By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Just Dance, metascore 47

This game is a prime example of the growing disconnect most mainstream gaming journalists have with the tastes of the gaming population. Sure this game may suck to their target readers, which are 16-25 year old guys, but what they don't seem to understand is that this is not the only audience that likes to play games, and they do not represent the only gaming tastes out there.

There really needs to be some reviewers out there that better repressent the new expanded audience. Because clearly this game is fun to SOME people, selling as much as it is. I'd say right now, amazon is the best (and really the only) good choice to look for true mainstream opinion on games like these, as mainstream reviewers will only critique them based on their narrow 25 year old male vision of what a game should be.

Around the Network

"There really needs to be some reviewers out there that better repressent the new expanded audience."

The Wiiviewr on Youtube is a good one.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Megan Fox is a 10/10 to most guys.

Your mum however is 3/10 but to you she's 10/10...if you wanna nominate yr mum to be put on the cover of FHM/Maxim/Sports Illustrated, the editors of those magazines won't allow it even though she's a 10/10 to you.

Putting yr mum on the cover of FHM/Maxim/Sports Illustrated would ruin their reputation.

The same goes for the reviewers of Just Dance. If the reviewers gave Just Dance a score of 10/10 their reputation will be ruined.

But gaming isn't just restricted to the FHM crowd, and they like you are pretending it is.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

LordTheNightKnight said:
"What is wrong with a memory card? I know some people don't have memory cards, but they are very inexpensive.

Buy one and put all of your saved stuff on it. You know, like when you take your Miis to your friend's house."

The Wii doesn't work that way.

Oh, no crap.  Thanks for correcting me.  I never tried, that's just how gaming is, or so I thought.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Around the Network
FreeTalkLive said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
"What is wrong with a memory card? I know some people don't have memory cards, but they are very inexpensive.

Buy one and put all of your saved stuff on it. You know, like when you take your Miis to your friend's house."

The Wii doesn't work that way.

Oh, no crap.  Thanks for correcting me.  I never tried, that's just how gaming is, or so I thought.

Trust us, if that was an option, we would use it.

PakChiuCheng said:

Your mum however is 3/10 but to you she's 10/10...if you wanna nominate yr mum to be put on the cover of FHM/Maxim/Sports Illustrated, the editors of those magazines won't allow it even though she's a 10/10 to you.

Putting yr mum on the cover of FHM/Maxim/Sports Illustrated would ruin their reputation.

The same goes for the reviewers of Just Dance. If the reviewers gave Just Dance a score of 10/10 their reputation will be ruined.

Not a good comparison. A better way was to say they are evaluating sport cars with truck parameters. No wonder they don't like the trunk space.

Monteblanco said:
PakChiuCheng said:

Not a good comparison. A better way was to say they are evaluating sport cars with truck parameters. No wonder they don't like the trunk space.

Yeah, that is pretty much the problem. As pointed out elsewhere, they don't get gamers who don't play sports to review the sports games, but when it comes to Wii games, they get Wii haters and those who don't like party games.

My wife got this game in a marketing campaign. We tried it out the other day and it is a fun casual party game. My wife, my two year old girl and I played together. I enjoyed playing it as a group and suggest it to all casual players (ove DDR).

nintendo has opened pandoras box, soon the term gamer won't even exist anymore....we are a dying breed my friends we got what maybe one more generation left? review sites need to hire some 30 year old moms to reconnect with the user base. mid twenties hardcore gamers will not be the industry target demographic for much longer.

"even a dead god still dreams"