By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XIII (360) Not HD | Resolution, Anti-Aliasing Analyzed

kowenicki said:
Xen said:
nojustno said:
tuscaniman said:
 Either way the graphics on this game are pretty weak on either console so it doesn't really matter.

Watch everyone ignore this.

'cause it's wrong.

Slightly over the top perhaps... but the graphics arent all that are they?

Some of the textures, especially ground textures are really bad.

You're right there, but in a seamless Pulse environment, as expansive as it is, you can't do much better I think. Neither system can handle that.

Around the Network

Now i know which version i'll get.

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

Porcupine_I said:
Some people post quite a lot in this thread for not caring about the differences.

The thing is, these things matter only IF you know about them.

Some People who play the supposedly "inferior" version will notice the sligtest glitches and jaggies and bits of bad textures and think "oh, i bet this is better in the other version"

At least it happened to me when i borrowed Bayonetta for PS3 from a friend, until i saw the 360 Version on another friends Console, and in the end it wasn't that much of a diffrence as i had been led to believe by threads like this one.

this..this and once again this..

100% agreement with you on this one...

what ever happend to the time of just playing the d@mn game an if you had fun that's all that should matter.

In my opinion

to be blunt about it, not all game's multi-platform are not ever going to be exactly the same there is going to be minor thing's that seperate the two copies of the game, but that should not matter I tend to think many are blowing these thing's way out of proportion In my opinion more time's than not it's not that great of a difference to begin with.I myself do not nitpick a game apart i just play them for the experience.

To me what should matter is if you have fun playing the game.

If you have fun that should be the only result that should indeed matter.

It seem's more an more people want to be "film critic's" with GAME'S today, god I hate all film critic's because I could care less about what thing's they want to nitpick about a movie. I go see what i want because I found there to be an interest of going to see the movie to watch the movie and not critic every little thing I can find in side the movie, it seems to getting to that point with some gamer's.

to me it's getting rather silly.

Hell with today the way some of these console game's are looking I think may of the gamer's are getting rather spoiled.

I am pretty excited with the overall quality of the game's that have been made this generation, and I have been play game's pen an paper and video game's for a very long time.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

kowenicki said:
Xen said:
Ouch.

And for everyones info - anything less than 720p is not HD. Halo 3 is sub HD, Cod 4 and MW2 are too... they are all 640p.

All in all, the 360 version is noticeably worse looking compared to the PS3 in these screens. PS3 has both more vibrant colours and much less jaggies.

Are you really saying "ouch" to this???  Wow. 

The girl with the gun.... its hard to say which is beter imo.

Overall, the difference is hardly worth bothering about... again...

Do you say ouch when the difference in multiplats is bigger than this in favour of the 360... on almost every game, or do you play it down like I do....? 

I'm sick and tired of these comparison screen threads... so anal and childish.. its boring. 

Oh.... and I say this in all the comparison threads, even when its a 360 favourable one... go check.

Are you serious? Just look at the hair, it's pretty obvious. Normally these things are little issues that people can nitpick in either direction. But the girl with the gun looks totally different in both pictures. Now in motion on a tv I doubt anyone will really care, but in these stills there is a difference.

I hope that next time they do these sort of screen comparisons, atleast show us better quality images eh.

Around the Network

Just FYI, this is an Xbox 360 shot - it was part of Square-Enix Press pack from X10 on the 12th of February, it appeared on IGN.com the same day. someone has apparently put a PS3 water mark on an Xbox 360 screen to make the 360 version look bad. Tsk.

Feylic said:
kowenicki said:
Xen said:
Ouch.

And for everyones info - anything less than 720p is not HD. Halo 3 is sub HD, Cod 4 and MW2 are too... they are all 640p.

All in all, the 360 version is noticeably worse looking compared to the PS3 in these screens. PS3 has both more vibrant colours and much less jaggies.

Are you really saying "ouch" to this???  Wow. 

The girl with the gun.... its hard to say which is beter imo.

Overall, the difference is hardly worth bothering about... again...

Do you say ouch when the difference in multiplats is bigger than this in favour of the 360... on almost every game, or do you play it down like I do....? 

I'm sick and tired of these comparison screen threads... so anal and childish.. its boring. 

Oh.... and I say this in all the comparison threads, even when its a 360 favourable one... go check.

Are you serious? Just look at the hair, it's pretty obvious. Normally these things are little issues that people can nitpick in either direction. But the girl with the gun looks totally different in both pictures. Now in motion on a tv I doubt anyone will really care, but in these stills there is a difference.

I can't see the other screenshots, only the girl with the gun picture is showing up for me.  But yes, the hair is definitely better in the PS3 version, the XBox360 version looks dithered.  And the XBox360 version is also clearly running at a lower resolution.  But it also seems like the XBox360 version has better textures and extra polygons in the background, as well as shading on the tower in the upper right background that is missing in the PS3 version.  Note that this could be due to the PS3 screenshots coming from the demo though.

All the horrible ps3 ports didn't get this much attention. Just let it go for fuck sakes.

Not a 360 fanboy, just a PS3 fanboy hater that likes putting them in their place ^.^

joshin69 said:
*"High-definition video or HD video refers to any video system of higher resolution than standard-definition (SD) video, and most commonly involves display resolutions of 1280×720 pixels (720p) or 1920×1080 pixels (1080i/1080p). This article discusses the general concepts of high-definition video, as opposed to its specific applications in television broadcast (HDTV), video recording formats (HDCAM, HDCAM-SR, DVCPRO HD, D5 HD, XDCAM HD, HDV and AVCHD), the optical disc delivery system Blu-ray Disc and the video tape format D-VHS."
*wiki
does this put paid to such nonsence?

You should remember to add a source.

OT: Hardly a night and day difference, but I suppose this makes the PS3 version the one to get. Even so, you can't trust a few screenshots for a general graphics analysis. Mazinger even took back the 'foliage' shot, because he said it was premature to start judging without more material. You still have more important bits to consider, like framerate, and finding neutral shots of the game. We have no idea of knowing if these shots were specifically chosen because they are in the high end of what the 360 version can output (I wouldn't normally be suspicious of something like that, but seeing as SE already "screwed up" once, they haven't really garnered my trust on this). Adding insult to injury, Mazinger said the PS3 shots were from the demo, so the visual quality should have gone up on the PS3 version (however slight it might be).

@ binary solo

"I have my doubts that the 360 shots are totally legit. Esp that one of the girl. Her hair looks so grainy at the ends it almost looks like a scan of a magazine photo of a screen shot. It's also got he slightly washed out look of a picture scan."

That is in the PS3 too. It's because the hair is being created using alpha-to-coverage, which is a method for rendering transparent textures without as big a performance penalty as doing it in a better looking way. Both GT5 and Forza 3 use the same method for maintaining their 60 FPS.

Ok guys, seriously, this video might not the best quality out there, but even with that crappy video compression, how is this X360 video equivalent to the supposedly X360 screenshots?

http://www.gamespot.com/events/microsoftx10/video.html?sid=6250339&hd=1&tag=videos;hd;1

Truth does not fear investigation