By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is God of War 3/ Uncharted 2 possible on 360?

..if i could just remember the thread where this guys said Uncharted would be possible on the SNES

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network

Can they look as good on the 360? Sure if the devs tried hard enough and dont limit themselves to one disc. Both consoles have potential and exclusives can unlock more of the power of the console. PS3 exclusives are build for the PS3 alone so you can't simply port them, but if someone would take 2+ years to rebuild them on the 360 then they would look just as good maybe a little less in some departments but a little better in others. Not that it will happen ofcourse but both consoles have good hardware.

BW_JP said:
themanwithnoname said:
Isn't Gears one of the few games that makes use of the 360's extra RAM? So technically it isn't possible on the PS3. Not that it makes the slightest bit of difference to me, but yeah, Forza 3 probably isn't possible on the PS3 either. Also, anyone saying Uncharted 1 > Gears 2 graphically needs an eyecheck imo.

Its hard to say. Programmed the way it is, you're right it could not. But gears 2 had lots of graphical flaws. Linear hallway shooter with incredibly bad texture pop in and low res textures. its not a pretty game.

Forza 3 doesn't even look as good as GT5P, so yes, forza 3 can be done.

It's not about using specific hardware strengths. No matter WHAT You do, you CAN NOT make a game like uncharted 2 on the 360, it just is not possible. Uncharted 2 Transcends the hardware and uses the spus to do graphics processing far beyond what the 360s can do, and you cant use spus on the 360 since it doesnt have them.

From the day uncharted 1 released, the 360 was doomed to being inferior graphically. it will never change. No game will ever release on the 360 that is better than uncharted 2, god of war 3, gt5 or KZ2. it is just not possible and will never happen.

Maybe, just MAYBE the 720 can touch those games, but i doubt it. 

wow i can possibly buy the rest of your argument but that last statement is so Trollish... When the 720/PS4 come out they are going to take a big fu**ing dump all over this gen's consoles. That my good sir is a fact as good as you think the PS3 is, it isnt going to hold a candle to next gen's consoles

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

Grey21 said:
Can they look as good on the 360? Sure if the devs tried hard enough and dont limit themselves to one disc. Both consoles have potential and exclusives can unlock more of the power of the console. PS3 exclusives are build for the PS3 alone so you can't simply port them, but if someone would take 2+ years to rebuild them on the 360 then they would look just as good maybe a little less in some departments but a little better in others. Not that it will happen ofcourse but both consoles have good hardware.

100% agreement,

your developer is key in how the result's are , and what tool's he has, and his experience. etc.

its not so :

well if this developer can do it than why cannot this developer.

its not so clear cut and dry as that just because some developer's have does not mean every developer will

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Deneidez said:
huaxiong90 said:

Posting a low res Uncharted: Drake's Fortune picture?

Thanks for trying.

Err... Can you change resolution of textures in uncharted? Well, heres some not bullshots from Uncharted 2.

Are those some low res stuff too? Btw, if you talking about lower resolution, it actually would make it look better(vs real if real is bigger).

I meant the picture itself. And the thing is, I don't want to bring lower res to "make it look better". That would be spinning things.

P.S. Those pictures look awful compared to how the game looks in motion.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network
1337 Gamer said:
BW_JP said:
themanwithnoname said:
Isn't Gears one of the few games that makes use of the 360's extra RAM? So technically it isn't possible on the PS3. Not that it makes the slightest bit of difference to me, but yeah, Forza 3 probably isn't possible on the PS3 either. Also, anyone saying Uncharted 1 > Gears 2 graphically needs an eyecheck imo.

Its hard to say. Programmed the way it is, you're right it could not. But gears 2 had lots of graphical flaws. Linear hallway shooter with incredibly bad texture pop in and low res textures. its not a pretty game.

Forza 3 doesn't even look as good as GT5P, so yes, forza 3 can be done.

It's not about using specific hardware strengths. No matter WHAT You do, you CAN NOT make a game like uncharted 2 on the 360, it just is not possible. Uncharted 2 Transcends the hardware and uses the spus to do graphics processing far beyond what the 360s can do, and you cant use spus on the 360 since it doesnt have them.

From the day uncharted 1 released, the 360 was doomed to being inferior graphically. it will never change. No game will ever release on the 360 that is better than uncharted 2, god of war 3, gt5 or KZ2. it is just not possible and will never happen.

Maybe, just MAYBE the 720 can touch those games, but i doubt it. 

wow i can possibly buy the rest of your argument but that last statement is so Trollish... When the 720/PS4 come out they are going to take a big fu**ing dump all over this gen's consoles. That my good sir is a fact as good as you think the PS3 is, it isnt going to hold a candle to next gen's consoles

I also do not agree with his comment, but on the same token I do not agree with your take also,

If anything it's going to be less of an upgrade than ever before.

there is just to many developer's that are still learning multi-core cpu development. not to say this apply's to Developer's with development with GPU's, but many developer's that may make up your team that has not that much experience.

I think due to that alone the upgrade will be slight not very big. there is just too much of the "pc centric" design in these game console's that just help to keep the system's more viable longer with how powerful these system's are. they pack quite a bit of a punch, which many in the industry most likely did not expect.

I AM BOLO

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Deneidez said:
huaxiong90 said:

Posting a low res Uncharted: Drake's Fortune picture?

Thanks for trying.

Err... Can you change resolution of textures in uncharted? Well, heres some not bullshots from Uncharted 2.

Are those some low res stuff too? Btw, if you talking about lower resolution, it actually would make it look better(vs real if real is bigger).

What in the name of god is going on with those pics?

The lighting looks completely washed out. Nathan is so fuzzy you can't even make out his face.

They're probably the worst pics on the internet of U2.

As for changing the resoultion of the original Uncharted, I don't think you can, but there are plenty of pics of early Uncharted 1 builds floating around.

Here's a multiplayer shot of U2 that look x10 times better then what you've posted.

See More Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Screenshot at IGN.com

joeorc said:
1337 Gamer said:

I also do not agree with his comment, but on the same token I do not agree with your take also,

there is just to many developer's that are still learning multi-core cpu development. not to say this apply's to Developer's with development with GPU's, but many developer's that may make up your team that has not that much experience.

I think due to that alone the upgrade will be slight not very big. there is just too much of the "pc centric" design in these game console's that just help to keep the system's more viable longer with how powerful these system's are. they pack quite a bit of a punch, which many in the industry most likely did not expect.

The systems we have today are circa 2005 era machines. The PS3 was simply delayed but at its core the compute components were finalised around 2005. If we're talking about the future then you'd have to consider the next machines to be at least DX12 class machines. We're having a little revolution in terms of how content is created in referrence to the tessellator and the compute shaders are opening up new models of programming never seen before.

If the next generation comes in 2012 we can expect the initial designs to be made on the 22nm or 18nm process nodes. That means we can expect at least 4B transistors or an 8 fold increase. We won't be using artists to recreate the world we will be using the world and recreating it in games. Theres a tonne of potential untapped in todays DX11 graphics cards, with DX12 there will be even more potential and that potential will be easier to tap.

WilliamWatts said:
joeorc said:
1337 Gamer said:

The systems we have today are circa 2005 era machines. The PS3 was simply delayed but at its core the compute components were finalised around 2005. If we're talking about the future then you'd have to consider the next machines to be at least DX12 class machines. We're having a little revolution in terms of how content is created in referrence to the tessellator and the compute shaders are opening up new models of programming never seen before.

If the next generation comes in 2012 we can expect the initial designs to be made on the 22nm or 18nm process nodes. That means we can expect at least 4B transistors or an 8 fold increase. We won't be using artists to recreate the world we will be using the world and recreating it in games. Theres a tonne of potential untapped in todays DX11 graphics cards, with DX12 there will be even more potential and that potential will be easier to tap.

even though these system's are 2005, when you point toward dx11 and dx12 type of card's the problem, is not everyone goes out an buy's said card. now if a developer want's to stay inside those spec's their game may be limited to that market share, so more so than ever the top end PC's still are not the main target for said software,

the majority will still be like alway's be targeted toward the lower end spec machines than the upper end spec's.

the main point is if console's are following in the same area as PC's in the sense that with Downloadable games and these system's that we have now the majority of game's for developer's to get the most market share would be in more line with the idea of getting it on the most system's that can run the software which is great for 3rd party but in the case of 1st party the system's are not inline the same Microsoft's an sony's.

why because the majority of Sony's game's are OPEN GL

while

the majority of Microsoft's games are built on Direct X

not to say they cannot be both used , It does though depend on said developer's

I AM BOLO

ps:

So... If get this right, you may do cherry picking and nobody else who is against you may not? Hah, do you know how stupid that sounds? Drake might look worse in those screenshots because there might be some lod going on. And about lower resolution. Thats how they do bullshots. They render very large pictures and lower their resolution.

Anyway, just like I said. Its all about how you allocate your resources.

Heres human head demo that can be run on early 2000 comps. Theres just about nothing but one head and just about all resources are used to show head with realistic lighting. Photorealistic? A bit more than any game. Practical for games? Not really.