By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
gansito said:

so lets think for a minute about your "point" that gamestop employees should also mention wii games are pre-order options.

Which game should they ask about? Which Wii games will give more pre-order numbers instead of FF XII, GoW III, or RE5:GE?

Fragile? its too nichy, will be lucky to earn a few pre-orders.

Red Steel II? only the hardcore know about the game. Ubisoft will only ship 500 k

Endless Ocean 2? Niche game

Sin & Punishmen 2? Release date unknown

Arc Rise Fantasia? Release date unknown

Mario Galaxy 2? Release date unknown

Metroid Other M? Release date unknown

Tales of Graces? Release date unknown

Haha, you're a treat.

I was trying to point that when a customer (me) turns in two Wii games, the employee would assume that that customer owned a Wii and would try to get that person to pre-order a game for a console that person owns. Like I said before, I understand the Gold Edition offer since I turned in DarkSide Chronicles, but the other two didn't make much sense to me.

Try not to be so condescending next time.

Around the Network
lolzmahballz said:

I'm twenty years old and still play poke'mon :P which is kinda embarrassing but the employees at my store don't seem to care half the time we even get into a nice little discussion about the games even.

There's no need to be embarrased about what you like. Who cares as long as you have fun.

Smeags said:
gansito said:

so lets think for a minute about your "point" that gamestop employees should also mention wii games are pre-order options.

Which game should they ask about? Which Wii games will give more pre-order numbers instead of FF XII, GoW III, or RE5:GE?

Fragile? its too nichy, will be lucky to earn a few pre-orders.

Red Steel II? only the hardcore know about the game. Ubisoft will only ship 500 k

Endless Ocean 2? Niche game

Sin & Punishmen 2? Release date unknown

Arc Rise Fantasia? Release date unknown

Mario Galaxy 2? Release date unknown

Metroid Other M? Release date unknown

Tales of Graces? Release date unknown

Haha, you're a treat.

I was trying to point that when a customer (me) turns in two Wii games, the employee would assume that that customer owned a Wii and would try to get that person to pre-order a game for a console that person owns. Like I said before, I understand the Gold Edition offer since I turned in DarkSide Chronicles, but the other two didn't make much sense to me.

Try not to be so condescending next time.

Yeah i "assumed" what wii games he should ask you to pre-order. No reason to complain if there aren't any, the guy was just doing his job.

gansito said:

Yeah i "assumed" what wii games he should ask you to pre-order. No reason to complain if there aren't any, the guy was just doing his job.

*Shrugs* Do what ya gotta do. It was just the introduction to my story. Notice the part where I wrote "No biggie though. I said no (as I always do)." It was never a big deal that they said this, just an interesting tidbit before I started talking about the Pokemon pre-order story. That's where I had the issue with.

We keep misunderstanding each other here on the Chartz, I don't know where the blame lies, but hopefully we can understand each other from here on out.

Smeags said:
gansito said:

*Shrugs* Do what ya gotta do. It was just the introduction to my story. Notice the part where I wrote "No biggie though. I said no (as I always do)." It was never a big deal that they said this, just an interesting tidbit before I started talking about the Pokemon pre-order story. That's where I had the issue with.

We keep misunderstanding each other here on the Chartz, I don't know where the blame lies, but hopefully we can understand each other from here on out.

Yeah i just found it interesting as well, hence why i gave my point of view.

Around the Network
Games4Fun said:

Ok, first off I useually only go to Gamestop for games I wish to preorder. The store manager at my local gamestop is useually really nice and even tells me about upcoming Wii games I woudl like and perhaps forgot about. ( I know that is thier job but many do not do it)

So I go in before work the other day because I wanted A Boy and his Blob for the Wii. It has not sold very well so if anywhere had it it would be them.  I see it on the shelf and grab it with excitement! Yay my game!!! The guy starts laughing at me and saying REALLY REALLY!!!! This made me a little mad because well I was in a bit of a hurry and I do not liked being mocked. (who does) Anyways, I said yes im serious why are you saying really to me like im dumb. He shrugs it off still laughing about it and says Oh, its the last one thank god I hope we dont get anymore in.

A few more little things happened including his co worker looking at me and mouthing sorry, but in the end I got my game and left a bit upset with the service he gave me. I find it funny that the normal employee had to say sorry for the manager. I am shocked he acted like that towards me as I do almost all my preorders there. I do have one preorder left to pick up  next month (Fragile Dreams), but other than that I think it might be time to find somewhere else.

Whats your story?

You should write and complain, making sure you make it sound even worse than it was with a few exaggerations.

I do it all the time with many stores and companies and 9/10 you get some voucher or goods for free off them.

Yes it may sound dishonest but when I think about it hard I remember something very important.....'I don't care'

:0P

I too have had bad experiences with Gamestop/EB Games/Funcoland. However, Gamestop did help me get my Wii a month after it released.

My gamestop is pretty cool to me. Some of these stories are pretty funny though!

WHAT IF?!!!!.................someone said "I would like to know if Super Mario Galaxy 2 is available to pre order" and the guy responds *What system is it on?* OMG that would be epic failure. XD

Me: Do you guys have Sonic Unleashed in stock?

Him: Yea man but if you are planning on buying it, it sucks, trust me dude.

Me: Figures............

Him: Sonic games haven't been good in years.

Me: Yea I suppose, but you never know, he may return to his glory days.

Him: That'll take a miracle.

Me: Eh, I'll try it anyway, I like to take chances with some games.

Him: I'll expect the copy to be on Ebay.

"The Common Cold Isn't So Common During The Cold"