By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How did you start zelda?

Press the Start button, that how you star a Zelda game, XD. I kid, I kid.

OT: I started with Ocarina of Time and It is my favorite game of all time. Later I got Majora's Mask and I loved it but I got stuck on the last temple(Temple of Ligth) and I made a promise of never cheat/use guides on a Zelda game. Later I tried A Link to the Past on my GBA but I was busy playing other games so I lost interest on it. I missed Wind Waker, Oracle Seasons/Ages(Dont own a GBC), Minish Cap, and Phatom Hourglass(Dont own a DS). I beat Twilight Princess and I am waiting for the next Zelda game :D.

PS Vita and PC gamer

CPU Intel i5 2500K at 4.5 Ghz / Gigabyte Z68 Mobo / 8 Gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 mhz / Sapphire HD 7970 Dual X Boost / Corsair Obsidian 550d 

Around the Network

I had intentionally kept away from it as i generally do with popular entertainment (my view is that generally if it is incredibly popular it's never really that good....this is genreally true with film, music and books (omg the da- vinci code is a terrible book))
In games however it doesn't work as well i find now, I mean GTA/Mario/Zelda are all very popular but they are also incredibly good (well GTA3 and VC...maybe not SA).
Anyhow, I had an N64 but no OoT, but in about 2000 i had a go on my friends copy of it and together we ended up going through the whole game in three days, doing very little else besides sleep and eat (summer holidays helped this)

since then i have loved zelda even though i never bought OoT for my N64, I got it in 2003 with my pre-ordered Wind Waker, and have since bought TP for Wii, currently hoping Majoras Mask will come out on VC soon, otherwise i will end up getting an N64 copy.

The original. A friend of the family had the game for NES and one night during a family get together I played around with it. I was hooked after throwing the boomerang around and freezing enemies not really knowing what I was doing.

I also remember those early commercials with dude running around screaming "Zelda!!!"

Orriginal. Though "links awakening" was far more addicting to me, probably because I could play it anywhere and not just infront of the tv.

I remember my cousin playing LOZ for the Nes back in the day. I was probably around 4 but I remember it clear as day. That was probably the first video game I set my eyes on.

Around the Network

OOT on Gamecube (special disc that came with Wind Waker)

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

By going into the cave in the first screen and getting the starter sword from the old man.

Links awakening was how I lost my Zelda virginity.

Its a special moment in my heart forever.

I played the Original frst but I never beat it because I tended not to beat very many NES games when I was 8. Back then I actually liked to go outside and play guns, or water balloons. If an NES game couldn't be picked up and played for less than an hour and put down. I didn't play it very long.

The first one I actually beat was Link's Awakening, after that iwas in love with the series. I got Link to the Past shortly after and beat the snot out of that one too.

Ocarina of Time was the first game I bought at launch with a system in tow.

WindWaker was preordered.

Unfortuneately I couldn't get my Hands on a Wii until May, but TP was the first game I bought for it.

I bought a DS for Phantom Hourglass.

The only Zelda games I missed were the Oracles because I spent most of my money on organic plants that got burnt up in rolling papers and couldn't afford to buy the handhelds.

I started with A Link to the Past. It took me a long time to finish at first, but then I played it over and over and over again.