By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
makingmusic476 said:
Akvod said:

Woah, that looks like my manager.

Now the duck looks like you!

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network
MaxwellGT2000 said:
makingmusic476 said:
Akvod said:

Woah, that looks like my manager.

Now the duck looks like you!

I totally agree with this guy I mean look at this picture!

It's uncanny!

I would say half the time I go to gamestop I get odd service like that where if I buy something they look at me odd, mostly since I only go there to buy the non-big retail games the smaller Wii games that no on has heard of. But yeah they have always been and always are biased and not that intelligent of people. Most of the time though I hear them talking bad things about one system or game or another which in a commercial professional manner is inappropiate while working but hey that's how gamestop is run. But once in a while you get a good person.

"Like you know"

When I bought Velvet Assassin, the guy at the counter said, "Hi and welcome to Gamestop and don't buy Velvet Assassin!" His tone of voice didn't even change.

I wish I had listened to him.

The EB Games stores in Melbourne are very 360 biased for some reason.

- When I came into buy my PS3 at launch with $800 and a heap of PS2 games, the clerk serving me recomened I buy two 360's instead for me and my brother. Told me the PS3 was a waste of money. (Which it may be, but that's for me to decide).

- Guy went in recently to buy Modern Warfare 2 (PS3) and was asking about the headsets. The manager then went on a rant about how PSN is rubbish. The guy looked shocked and awkward.

- I had just bought a 360 and the manager was so happy that I had 'seen the light'. The 360 got an E79 Error 5 days later. I took it back and he seemed annoyed that I was returning it.

- He keeps trying to convince me to trade in my Wii and last week he pretty much pressured me into preordering Splintercell Conviction, I didnt have to buy it but apparently he wanted people to preorder.

I don't like game store's as much anymore, but it's right around my work and so it's the most convenient place. I'm also an EDGE member so I get a discount.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Around the Network

I went there once in NYC.... I was horrified, it looked like a dump and the used bin was very expensive...

thank god for online stores, at least I have the illusion that amazon is a speck free shining white store (though on my work screen it has a little yellow that i can't get rid off).

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

There was once.. a member of the site who worked at gamestop.. and he kept telling us that he knew everything better.. and the PS3 was better then the Xbox360.. just because he worked at gamestop.. I have never been to a gamestop.. but that member alone made me dislike it..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

"I'm here to preorder Monster Hunter Tri."

"Oh, is that on the 360."

"No, it's coming out for the Wii..."

"Wow, I've never heard of that!"

In fact, this happens with just about every game I preorder at Gamestop. They seemingly know or only care about 360 games.

GETTIN' CHRONOCRUNK

NiKKoM said:
There was once.. a member of the site who worked at gamestop.. and he kept telling us that he knew everything better.. and the PS3 was better then the Xbox360.. just because he worked at gamestop.. I have never been to a gamestop.. but that member alone made me dislike it..

There was also a member who worked at gamestop and told us how he would try to get people to buy used copies of PS360, and convince them to buy a Wii and games.

i was in my local gamestop (germany) last week and wanted to buy the conduit so i see used for 20€ and new for 30€ so i pick the new one. i handed him the box he got the disc put it in the box and hands it over to me. before paying i take the disc out of the box and look at it it was totally scratched through the whole disc so i ask if this is really a new copy he sayed of course it is!!!! i layd the box on the counter placed the disc on the backside so that he can see the scratches walk out and called him a co** sucking a**whole

this is almost what the disc looked like

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!

bet with *no one yet* that the combined first week of Monster Hunter 3 in america and europe will be 600k or more! winner changes looser sig and avatar for two months!