By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
peachbuggy said:
I have seen no official word that the PS3 is supply constrained, on this site or through any official sources. Just anecdotal evidence. Every time PS3 sales are under what is expected/hoped you get numerous posters shouting "SUPPLY CONSTRAINED!" It's annoying.

guess you havent been reading this site much...

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
Hyruken said:
There are no supply constraints. Wasen't that proven to be bollocks when they revealed there are at least nearly 2m additional consoles out there acording to Sonys recent 33m shipped figure?

120gb ps3:

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=75780

Locations with the 120gb ps3 available when usign my zip code (70001):

No new products found within 100 miles of this ZIP code.

250gb ps3:

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=76136

Locations with the 250gb ps3 available when using the same zip code:

Acadia Shopping Cntr

70001 is almost dead center of the New Orleans:

http://maps.google.com/

Type it in, you'll see.

There is only one GameStop within 100 miles of my house that has any ps3s at all, and that 100 miles includes not only the New Orleans area, but also most of the Baton Rouge area (which is damn near half the population of the whole state of Louisiana).  That includes 45+ GameStops.

To compare, here's the 360 Elite:

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/productDetails.aspx?Product_ID=75840

Type in my zip code yet again, and click "View More" under the three stores listed.  You'll see that 45 stores within that 100 miles have 360 Elites.

There are definitely shortages.

No gamestops within 100 miles of chicago either. 2 major cities New Orleans and Chicago.

^
So Sony isnt an "offical source"?

Read the last site on this thread -_-

Fedor Emelianenko - Greatest Fighter and most humble man to ever walk the earth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVVrNOQtlzY

peachbuggy said:
I have seen no official word that the PS3 is supply constrained, on this site or through any official sources. Just anecdotal evidence. Every time PS3 sales are under what is expected/hoped you get numerous posters shouting "SUPPLY CONSTRAINED!" It's annoying.

Really?

http://www.psu.com/Sony-on-PS3-shortages--expect-+quot;tight+quot;-inventory-in-coming-months--a008643-p0.php

“We're working very hard with our retail partners to meet consumer interest, but the demand is tremendously high for the PS3 and we expect tight inventory in the coming months,” Seybold told us recently.

It doesn't get more official than Sony themselves.

Not trying to say anything against anyone but this is why so many find it hard to believe that almost 2.5-3M PS3 are sitting on store shelves.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

I have been reading this site and it's all anecdotal evidence. You think i would believe Sony anyway? After all the shit they have come out with lately. Maybe if there was something in the NEWS section rather than the forums then more people would bellieve it.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Around the Network
peachbuggy said:
I have been reading this site and it's all anecdotal evidence. You think i would believe Sony anyway? After all the shit they have come out with lately. Maybe if there was something in the NEWS section rather than the forums then more people would bellieve it.

ALright then answer me this.

Who knows more about Sony stock and shipments than Sony themselves?

Do you believe MS when they say 39M or Nintendo when they say 67M+? If so then why not Sony? Why are they liars?

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

peachbuggy said:

I guess information straight from retail like in my post doesn't count either? 

Honestly, what more do you want?  Nintendo to come out and say, "Oh yeah, Sony's having shortages.  How odd."?

because of the BS PR they have been coming out with recently. They sure don't like being in last place!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

peachbuggy said:
because of the BS PR they have been coming out with recently. They sure don't like being in last place!

Which BS?

Currently playing:

makingmusic476 said:
peachbuggy said:

I guess information straight from retail like in my post doesn't count either? 

Honestly, what more do you want?  Nintendo to come out and say, "Oh yeah, Sony's having shortages.  How odd."?

Actually i have seen anecdotal evidence from retail on this site saying both that there isn't shortages and that there is. Nothing in the news section either.