By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - When will 360 start to outsell PS3 WW in 2010?

When will 360 start to outsell PS3 WW in 2010?

It won't, PS3 will conti... 529 59.24%

First Quarter (Jan-March) 24 2.69%

Second Quarter (Apr-June) 108 12.09%

Third Quarter (July-Sept) 147 16.46%

Fourth Quarter (Oct-Dec) 84 9.41%

Total:892
Rawnchie14 said:

The Slim release was because people holding out were given a new model a 100$ price drop to send them flocking to buy this.  What reason would the 360 have?  The 360 selling as much as it has - is impressive.  Microsoft cannot be stopped, no matter how many people proclaiming thier business and console doomed or in trouble.  Fact of the matter is - even if they ended up third sometime this century, they're making Sony break thier back - with Sony throwing every pitch they have in their arsenal.

Face it - Microsoft has made Sony - former #1 in the business - writhe and squirm in the pain of competing in the HD console war.  Deny it all you'd like - they did it.

I think thats more thanks to Nintendo but w/e. Also even though Sony used to be "king" they actually made less money on the PS2 than they already spent on the PS3, so even if they where to surpass Xbox 360 in sales, they still lose, since they will never get all that money back.

Around the Network
mundus6 said:
Rawnchie14 said:

The Slim release was because people holding out were given a new model a 100$ price drop to send them flocking to buy this.  What reason would the 360 have?  The 360 selling as much as it has - is impressive.  Microsoft cannot be stopped, no matter how many people proclaiming thier business and console doomed or in trouble.  Fact of the matter is - even if they ended up third sometime this century, they're making Sony break thier back - with Sony throwing every pitch they have in their arsenal.

Face it - Microsoft has made Sony - former #1 in the business - writhe and squirm in the pain of competing in the HD console war.  Deny it all you'd like - they did it.

I think thats more thanks to Nintendo but w/e. Also even though Sony used to be "king" they actually made less money on the PS2 than they already spent on the PS3, so even if they where to surpass Xbox 360 in sales, they still lose, since they will never get all that money back.

This is very true and something that should be anylized when considering what a win really is. In the console war barely winning 2nd place after dominating 2 generations straight can't be looked upon favorably by anyone.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

mundus6 said:

It begins, when slim is released here in Europe. 360 will be ahead every week WW (except in Japan) untill Sony cut price.

gran turismo its releasing this year.. so europe not likely

Jo21 said:
mundus6 said:

It begins, when slim is released here in Europe. 360 will be ahead every week WW (except in Japan) untill Sony cut price.

gran turismo its releasing this year.. so europe not likely

Halo Reach

If all else remains the same, the Xbox 360 redesign has set back the regular overtake rate by 3 weeks or so just this week alone. Probably once all is said and done, the Xbox 360 would have gained about a quarter or so assuming no other factor is involved.

Beyond that it gets messy. How do you quantify the effect of a hardware redesign? In the case of the PS3 slim there'd probably be very little change in demand as there was no significant advantage for people to get the new console over the old whereas with the Xbox 360 there were some very real reliability and noise concerns and even the lack of Wifi may effect sales somewhat as the Xbox 360 previously lacked this feature out of the box. Even a 5% change in base demand again ignoring everything else changes the longer term sales differential between the two systems but only in respect to timing.

Where it gets messier even still is the issue of price cuts and motion controls. It could mean nothing which results in the above factors likely netting another 3-6 months lead time for the Xbox 360 or it could mean a great deal and make the above irrelevant to the overall sales differential in the favour of the PS3 or Xbox 360.

Tease.

Around the Network
augustoaag said:

Right NOW?

Console Americas Japan EMEAA Worldwide
111,873 55,200 86,865 253,938
92,202 19,080 67,976 179,258
129,325 1,798 32,784 163,907
49,951 16,753 52,762 119,466
23,133 22,080 33,801 79

he means the year dude. one week = the whole quarter of year.

this year ps3 got a HUGE lead that probably wont disappear so easy.

halo reach won't have the same effect as GT5, GT5 sell in europe 5m alone. it sells great on japan and US too

halo already have their fanbase in the system it wont push systems

indodude said:

Now, the question is, when will the PS3 start outselling the 360 again this year?

August or next wk. never can tell.

Jo21 said:
augustoaag said:

Right NOW?

Console Americas Japan EMEAA Worldwide
111,873 55,200 86,865 253,938
92,202 19,080 67,976 179,258
129,325 1,798 32,784 163,907
49,951 16,753 52,762 119,466
23,133 22,080 33,801 79

he means the year dude. one week = the whole quarter of year.

this year ps3 got a HUGE lead that probably wont disappear so easy.

halo reach won't have the same effect as GT5, GT5 sell in europe 5m alone. it sells great on japan and US too

halo already have their fanbase in the system it wont push systems

i agree with you mostly on the last sentence.

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
indodude said:

Now, the question is, when will the PS3 start outselling the 360 again this year?

Well it definitely won't be next week (June 26th numbers).  I don't think it will go back to selling more on a constant basis.  It might around GT5 time, but other than that I think the 360 has the remainder of the year in the bag with the new design, Kinect, and possible price cuts closer to the holidays.

nightsurge said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
indodude said:

Well it definitely won't be next week (June 26th numbers).  I don't think it will go back to selling more on a constant basis.  It might around GT5 time, but other than that I think the 360 has the remainder of the year in the bag with the new design, Kinect, and possible price cuts closer to the holidays.

you may have a point, but i don't see 360s out selling PS3 for the rest of the yr. i think it's more likely they will be on even footing.

I'm using gamer predictions. looking at some of the reports i've been reading all yr the gap won't be that big by the end of the yr, but i wouldn't put any money on either company doing better then the other.

its risky to assume. i've never been fond of making an ass out of my self so i only make bets when i know im right not when i might be right.

if i could see the future i still wouldn't bet on what i know because unforeseen things could be just beyond the horizen.