By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

PS3 out of stock at many stores. What are you doing Sony?

Around the Network

There are no supply constraints. Wasen't that proven to be bollocks when they revealed there are at least nearly 2m additional consoles out there acording to Sonys recent 33m shipped figure?

Hyruken said:
There are no supply constraints. Wasen't that proven to be bollocks when they revealed there are at least nearly 2m additional consoles out there acording to Sonys recent 33m shipped figure?

Thats why my area got 30 ps3s on wednesday and now there are only 3 left... yeah

Hm.. does Sony still lose money per each console sold in NA? That would make sense...

letsdance said:
Hyruken said:

Thats why my area got 30 ps3s on wednesday and now there are only 3 left... yeah

this

Around the Network
Hyruken said:

120gb ps3:

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=75780

Locations with the 120gb ps3 available when usign my zip code (70001):

No new products found within 100 miles of this ZIP code.

250gb ps3:

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=76136

Locations with the 250gb ps3 available when using the same zip code:

Acadia Shopping Cntr

70001 is almost dead center of the New Orleans:

http://maps.google.com/

Type it in, you'll see.

There is only one GameStop within 100 miles of my house that has any ps3s at all, and that 100 miles includes not only the New Orleans area, but also most of the Baton Rouge area (which is damn near half the population of the whole state of Louisiana).  That includes 45+ GameStops.

To compare, here's the 360 Elite:

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/productDetails.aspx?Product_ID=75840

Type in my zip code yet again, and click "View More" under the three stores listed.  You'll see that 45 stores within that 100 miles have 360 Elites.

There are definitely shortages.

My local stores are still extremely short of PS3 consoles.

Closest Gamestop got example that has 120GB in stock is 31 miles away according to Gamestop.com.

Closest Gamestop that has ad the 250GB in stock is only 4.5 miles away.

Sony needs to ship these 120GB models and fast! Those suckers sell a lot, and I live in New York.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

By the way, all SKUs of the XBox 360 are available at my local Islandia Gamestop. Zip Code 11749.

Not sure about everywhere, but I know within 31 miles of me on Long Island there is a big shortage of 120GB PS3s. My local Walmart doesn't even have them.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

It is sad because great game are coming for PS3 on february end/march : Heavy Rain, God of War 3, Final Fantasy XIII and Yakuza 3. First three could move hardware a lot.

I have seen no official word that the PS3 is supply constrained, on this site or through any official sources. Just anecdotal evidence. Every time PS3 sales are under what is expected/hoped you get numerous posters shouting "SUPPLY CONSTRAINED!" It's annoying.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!