By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
thx1139 said:
leo-j said:
kowenicki said:

@thx

its pointless mate... we have been saying this for ages, but nobody listens.

it effectively means that Sony numbers will always have a wider gap with reported retail numbers sold than both ms and Ninty because Sony report PS3 as sold to retail in their numbers even if they havent made them yet, whereas ms and ninty only report sold consoles built and out of the factory door.

what evidence do you have to support this?

Take a look at this post from the thread on Sony quarterly earnings. 

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?post=3119894&page=1&postnum=26

The key sentence

the method of reporting hardware and software unit sales has been changed from production shipments (b) to recorded sales (a)

ok, and ?

what is your point plz ?

my problem is that I dont see (get) if production shipments come AFTER or BEFORE recorded sales

does they only product what they already have sold ? I dont think so
so to me, production shipments come AFTER recorded sales ... Am I right ?

I must say the things are not so clear to me

Time to Work !

Around the Network
letsdance said:
Arius Dion said:
donsterydo2 said:
I would understand low supplies if the current PS3 sales in US were on Wii level, but this is just silly.

My thoughts exactly.

Its been a well known piece of fact for a while now that ps3 has newer technology then the wii which makes the parts harder to make. Also a well known fact is console companies cantr just push a button and magically increase otput in the factories. if they are making 1 million a month they cant just start makeing 1.1 million a month.

Just for speculation purposes, if they could produce as many as the wii...do you think they would sell out that many or close to it?

chichi-101 said:
letsdance said:
Arius Dion said:
donsterydo2 said:
I would understand low supplies if the current PS3 sales in US were on Wii level, but this is just silly.

My thoughts exactly.

Its been a well known piece of fact for a while now that ps3 has newer technology then the wii which makes the parts harder to make. Also a well known fact is console companies cantr just push a button and magically increase otput in the factories. if they are making 1 million a month they cant just start makeing 1.1 million a month.

Just for speculation purposes, if they could produce as many as the wii...do you think they would sell out that many or close to it?

Why would they sell close to the wii levels? the supply would meet the demand before they got those numbers