By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Two notes

First of all, Gamestops vary widely -- even within regions.
But there are, as Zucas notes, some good places and some other good places.

Second, the receipt should have both the name of the person who rang up the sale as well as a website survey.
If that was the sales person who gave you a hassle, use the survey to point out that fact.
It is possible that you are not the first person they have treated improperly, but you could be the last.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Around the Network

I've never had any trouble with gamestop.

went into gamestation a couple of months ago, got laughed for asking about metroid prime trilogy. i believe the exact quote was

'you wanna buy METROID!?? on the WII!!?! whats wrong with you?

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

@ koopatrooper. They do the same here in montreal at EB games Fairview. Just go to best buy

Proud owner of a Wii, a Xbox360 and a PS3 (...two PS3's...)

My main brawl characters

Now playing:

wii:Super smash bros. brawl, The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess
ps3: Guitar hero 3,4,5. Rock Band 1,2. Resistance 2
Xbox360:Nhl2k9, Mass Effect, MW2, Halo 3.

I refuse to buy or support Gamestop in any form or fashion. Hopefully they'll go bankrupt. Bunch of tools they have always been....

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

Around the Network
Raze said:

I refuse to buy or support Gamestop in any form or fashion. Hopefully they'll go bankrupt. Bunch of tools they have always been....

Maybe it's just the store you go to. I'm telling you I've never had any problems with them. That's where I go when I pre-order games.

Last week I handed in Resident Evil: DarkSide Chronicles and Dead Space Extraction so that I could get credit for Soul Silver. Right after I turned the two Wii games in, the guy asked me if I wanted to preorder games like Final Fantasy XIII, God of War 3, or Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition.

I suppose that the latter game makes sense (Hey, I just turned in a RE game) but maybe it would make sense to the guy that I might want to preorder a Wii game, seeing as all I turned in was Wii games. No biggie though, I said no (as I always do) and went on to say that I want to put credit down for Pokemon.

He replied with "So... you want both." (Seriously, he never stated it as a question. )

Really?

Really?!

"No... just Soul Silver..." I said as I swiped the GameCard (Is it odd for people to want just one version of Pokemon now-a-days? I don't know!).

And then a couple of weeks before that a guy told me that no Wii games have replay value.

I really never go to GameStop to purchase games anymore... I only go if I can use game-return credit to buy another game (and they never shrink wrap their games... big pet peeve right there).

I have three local Gamestops.

I tend to go to the one where I have known the manager for more than a decade. I also make pre-orders there.

I go to the others when there is something that I want that is not available elsewhere -- or when I am shopping nearby.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

I had never had a problem with their shops in my area yet; they're really nice and polite. I hardly buy new games since they give it to you factory sealed anymore unless they're fresh fresh copies or if you prerorder. I've been buying used for a while (ps2).

Dude we get bored, sometimes messin with customers is pretty fun. Depending if you are a regular or not I'll even return new games and what not, 7 days... 15 days, whatever. I don't know anything about games either, I would guess the Zelda game on the PSP or something. Sorry we don't play every game posssible. ;]