By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How did you start zelda?

I want to know how you guys started the zelda series? Was it the very first one? The oracle pair? Or even twilight princess? My parents got me a gamecube a few years ago, and it came with the collecter's disk. I didn't really like it at first, because I didn't understand it. Then I found a $5 Wind waker guidebook with a bonus OoT guide in the back, and the rest is history.

Around the Network

OoT, then A link to the Past, then Link's Awakening, Majora Mask...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

How did you start zelda?

From the beginning. How else can you start something? hehe.

OT --> The Legend of Zelda in the original gold packaging on my beautiful NES.

The Legend of Zelda. I was... 6 years old. I definitely didn't understand it at first, but I did learn quickly. I wish Nintendo would take a page from their old playbook when it comes to Zelda games these days... they try to make them too accessible with these uber-long tutorials. LoZ put you on the overworld next to a cave where an old man said "IT'S DANGEROUS TO GO ALONE! TAKE THIS." That was your tutorial, and I figured it out what I was supposed to do at age 6.

I went over my cousins' house. They had an NES. But today they had a peculiar golden cart that hypnotized my 3 year old eyes. And I experienced the joy that was Zelda. Then we bought it shortly afterwards and I was a fan for life. I lived the legend from the beginning, and have been there for the rest of the ride.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network

link's awakening, gameboy-didn't touch the console ones but played some of them. never played the first two original, though and i don't think i've ever finished a link to the past.

interesting responses. i see we have some early believers. Oh, and LOL at Superchunk

Double post. Damn it.

Way back, on the NES. I never finished Zelda II though, and the only part I missed completely is Minish Cap (because I didn't like the Oracle parts). Oh, and Four Swords. Too much infrastucture needed.

Currently playing: NSMB (Wii) 

Waiting for: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii), The Last Story (Wii), Golden Sun (DS), Portal 2 (Wii? or OSX), Metroid: Other M (Wii), 
... and of course Zelda (Wii) 

Legend of Zelda (NES).

Played almost every Zelda game made since.