By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
GerOhMyGosh said:
Dude we get bored, sometimes messin with customers is pretty fun. Depending if you are a regular or not I'll even return new games and what not, 7 days... 15 days, whatever. I don't know anything about games either, I would guess the Zelda game on the PSP or something. Sorry we don't play every game posssible. ;]

I agree with your last sentence. Most everybody should know what platform Zelda is on though. That's like guessing what platform mario is on.

Around the Network

BTW, other things go on before, during, and after you walk-in. They could be laughing about anything really. You don't really know if it fully pertained to you or if because of little boy and a huge guy walked in the other day to pick it up and you picking up that game reminded him of that. Some workers are too passionate about their opinion though, that's true. I spend a lot of time after the customers are gone telling my coworkers to STFU.

A few weeks ago I went to gamestop to pre order Endless Ocean:Blue World. Everyone who works there knows I have a wii and Ds, and could care less about the other consoles. There was a new guy, and he told me I should get a better game then a "pointless ocean life encyclopedia". I told him that was the game I wanted, and asked if he could just set up the preorder for me. He wouldn't let it go, after about 30 minutes of him trying to convince me I needed to upgrade from the Wii, I told him that he was blinded by fanboyism, and I wanted to speak with some one else.
I got a 20 dollar store credit for the inconvenience.

Warrior of Light #66

"I'm not illiterate, my parents were married!"

3DS FC: 2878 9589 2016

I'm surprised all of you have such negative stories....the employees at my local gamestop are all really nice-nice to the point of being creepy even sometimes haha.

I'm twenty years old and still play poke'mon :P which is kinda embarrassing but the employees at my store don't seem to care half the time we even get into a nice little discussion about the games even.

Is gamestop really this bad everywhere? I find it a little hard to believe...or is hating on gamestop just a popular topic on these forums?

I was going to go Gamestop once but then decided not to. Been happy ever since. The end.

Around the Network

Walk into any music store, buy a tape/CD, clerk rings me up, no comments, except for an occasional positive "hey that's a great album".

Walk into any movie store, buy a video/DVD, clerk rings me up, no comments, except for an occasional positive "hey that's a great movie".

Walk into almost any gamestop, buy a game, clerk rings me up, usually comments "why are you buying this [Wii/X360/DS] game?".

This industry is so immature that even the retailers are fanboys. Sigh.

i went to a random gamestop in a mall once just to browse and maybe find a good deal. the clerk there said hi,asked what kind of games i play, then kept following me and asking me why i only have a wii (i made the mistake of telling him). he then proceeded to try very very hard to get me to buy a PS3 specifically. when i said no for the tenth time very sternly, he got all offended and then mumbled and then began to complain about how MH3, madworld, and Tatsunoko vs. Capcom were on the wii. finally i got tired of it and left. he yelled something inaudible at me as i left.

that is the only time iv ever had trouble at a gamestop.

Wildvine53 said:
A few weeks ago I went to gamestop to pre order Endless Ocean:Blue World. Everyone who works there knows I have a wii and Ds, and could care less about the other consoles. There was a new guy, and he told me I should get a better game then a "pointless ocean life encyclopedia". I told him that was the game I wanted, and asked if he could just set up the preorder for me. He wouldn't let it go, after about 30 minutes of him trying to convince me I needed to upgrade from the Wii, I told him that he was blinded by fanboyism, and I wanted to speak with some one else.

hahhaa, sorry i just found this contradicting and hilarious

gansito said:
Wildvine53 said:

hahhaa, sorry i just found this contradicting and hilarious

why is it contradicting?

Edit: Nevermind, I didn't see the second bold part.

Warrior of Light #66

"I'm not illiterate, my parents were married!"

3DS FC: 2878 9589 2016

Smeags said:
Last week I handed in Resident Evil: DarkSide Chronicles and Dead Space Extraction so that I could get credit for Soul Silver. Right after I turned the two Wii games in, the guy asked me if I wanted to preorder games like Final Fantasy XIII, God of War 3, or Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition.

I suppose that the latter game makes sense (Hey, I just turned in a RE game) but maybe it would make sense to the guy that I might want to preorder a Wii game, seeing as all I turned in was Wii games. No biggie though, I said no (as I always do) and went on to say that I want to put credit down for Pokemon.

He replied with "So... you want both." (Seriously, he never stated it as a question. )

Really?

Really?!

"No... just Soul Silver..." I said as I swiped the GameCard (Is it odd for people to want just one version of Pokemon now-a-days? I don't know!).

And then a couple of weeks before that a guy told me that no Wii games have replay value.

I really never go to GameStop to purchase games anymore... I only go if I can use game-return credit to buy another game (and they never shrink wrap their games... big pet peeve right there).

so lets think for a minute about your "point" that gamestop employees should also mention wii games are pre-order options.

Which game should they ask about? Which Wii games will give more pre-order numbers instead of FF XII, GoW III, or RE5:GE?

Fragile? its too nichy, will be lucky to earn a few pre-orders.

Red Steel II? only the hardcore know about the game. Ubisoft will only ship 500 k

Endless Ocean 2? Niche game

Sin & Punishmen 2? Release date unknown

Arc Rise Fantasia? Release date unknown

Mario Galaxy 2? Release date unknown

Metroid Other M? Release date unknown

Tales of Graces? Release date unknown

The only game coming out soon with potential to earn enough interest, is Monster Hunter Tri, but it's not a proven franchise in America, and i doubt it will sell more pre-orders than those 3 games he's pushing.