By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Between America and Japan Wii is only down ~15,000 YoY. If others is roughly flat as I expect it will be, then the trend is favouring Wii for being up YoY again soon, even as there are still shortages in the US.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Around the Network
Neoraf said:
Excellent 360 numbers!!!
Year over Year INCREASE! (and to think last winter was a few months after the massive 360 price-cut, it is awesome!)

I can't wait for February NPD!!!

Looks like the Playstation3 will finish last in America this gen, and probably worldwide also (my bet).
What a surprise, really. From 1st last gen to last...
Have we ever seen such a turnaround in gaming?

well, this is old man.
we all know this since like ... years lol.
and Ninty being outcompeted by the PSX was, somehow, more spectacular.
or even the Ninty comeback with the release of the Wii and it "disturbing" motion control was more spectacular

Indeed, the PS3 sales, considering the media bashing during its first years of existence is very spectacular despite the still high price, the recent NA shortage OR the special 360 offer in some european country in january (ended last week I think)

Never a third place console has been so much "hyped" ... 

Time to Work !

donsterydo2 said:
So it's official that Sony f@cked up just before start of its best games, this is hilarious XD

why ?

In a way, PS3 is becoming a hot system just before the GoW3 release : it is not that bad in a way

And, we all know january/february are far from being important month in console sales

so at the end ...

Time to Work !

kowenicki said:
libellule said:
Neoraf said:
Excellent 360 numbers!!!
Year over Year INCREASE! (and to think last winter was a few months after the massive 360 price-cut, it is awesome!)

Looks like the Playstation3 will finish last in America this gen, and probably worldwide also (my bet).

well, this is old man.
or even the Ninty comeback with the release of the Wii and it "disturbing" motion control was more spectacular

Indeed, the PS3 sales, considering the media bashing during its first years of existence is very spectacular despite the still high price, the recent NA shortage OR the special 360 offer in some european country in january (ended last week I think)

and what does any of that have to do with US 360 numbers? 

My guess is that he was commenting on the red.

kowenicki said:
Carl2291 said:
kowenicki said:
libellule said:
Neoraf said:
Excellent 360 numbers!!!

well, this is old man.

im sure he is.... but a supposed price promotion of the 360 in Europe and a supposed press consipracy have nothing to do with the fact that the US just choses the 360.

True, don't know why he brought the 360 EU stuff into things.

But you can't deny the PS3 hate in 2006/2007 from the media was strong, mainly due to Sony's arrogance.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Carl2291 said:
kowenicki said:
Carl2291 said:
kowenicki said:
libellule said:
Neoraf said:
Excellent 360 numbers!!!

well, this is old man.

im sure he is.... but a supposed price promotion of the 360 in Europe and a supposed press consipracy have nothing to do with the fact that the US just choses the 360.

True, don't know why he brought the 360 EU stuff into things.

But you can't deny the PS3 hate in 2006/2007 from the media was strong, mainly due to Sony's arrogance.

not mainly down to that... solely down to that.  they deserved every bloody nose they got back then imo. 

anyway, the US is a done deal, like Japan.  no going back.

funny how Carl2291 got it, but not kowenicki

so yes, I was answering to neoraf about his WW statement, nothing more, nothing less.

About US, I didnt want to comment the US domination of the 360 total sale because there is not point on commenting on this right now.

At the opposite, I do believe we should more wait and see about the "current sales" considering the recent shortage that seem to affect the PS3 sales in US. end.

EDIT :
"True, don't know why he brought the 360 EU stuff into things."

because I was commenting about WW numbers that were mentionned on the neoraf's comment
TO me : WW = NA+ EU+ Jp + others
perhaps for YOU : WW = NA ...

Time to Work !

I would understand low supplies if the current PS3 sales in US were on Wii level, but this is just silly.

If this PS3 "shortage" is truly real than Sony f-ed up big time. It isnt like the sales from the holidays was so outrageous that Sony couldnt manufacture enought. Likely that many of the sales they may have gotten that they didnt because of the so called shortage will never get back. Truly dumb, dumb, dumb move by Sony to scale back production.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

thx1139 said:
If this PS3 "shortage" is truly real than Sony f-ed up big time. It isnt like the sales from the holidays was so outrageous that Sony couldnt manufacture enought. Likely that many of the sales they may have gotten that they didnt because of the so called shortage will never get back. Truly dumb, dumb, dumb move by Sony to scale back production.

well, you can see it at 2 levels :

- Sony didnt manufacture enought because they dont want to lose too much per console so they are trying to save some money (in a way) by selling less console at loss

- Retailers (US ones) didnt bet on the PS3 success and were surprised that the PS3 was selling so good so they didnt order enought console to Sony

Time to Work !

chichi-101 said:
So how much do you guys think Sony would have sold with out the supply constraints?

9000 more

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.