By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How did you start zelda?

oot best game ever.anyone who has not got this game or at least played it , get it. lttp was also an excellent game

never played gameboy or ds versions. worth it?

i did play original zelda but didnt get to far

Around the Network

@davelovett01:

The handheld versions are indeed of value. As noted previously, I think the Oracle games are quite underappreciated, and Link's Awakening is widely regarded as the best original Game Boy title of all time. Minish Cap and Phantom Hourglass were also very well-received, though I have yet to spend much time in either of them.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

my mom bought the original legend of zelda thinking it would be like Dragon Warrior (Dragon Quest), a game she loved. She was dissapointed with it, but me and my brother gave it a try. It wouldn't be until years later that I would actually beat the game, even longer before I played another Zelda game.

Zealda 1 then 2 then SNES then Zelda GB 1(Link to the past??)......thats all I have ever done.....I have lots of catching up to do.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

I started Zelda by going into the cave and getting a sword from an old man.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

Around the Network

@davelovett01, the first Game Boy Zelda is my favorite and I can't recommend it enough. It's like Link to the Past, but better. And it has one of my favorite plots of any video game, Zelda or otherwise. And it has hilarious cameos from Dr. Wright (of SimCity fame) and others, and 2-D segments with goombas and shyguys and more. It has everything. And it has a great colored update for the Game Boy Color, Link's Awakening DX. It's cheap anywhere you can find it. It's also currently dominating the Legend of Zelda Elimination thread. ;)

@CDiablo, the SNES Zelda was Link to the Past. The GB Zelda was Link's Awakening.

@Onimusha12, I'm just in shock your mom played Dragon Warrior. I was playing that when I was 5, but all my mom ever played was Jaws. I'm serious. I couldn't get her off the NES. She played Jaws until she got tendinitis in her thumb, and a doctor told her it was "Nintendinitis." I wish I was joking.

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.

i was 8, and it was ocarina of time. it took me about 45 minutes to find the kokiri sword. lol it took months to finish the whole game, but i managed, and i loved it. ive played it through every year since then...

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

i was 5, and i got a NES for my birthday with the Track and Field Package. Well, the pad broke within a couple days so I went back to ToyRus (yea the store rocked when i was 5...) and returned the NES and got another with just the Mario/Duck hunt combo.

With the extra money I got The Legend of Zelda: The Adventures Of Link instead. I tried to beat the game and I even got to the part where you use the spell to get the magic key (whatever it was called that let you open all doors) but every time I used the spell, the magic meter would overflow and then white stripes would drop down the screen and the game would freeze. I ended up having to restart. I never beat the last palace without cheating because of losing the save data because someone didn't hold the reset down while shutting the system off.

My brother, who was 7 at the time, beat it like 2 times by sheer luck. On the fifth palace he got the "0" sword, which was super powerful and he went on to beat the game. Then another time he got to the last palace and our babysitter decided he would try the game so he gets to shadow link and turns into a fairy, and he wins... yea...

I still haven't beaten the game but it definitely is my favorite Zelda game. I've beaten all the other console games, and a few of the GB games.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

I'm pretty sure I pressed the A button to Start Zelda

Those people that think they're perfect give a bad reputation to us who are... 

"With the DS, it's fair to say that Nintendo stepped out of the technical race and went for a feature differentiation with the touch screen, but I fear that it won't have a lasting impact beyond that of a gimmick - so the long-lasting appeal of the platform is at peril as a direct result of that." - Phil Harrison, Sony

I remember the first batch of Adventure of Link having those bugs. My copy was fine, but a friend of mine who lived down the street had some similar problems. He also got the '0' sword, which IIRC (it's only been what, 20 years?) kills those hopping birds in the Great Palace in 2 hits, whereas the '8' sword kills them in 6 hits.