By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is God of War 3/ Uncharted 2 possible on 360?

Shouldn't it be; "will God of War 3 be better looking than Uncharted 2?"

IMHO the 360 won't top Uncharted 2... Anyway, by the time GOW III, Kz3 and Uncharted 3 all hit Uncharted 2 and Alan Wake will both be left in the dust. Why are the 360 fanboys getting so excited about Alan Wake anyway, like it's the 360's last chance to visualy trump the PS3... lol!

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD

Around the Network

Sorry, just one more thing. Uncharted 2 has made me look at all other games and think how poor they look in comparison, that is how amazing the graphics are in Uc2 and how high the bar has been raised for future games. And I seem to keep hearing of late that GoW III looks even better. Awesome!

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD

Its all about how you allocate your resources.

Both of them have just about the same amount of mem so when comparing texture quality result would be just about the same. Effects & stuff is what would make bigger difference.

Oh and one more thing. You cannot really compare two different kind of games. For example in Gear of War 2 theres a bit more enemy types than in Uncharted 2. Everyone of those need own textures/skins/bumpmaps etc. , which means that one invidual character will not get so good looking texture.

threads like this should be banned...

sure your final question is "are they maxed"... but the thread title is flamebait.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Do folks even look at ps3 and 360's hardware specs? They are so close its not even funny. Saying 360 can't do a linear game such as UC2 is foolish....and vice versa.

Around the Network

@ Deneidez
Thats a pic from Uncharted 1 and its low res
nice try though...

Fedor Emelianenko - Greatest Fighter and most humble man to ever walk the earth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVVrNOQtlzY

Subjective thread but of course...

They're possible but not the same performance. PS3 >> 360 has a lot of work involved when porting and vice versa.

Deneidez said:

Its all about how you allocate your resources.

Both of them have just about the same amount of mem so when comparing texture quality result would be just about the same. Effects & stuff is what would make bigger difference.

Oh and one more thing. You cannot really compare two different kind of games. For example in Gear of War 2 theres a bit more enemy types than in Uncharted 2. Everyone of those need own textures/skins/bumpmaps etc. , which means that one invidual character will not get so good looking texture.

Posting a low res Uncharted: Drake's Fortune picture?

Thanks for trying.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

themanwithnoname said:
Isn't Gears one of the few games that makes use of the 360's extra RAM? So technically it isn't possible on the PS3. Not that it makes the slightest bit of difference to me, but yeah, Forza 3 probably isn't possible on the PS3 either. Also, anyone saying Uncharted 1 > Gears 2 graphically needs an eyecheck imo.

like any game designed, if your game is designed for a specific hardware , it's not to say that the game could not be put on another machine, forinstance the XBOX360 has a shared pool of 512 MB of ram with 1MB of shared cache split between each core of the xbox360's 3 core's.

while in the playstation 3, you have 256 MB of RAM for the processor and a 256 MB of ram for the GPU while in the playstation 3 's PPE core has 512 KB of Cache, but each SPE of the usable six that game developer's have free has 256 KB of local store which is not the same as Cache is pretty much like little block's of very fast ram embedded into each SPE processing core.

THE game's that are for each system has thing's that would have to be changed to run on the other , would the game be like the way they are made right now that's if the developer's try to see how their code would run. In most cases it's a guess because they do not have time to try and code for every machine. so most of the time they have to concentrate on just one or two system's.

Thus when a developer, an this is speaking from my own experience state's that a game cannot be put on another system, there is some truth to that, it just may mean as the current build of the game is, or it could mean , "i just have so little experience with the other platform" I havent the time right now.

more time's than not is "as the current build of the game the way it's designed it would not work. Could it be made to work, most likely yes it could, would it be worth it most likely no that is if the developer has had no experience with the other platform. does that mean he could not do one later no, it just mean's he may not have the time right now. not enough man power for the project.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

huaxiong90 said:

Posting a low res Uncharted: Drake's Fortune picture?

Thanks for trying.

Err... Can you change resolution of textures in uncharted? Well, heres some not bullshots from Uncharted 2.

Are those some low res stuff too? Btw, if you talking about lower resolution, it actually would make it look better(vs real if real is bigger).