By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How did you start zelda?

A Link To The Past, then OoT, then Wind Waker, then Twilight Princess.

Gamertag: KillswitchTris PSN ID: KsET665 Wii Friend Code: 8415 6393 6330 0940 (PM me if you add me)
Feel Free To Add Me Tag: LISMDK - Extremely bad taste in music
Around the Network

Original Zelda.

Anybody else remember this ad?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwLdhygtbYs

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

The Legend Of Zelda will always be one of my all time favorites. The second quest will be one of the hardest games I've ever played.

I do remember that ad. I remember thinking, "wtf is this game about?", I don't remember what led me to get it. It must have been the fancy gold box. So shiny.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

The original game on the Virtual Console last year. Hated it, but I picked up TP a few days after Christmas. Immediately I fell in love with the game and began a quest to get as many Zelda games as possible.

I've only got six though.

My favorite is TP, second favorite is TWW, third favorite is OoT, fourth favorite is PH.

I also don't hate LoZ anymore. It's not the best, but it's not awful. It's a good game, not great.

ALttP is my least favorite of the six I have, if not purely because it's too hard for me to enjoy.

Top 3 favorite games: Super Mario Galaxy, The Sims 2 (PC), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

The year is 1990 and melbye gets Adventure of Link for christmas

Around the Network

I had no idea what Zelda was until I got a Gamecube but once I played WW I was hooked. I almost love Zelda as much as Mario. Not sure why I never bought the N64 versions. Should I buy OoT now, is it still worth it?

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Pure randomness...

I had a NES a very, very, very long time ago (somewhere around 1992-96?), and remember playing the first two Zelda games on it. I remember liking the original Legend of Zelda, although I never got anywhere (how the heck were kids supposed to figure out all those mazes???), but didn't like the second one. Once my parents rented it for me, but I realised it wasn't the Zelda game I wanted on the way home, so I started crying and they took me back to the store, that was kind enough to let me get the other one instead.

That's how bad Zelda II was. It made me cry as a kid! ;___;

After that I didn't touch a Zelda game for around ten years. Aside from the occasional dabbling with emulators (didn't finish any of them), the next was when I had just got my hands on a Gamecube and played Wind Waker because I heard it was good. I really liked it and thought it felt fresh, but playing Ocarina of Time straight after it felt like playing the same game twice. Yeah, I know it's not supposed to go that way. =P

Aside from that I've played Majora's Mask around halfway through, and have tried a few of the NES/SNES ones on emulators, but never got far. Twilight Princess was great, although I really hope they do some radical changes to the formula for the next part.

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA

supermario128 said:
I had no idea what Zelda was until I got a Gamecube but once I played WW I was hooked. I almost love Zelda as much as Mario. Not sure why I never bought the N64 versions. Should I buy OoT now, is it still worth it?

Definitely yes. OOT = AAA, MM = A, TP = AAA.