By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

PS3 is very limited supply, Wii is almost a complete sell out right now.

Around the Network
ph4nt said:

We've actually started taking reservations on both systems at GameStop.  If you can't find one, you can reserve it.  Because supply is so limited, only stores that have taken reserves for either console are getting any stock, and they are only getting enough units to cover their reserves.

From what we've seen so far, we can usually get units for people within a week, but that's with less than half of those looking for systems actually bothering to reserve them.

makingmusic476 said:
ph4nt said:

We've actually started taking reservations on both systems at GameStop.  If you can't find one, you can reserve it.  Because supply is so limited, only stores that have taken reserves for either console are getting any stock, and they are only getting enough units to cover their reserves.

From what we've seen so far, we can usually get units for people within a week, but that's with less than half of those looking for systems actually bothering to reserve them.

Now if only this was true for everywher. Hopefully it is in a lot of places. Over all better/more competition=Better for everyone.

Excellent 360 numbers!!!
Year over Year INCREASE! (and to think last winter was a few months after the massive 360 price-cut, it is awesome!)

I can't wait for February NPD!!!

Looks like the Playstation3 will finish last in America this gen, and probably worldwide also (my bet).
What a surprise, really. From 1st last gen to last...
Have we ever seen such a turnaround in gaming?

My Gaming Setup

So how much do you guys think Sony would have sold with out the supply constraints?

Around the Network

So the Wii is down form last week mostly because of the supply problems?

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

woah peachbuggy finally got banned, that user has been rude to me so many times i have lost count.
On Topic: yeah this was a fast update, now waiting for worldwide figures.

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

So it's official that Sony f@cked up just before start of its best games, this is hilarious XD

Lightning_24 said:

@Peachbuggy watch this video. You are one of these characters guess which.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nh33bGAxl58&feature=related

LMAO... Nice find.

Edit: I didn't really care about looking into this, but I just checked my zipcode and found only one Gamestop has some PS3 120GB consoles out of like 6 total around me. I remember Best Buy having a shit load on Christmas, I mean so many they were stacking them 5 feet high on the exit path from cash register #1 to #12.  Now I check if I can try to do a store pick up and it says it's unavailable for pick-up on the website. Wow...

Am I missing something here? How can Sony have shortages when it's been proven Sony has shipped like 2 million more consoles than they sold (at least according to this site)? Unless all those extra consoles are in Europe and Japan I guess..