By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

PS3 shortages are pretty real in the north east but the demand isn't gigantic, It's mainly because people are getting tax refunds and choosing to buy a PS3, Wii or a new TV. We get about 6-10 a week at Wal-Mart, versus a lot more XBox 360s.

It's just that simple.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:

@thx

its pointless mate... we have been saying this for ages, but nobody listens.

it effectively means that Sony numbers will always have a wider gap with reported retail numbers sold than both ms and Ninty because Sony report PS3 as sold to retail in their numbers even if they havent made them yet, whereas ms and ninty only report sold consoles built and out of the factory door.

so, for Sony, "sold" means "sold"

and for MS/Ninty, "sold" means "sold and sent to the retailers"

well, it is interesting but is it just a guess ? or is it proven ?

Time to Work !

kowenicki said:

@thx

it effectively means that Sony numbers will always have a wider gap with reported retail numbers sold than both ms and Ninty because Sony report PS3 as sold to retail in their numbers even if they havent made them yet, whereas ms and ninty only report sold consoles built and out of the factory door.

what evidence do you have to support this?

mM
donsterydo2 said:
I would understand low supplies if the current PS3 sales in US were on Wii level, but this is just silly.

My thoughts exactly.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

kowenicki said:
leo-j said:
kowenicki said:

@thx

Well they definitely said they now reported sold, as you know....  that clearly doesnt mean sold to consumers, so its a resonable assumption that it means sold to retail...

Now if they report sold it doesnt have to be shipped does it?  It also explains the numbers we have (and all the other tracking companies have) v sony numbers.

whats your take?

we already know this and it is the same for MS and Ninty.

so, at the end, YOU have deducted from this :

Sony : sold to retailers

MS/Ninty : sold and sent to retailers

Am I right ?

Time to Work !

Around the Network

I would like to know if the Other SW/HW will be released today.

PSP is looking rough, particularly in America...has it been like this since the new year? Just noticed how low it was this week....yikes.

Bah!

Too much PS3 hating here. Then again it's only from a handful. Even that's too much. If hate is what fuels them, then we know they aren't gamers.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

leo-j said:
kowenicki said:

@thx

Take a look at this post from the thread on Sony quarterly earnings. 

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?post=3119894&page=1&postnum=26

The key sentence

the method of reporting hardware and software unit sales has been changed from production shipments (b) to recorded sales (a)

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Arius Dion said:
donsterydo2 said:
I would understand low supplies if the current PS3 sales in US were on Wii level, but this is just silly.

My thoughts exactly.

Its been a well known piece of fact for a while now that ps3 has newer technology then the wii which makes the parts harder to make. Also a well known fact is console companies cantr just push a button and magically increase otput in the factories. if they are making 1 million a month they cant just start makeing 1.1 million a month.