Its reallly not that hard to grasp...

Just like the PS2 before it you have a rather large section who like the party games, and will buy it, and you have the ones who will buy the more core titles. Thats why the wii sells so well...it has something for everybody.

We have big titles also...Mario Galaxy 2 , Metroid OM, and Zelda Wii are comming...those are games from some of the most highly rated series of games for any platform (if you follow reviews) .

We have the best of both worlds...=)

I agree, you guys have the best of both world and it should stay as it is. Hopefully the HD consoles will get that kind of support.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
axumblade said:
chichi-101 said:
axumblade said:
The saddest part is that my bf's sister bought a Wii just for this game. lol.

Thats not sad...

I can name a million things sadder in this world. She just bought a game she wanted to play...you know...to have fun.

...Well that's a bit of an over reaction to a statement that I made in jest. If she likes a game then she likes the game. I bought my PS3 initially almost exclusively for Ratchet & Clank. I'm sure some people would get a kick out of that too.

lol...true, I was over reacting a bit, but thats how I feel alot of other people are acting regarding this game. Its not that serious imo. Don't we all play games to ultimately have fun?

axumblade said:
chichi-101 said:
axumblade said:
chichi-101 said:
axumblade said:
The saddest part is that my bf's sister bought a Wii just for this game. lol.

Thats not sad...

I can name a million things sadder in this world. She just bought a game she wanted to play...you know...to have fun.

...Well that's a bit of an over reaction to a statement that I made in jest. If she likes a game then she likes the game. I bought my PS3 initially almost exclusively for Ratchet & Clank. I'm sure some people would get a kick out of that too.

lol...true, I was over reacting a bit, but thats how I feel alot of other people are acting regarding this game. Its not that serious imo. Don't we all play games to ultimately have fun?

Actually, I agree but at the same time, there are a lot of people who game for stress relief without physically harminy anybody (Modern Warfare 2), a good story (Legend of Zelda), social interaction (WoW) or to feel like they've accomplished something in the end (Demon's Souls). Although I do agree that a lot of us game for fun, but it's not nearly as much (at least reviewerwise) as one would hope.

This I cant refute, I agree with this analysis...

Thats a different way of looking at it also, interesting.