By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How did you start zelda?

I guess it started with the original but I wasn't playing a I was a bit too young and complete forgot about it, however fast forward to OOT. I bought it not because I knew it was zelda, but because I was reading the preview on IGN and I was captivated. I even printed out screen shots just to look at them. After that I've played and beaten MM WW and TP but I really want to go back and play the snes version the nes version scares me for some reason.

Around the Network

I got it LoZ:OoT with my N64 (along with GoldenEye and Mario64) in the first few days it came out in the UK. But my parents wouldn't let me play the N64 until my birthday *cries*.

Started with the very first one. Seems like forever ago.

Smash Bros: 2363-5325-6342 

I feel old and a little dirty being surrounded by all of these N64 and GCN kids.

I must cleanse myself with LttP.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Ever notice how you were totally going to get some action from Zelda too?

I mean think about the original LOZ.

It was You, Zleda, Monsters, Old Men, Old Women and a Giant Pig Man. There wern't any other people anywhere near Zelda's age and there were no Kids anywhere... it was practically a "Last man on Earth Scenario."

Better off then Super Mario Brothers... where the instruction booklet explains all of those floating blocks were Mushroom people! That's right everytime you smashed a brick to get somewhere or hoping to find secret 1-ups or coins you were killing a Mushroom man or woman!

Murderers!

Around the Network

I purchased the original Zelda with my own money that I had saved up and got the second for a birthday present a couple years later. I own every Zelda game that has been released in North America thus far, excluding the CDi games (and some earlier versions have been replaced by portable or re-released versions). I think the Oracle games are particularly underappreciated, especially Ages. I didn't have much of a chance to really get into the GC Four Swords, though I quite enjoyed the brief multiplayer sessions that I did have.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

Legend of Zelda
Adventure of Link
Link to the Past
Link's Awakening
Ocarina of Time
Twilight Princess

I've dabbled in Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, and Minish Cap, but didn't have time to really get into them. I want to finish them all. I bought both Oracle games and haven't started them either. Link's Awakening is my favorite by far. Twilight Princess is a distant second.

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.

superchunk said:
How did you start zelda?

From the beginning. How else can you start something? hehe.

OT --> The Legend of Zelda in the original gold packaging on my beautiful NES.

ditto...

The game was given to me by a friend who bought it even though he did not own an NES (he hoped to get one later).  When his plans to get an NES failed; I ended up with the game as a gift!

Legend of Zelda.  Zelda II Adventures of Link, Link to the past, OoT, Windwaker, TP

1987. i was 3 and i was playing the first zelda on the NES.

z64dan said:
1987. i was 3 and i was playing the first zelda on the NES.

I was 4.  I swear that game (along with Dr. Seuss) helped me learn to read.

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.