By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony - 3rd party games dont sell on wii or DS (agree or disagree?)

Sony - 3rd party games dont sell on wii or DS (agree or disagree?)

agree 105 37.91%

disagree 172 62.09%

Total:277

He should have said good third party software.

GamerTag/PSN ID JoshmyersBV (please add me I have 2 friends on Xbox Live)

Around the Network
big_boss said:
He should have said good third party software.

Name some "good third party software on Wii" that didn't sell well. And would have done any differently on n e other platform.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

jarrod said:
Xoj said:
jarrod said:
Xoj said:
jarrod said:

People in glass houses...

the most hacked system ever :p.

though in japan ;).

There's just as much DS and Wii piracy as PSP piracy, if not more.  I'm tired of this excuse...

In Japan, it's basically a Monster Hunter box.  Wow.

KH box, and FF box, recent games in japan performing  decently.

KH kinda stalled short.  Considering everything that went into it, it really should've cleared a million.  It would have on PS2...

What FF are you talking about?  Everything FF that wasn't FFXIII tanked recently (Gaiden on DS, Crystal Bearers on Wii, Dissidia Universal Tuning on PSP).

Crisis core sold over 2 millions, birth by sleep it's a spin off, no one believed it was going to sell 5 million like kh.

jarrod said:

To be fair... it doesn't sell software equally.

theRepublic said:
According to VGC, the amount of 3rd party software sold on the Wii:

206.35 million units

According to VGC, the amount of 3rd party software sold on the PS3:

168.17 million units

That's actually a LOT closer then I would of expected.

Around the Network

He's lying out his bum flaps if he says any publisher ever told him they should put all, most or even a proportionate amount of their resources in to the Wii. The fact that the systems smashing success occaisionally leads to publishers saying "maybe we should try something" is a far cry from a substantial allocation of resources. It really has been unfortunate for the industry that they bet on the wrong horses and then completely locked in all their major franchises on those horses.

Of course hardcore games are selling more on the systems that got Resident Evil 5, Assassin's Creed, Bioshock, Grand Theft Auto, Modern Warfare (on time), Borderlands, Left for Dead, Final Fantasy, Batman Arkham Asylum, Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Rainbow 6, Pure, Fight Night, Lost Planet, UFC, Street Fighter, Soul Calibre, Tekken, Devil May Cry, Prototype, PES (on time), Dead space (if you're going to make a spin off, you put it on the console people can play the game on!), Prince of Persia and so on.

Nearly every major gaming franchise that isn't made by Nintendo skipped the Wii. Of course the hardcore gamers are going to go where the games are. Of course, if Publishers had seen in to the future, they'd have put their games on Wii from the start, both selling tons of games and keeping costs lower.

I maintain that had Dev's and Publishers focused on the Wii from the get go, we wouldn't be dealing with massive layoffs at a time when the industry is at it's most successful.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

theRepublic said:
According to VGC, the amount of 3rd party software sold on the Wii:

206.35 million units

According to VGC, the amount of 3rd party software sold on the PS3:

168.17 million units

Thats quite impressive considering the sales of first party titles on the Wii and DS eat up pretty much anything first party from MS( hell do they even have first party games?)

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

@ Arius

Why? There is no proof that the Wii would sell good third party software. Hell Monster hunter struggled to sell a million and when it did its sales dropped like a rock. Just like when MadWorld came out most Wii fans after the first week or two say " its going to have legs" It didn't make the top 50 and fell off the grid. So name me good third party software that proves the Wii can sell it.

GamerTag/PSN ID JoshmyersBV (please add me I have 2 friends on Xbox Live)

big_boss said:
@ Arius

Why? There is no proof that the Wii would sell good third party software. Hell Monster hunter struggled to sell a million and when it did its sales dropped like a rock. Just like when MadWorld came out most Wii fans after the first week or two say " its going to have legs" It didn't make the top 50 and fell off the grid. So name me good third party software that proves the Wii can sell it.

Monster Hunter 3 didn't struggle to sell a million. It did sell a million and is still selling respectable rates for a game in Japan. It sold almost 3 thousand in it's 28th week. It's also the second most successful third party game after Final Fantasy. Your saying the second most successful third party game in Japan isn't proof that the Wii can sell good third party software?

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Xoj said:
jarrod said:
Xoj said:
jarrod said:
Xoj said:
jarrod said:

the most hacked system ever :p.

though in japan ;).

There's just as much DS and Wii piracy as PSP piracy, if not more.  I'm tired of this excuse...

In Japan, it's basically a Monster Hunter box.  Wow.

KH box, and FF box, recent games in japan performing  decently.

KH kinda stalled short.  Considering everything that went into it, it really should've cleared a million.  It would have on PS2...

What FF are you talking about?  Everything FF that wasn't FFXIII tanked recently (Gaiden on DS, Crystal Bearers on Wii, Dissidia Universal Tuning on PSP).

Crisis core sold over 2 millions, birth by sleep it's a spin off, no one believed it was going to sell 5 million like kh.

Crisis Core sold 800k in Japan, like BBS.  And actually it's another game that should've cleared a million, and likely would have had it been a PS2 game.

BBS isn't a spinoff btw.  It's not a numbered sequel, but it's not a spinoff either, it's really a fully fledged KH game in terms of budget, narrative, scope and promotion.  I'd consider it similar to something like Code: Veronica or Majora's Mask.  MGS Peace Walker's in the same boat too actually.