By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - When will 360 start to outsell PS3 WW in 2010?

When will 360 start to outsell PS3 WW in 2010?

It won't, PS3 will conti... 529 59.24%

First Quarter (Jan-March) 24 2.69%

Second Quarter (Apr-June) 108 12.09%

Third Quarter (July-Sept) 147 16.46%

Fourth Quarter (Oct-Dec) 84 9.41%

Total:892
homer said:

I have a feeling the 360 will outsell the ps3 in  the end of June . Do not ask how I know this.

yay! he won! xD

this week, and the week that the 360 Slim launches on Europe will be the only weeks before holidays where the 360 is going to outsell the ps3...After that, you'll see a price cut in Gamescom for both consoles.

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

Around the Network
Hyruken said:

And just like that 65% of this forum are wrong......

Nice to see my 2nd quarter prediction was spot on :)

Congrats on your crystal ball skills predicting a price cut would push 360 above PS3.

However, from my remembering of this thread from a while back, wasnt the beef of the this pointing towards "trends" in the shrinking gap back in janurary and february? and YTD the PS3 and pulled in a 1.1 million lead WW.

PESPECTIVE: 360 has a price cut down and Slim launch, thus appealing to repurcheses and new prucheses (older models) in its largest region which accounts for 63% of its WW sales this year.

Now some quick maths, with the aforementioned numbers, the average the PS3 has outsold the 360 on a weekly basis was 48k....i simply took 1.1 million divided by 23 weeks so far this year......

soooo i guess a price cut and remodel in the region accounting for 63% of its weekly totals this year and 56% of its existing userbase is something to try to rub in the face of users.....but the logical thinker in me says you may want to hold back on your false alarm victory here, chief.

steverhcp02 said:
Hyruken said:

Congrats on your crystal ball skills predicting a price cut would push 360 above PS3.

However, from my remembering of this thread from a while back, wasnt the beef of the this pointing towards "trends" in the shrinking gap back in janurary and february? and YTD the PS3 and pulled in a 1.1 million lead WW.

PESPECTIVE: 360 has a price cut down and Slim launch, thus appealing to repurcheses and new prucheses (older models) in its largest region which accounts for 63% of its WW sales this year.

Now some quick maths, with the aforementioned numbers, the average the PS3 has outsold the 360 on a weekly basis was 48k....i simply took 1.1 million divided by 23 weeks so far this year......

soooo i guess a price cut and remodel in the region accounting for 63% of its weekly totals this year and 56% of its existing userbase is something to try to rub in the face of users.....but the logical thinker in me says you may want to hold back on your false alarm victory here, chief.

There is no false alarm, the 360 just outsold the PS3 worldwide. That was the question. If you go back over peoples replies your see quite clearly two type of people, the realists and the dreamers. One side said "when 360 get's a price cut" and the other said "PS3 will continue to outsell 360 every week". The fact that 65% of the forum were the latter is quite damning.

It's already started. lol

Hyruken said:
steverhcp02 said:
Hyruken said:

There is no false alarm, the 360 just outsold the PS3 worldwide. That was the question. If you go back over peoples replies your see quite clearly two type of people, the realists and the dreamers. One side said "when 360 get's a price cut" and the other said "PS3 will continue to outsell 360 every week". The fact that 65% of the forum were the latter is quite damning.

Yes, unless im istaken but rereading the thread and even looking at the ittle...this wasnt about a single week. "when will the 360 START...." implies it will gradually overtake and even your posts suggest, including your initial arguments, it would be on th eback of strong software, a price cut (you seem to be speaking WW price cut) and Kinect.

You posted the weekly shrinking gap as evidence its creeping and will thus eventually overtake the PS3 WW sales due to the aforementioned variables. What we have a seen is you be completely wrong in you "weekly trends" from early this year, and the 360's strongest market by far with a price cut and remodel put it ahead, with what will probably be its largest spike by a mere 50k consoles......

I say false alarm because this thread, and you can try to deny it now, was never meant to be a "predict the week when the 360 finally outsellf the PS3 WW" This thread was a debate an dguessing game as to when the 360 will START as in, begin and continue to outsell the PS3 WW....thus i say false alarm because this is not a trend, as your original arguments sugested and the basis of what this thread was....

Once you were so completely wrong based on the fact the PS3 went on to sell 1.1 million more consoles this year, i can understand why youd alter the original intent of this thread...but this not the turning point, its a spike, and albeit not a major one which is turning any WW tide. Thus, false alarm to your victory dance

Around the Network

It begins, when slim is released here in Europe. 360 will be ahead every week WW (except in Japan) untill Sony cut price.

mundus6 said:

It begins, when slim is released here in Europe. 360 will be ahead every week WW (except in Japan) untill Sony cut price.

really? You feel the 360 sales will nearly double and remain doubled simply because of a redesign and no pricecut in Europe?

steverhcp02 said:
mundus6 said:

really? You feel the 360 sales will nearly double and remain doubled simply because of a redesign and no pricecut in Europe?

In Europe a 360 elite is already 50-80€ cheaper than a PS3 depending on where you live. Add a slim to that and what do you get? Hell here in sweden you can buy a Xbox 360 elite plus a stand alone blu ray player for like 200kr (20€) more than a PS3.Plus im pretty sure arcades and elites gets price cuts similar to USA did when slim actually launches.

mundus6 said:
steverhcp02 said:
mundus6 said:

In Europe a 360 elite is already 50-80€ cheaper than a PS3 depending on where you live. Add a slim to that and what do you get? Hell here in sweden you can buy a Xbox 360 elite plus a stand alone blu ray player for like 200kr (20€) more than a PS3.Plus im pretty sure arcades and elites gets price cuts similar to USA did when slim actually launches.

you didnt answer my question. You feel a different case on a 360 will nearly double its sales in Europe? Let me say this again, even with a phase out of older models...you feel......a different case....on a home console.....will cause a nearly 100% increase.......in sales.......

Regardless of phase outs thats beyond bold.

steverhcp02 said:
Hyruken said:
steverhcp02 said:
Hyruken said:

Yes, unless im istaken but rereading the thread and even looking at the ittle...this wasnt about a single week. "when will the 360 START...." implies it will gradually overtake and even your posts suggest, including your initial arguments, it would be on th eback of strong software, a price cut (you seem to be speaking WW price cut) and Kinect.

You posted the weekly shrinking gap as evidence its creeping and will thus eventually overtake the PS3 WW sales due to the aforementioned variables. What we have a seen is you be completely wrong in you "weekly trends" from early this year, and the 360's strongest market by far with a price cut and remodel put it ahead, with what will probably be its largest spike by a mere 50k consoles......

I say false alarm because this thread, and you can try to deny it now, was never meant to be a "predict the week when the 360 finally outsellf the PS3 WW" This thread was a debate an dguessing game as to when the 360 will START as in, begin and continue to outsell the PS3 WW....thus i say false alarm because this is not a trend, as your original arguments sugested and the basis of what this thread was....

Once you were so completely wrong based on the fact the PS3 went on to sell 1.1 million more consoles this year, i can understand why youd alter the original intent of this thread...but this not the turning point, its a spike, and albeit not a major one which is turning any WW tide. Thus, false alarm to your victory dance

Surely saying "When will 360 START to outsell" is self explanitory? It means at what point i.e start? Your way means at the end i.e when will 360 outsell PS3 for this year? That was not the question and if you read the thread it was made clear countless times. Your whole analysis about what i said prior to my prediction is bogus. Because i said "around E3 time (quarter 2) MS will most likely price cut or announce a new model i.e a slim and that is when it will start to outsell PS3 this year". You can attempt to spin that in whatever way you like my friend but it does not change the fact it is right.

My data prior to that prediction was right at the time i wrote it. I had not replied in that thread since february, over 4 months ago. Hardly "changing" it is it....