By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XIII (360) Not HD | Resolution, Anti-Aliasing Analyzed

Anyone know if there is an embargo on FF13 reviews atm?

Around the Network
NightAntilli said:

Few other X360 screenshots from a spanish website..:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19866039&postcount=12243

Difference is huge compared to the other screens with cursors on them (and others in the same batch)...

Wow! It is really washed out. And so many jaggies my eyes hurt. Not HD for certain. :p

Xen said:
nojustno said:
tuscaniman said:
 Either way the graphics on this game are pretty weak on either console so it doesn't really matter.

Watch everyone ignore this.

'cause it's wrong.

Ye you seem unbiased.

No really, its no title to get if you're out for a visual gem.

rccsetzer said:
NightAntilli said:

Few other X360 screenshots from a spanish website..:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19866039&postcount=12243

Difference is huge compared to the other screens with cursors on them (and others in the same batch)...

Wow! It is really washed out. And so many jaggies my eyes hurt. Not HD for certain. :p

Well it's definitely better than this, and these are the ones the whole sub-hd thing are based on:

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/106/1069859/final-fantasy-xiii-20100217100351002.jpg

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/106/1069859/final-fantasy-xiii-20100217100354018.jpg

Truth does not fear investigation

LOL at pics.. prolly explains those 'doctored' shots from SE last week eh? 360 is defntly sub par.. I mean compared to the ps3 version.. it looks.. more jagged, less vibrant ,missing graphics.. compare the water in the 2 pics.. ugghhh.. looks like I'll be buying the ps3slim after all...

Too Bad MS.. its time to a. either kill the arcade/or add a HDD to the arcade/or sell a very cheap HDD to existing arcade users.. coz if DVD space is the SOLE reason for poorer graphics.. the 360 is about to get stiffed from now onwards. Alan wake notwithstanding ofcourse...

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

Around the Network

To those of you saying who cares, you should support the 360 then.

Don't get the PS3 version where graphics are better. They're just graphics right?

Support the lazy devs so things like this will continue. Games should be developed on the PS3 fully optimized and then ported over to the 360.

phnguyen89 said:
To those of you saying who cares, you should support the 360 then.

Don't get the PS3 version where graphics are better. They're just graphics right?

Support the lazy devs so things like this will continue. Games should be developed on the PS3 fully optimized and then ported over to the 360.

You're missing the point of your statement.

It's been said a few times that leading development in PS3 would translate into better 360 ports. There are links over there, I wouldn't mind to do some research if requiered.

PS: The sad thing comes when you read the news about Lost Planet 2 disc space problems... We all know it will get worse and worse during the rest of the generation. We all knew Blu-Ray was necessary, but not because SONY PR Bullshit said so. It was just a matter of time. More space is needed in order to make greater games.

arsenicazure said:
LOL at pics.. prolly explains those 'doctored' shots from SE last week eh? 360 is defntly sub par.. I mean compared to the ps3 version.. it looks.. more jagged, less vibrant ,missing graphics.. compare the water in the 2 pics.. ugghhh.. looks like I'll be buying the ps3slim after all...

Too Bad MS.. its time to a. either kill the arcade/or add a HDD to the arcade/or sell a very cheap HDD to existing arcade users.. coz if DVD space is the SOLE reason for poorer graphics.. the 360 is about to get stiffed from now onwards. Alan wake notwithstanding ofcourse...

but you see that it's not Nicrosoft's fault.

the problem in thinking like that it depend's on the developer's and how they implement their game design.

the problem is with SE not microsoft in my opinion because they designed the game more toward heavy FMV and story which along with Sound can take up more space than just the game assets would require. Now granted that's whay I have myself bought Final Fantasy game's I like the Story and the art direction and the music. Yes i like the playing of the game but it's alway's been the story and other effect's that drew me in.

that's why I understand how SE may have problem's with the storage limit's of DVD but also why I do not agree with this being Microsoft's fault.

SE knew the limit's before they started a port for the xbox360 they knew what problemthat may occur just like they do when developing on the PS3 and it's problem's of it's hardware.

So if anything SE decided to port a game that required more storage than what was there on the xbox360 base storage of DVD

by showing this there is not much of a hit to the xbox360 ver' of the game that I can see that would make it anyless fun to play.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

From someone who has read the many thousands of "xbotz" PS3 suxors cant do 360 graphics has no games blah blah posts over the last few years... I will say that a game should be the best it can be on each platform its released on, However! looking at the screens in general of this game I see no reason why they dont BOTH look better as I find them less then stunning.

But then again JRPG are not really known for mind blowing graphics

Random Canadian said:
From someone who has read the many thousands of "xbotz" PS3 suxors cant do 360 graphics has no games blah blah posts over the last few years... I will say that a game should be the best it can be on each platform its released on, However! looking at the screens in general of this game I see no reason why they dont BOTH look better as I find them less then stunning.

But then again JRPG are not really known for mind blowing graphics

no, not really...but Final Fantasy is (since VII) .