By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Microsoft Desperately Marketing FFXIII Sony Playing Their Cards Right.

Kennyheart said:
RaidenChief88 said:
Did the money MS spent on the GTA episodes pay off? It seems they did not sell too well.

MC suposely spent 50 million on this so n o they didn't.

*sigh* do some research first before writing such things.

Revenue of GTA DLC easily surpassed 50 millions and MS got their money back. Rockstar gets the profit.

Around the Network

If I were Microsoft, I'd be marketing it a lot too.

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

As long as Sony part this time for the crucial marketing of GOW 3 and Heavy Rain, then this doesn't matter a bit. Sony can't be wasting money anymore, let M$ keep their campaign alive.

FF was nintendo, SE went to sonys CD for bigger better games. So my guess is sony will never lose the FF series as long as they have the bigger discs =]

The guy who wrote this article sounds really hurt by the fact that Microsoft is marketing the game as a 360 exclusive.

If I remember correctly, sometimes I'd see an ad on TV like Madden 09 or something and it would end with the 360 "Jump In" logo.

Who cares if MS is marketing it as a 360 game? The hardcore FF fans picked up a PS3 anticipating FF13 would appear on it one day, so I doubt it will sway much of the people who were gonna buy it anyways.

In addition, PS3 owners get it on a Blu Ray disc. So I don't see the big deal.

Why not be happy that a larger audience will finally get to experience the game? I own a 360, but I will be picking it up for PS3 (eventually). But if there is some random guy who just wants to play video games, perhaps check out what this "FF" is all about and only owns a 360, what is so wrong with him experiencing the game?

People forget that Final Fantasy is here in the first place because Nintendo helped push it, on their NES here in NA. It became huge because Sony helped push FF7 here in NA.

To be honest, Square Enix is a third party. They have been exclusive to Nintendo, to Sony, and they are NOT being exclusive to MS. They are just making a business decision.

I think Final Fantasy fans should just be happy MS didn't BUY exclusivity and switch the platform over from Sony.

At least FF14 will be on the PS3 exclusive, for the time being. And Sony fans get FFV13...something I personally am more interested in given its more action-based direction.

Around the Network

He is right though. Basically they are marketing the game for the PS3 as well. So Sony should just market GoW3 and Heavy Rain.

huaxiong90 said:

I agree with everything he said except for "Its 2010 nobody wants to get out of their seat to switch a DVD because the game can’t fit on 1 disc, we dealt with disc swapping 10 years ago via Final Fantasy 7."

Not everyone's lazy.

Also, FF was never a PS exclusive franchise.

90% of the people aren't going to know the difference.

Which is the problem the OP makes. 

Most people just don't have ANY freaking clue.

Also, the GTA deal quite benefited Microsoft.

Addittionally and finally the OP acts like Sony hasn't done this themselves this generation... which they have... a LOT.  In general if you had a fairly big multiplatform game either Microsoft or Sony was going to be paying for your adds.

People who have these consoles should be happy about this.  It's probably one of the main reasons so many mainline games end up on the HD consoles rather then the Wii.

Kasz216 said:
huaxiong90 said:

I agree with everything he said except for "Its 2010 nobody wants to get out of their seat to switch a DVD because the game can’t fit on 1 disc, we dealt with disc swapping 10 years ago via Final Fantasy 7."

Not everyone's lazy.

Addittionally and finally the OP acts like Sony hasn't done this themselves this generation... which they have... a LOT.  In general if you had a fairly big multiplatform game either Microsoft or Sony was going to be paying for your adds.

People who have these consoles should be happy about this.  It's probably one of the main reasons so many mainline games end up on the HD consoles rather then the Wii.

Which games that have a historical association with other consoles have been marketed like they're owned by Sony?

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

CGI-Quality said:
huaxiong90 said:
Kasz216 said:
huaxiong90 said:

Not everyone's lazy.

Which games that have a historical association with other consoles have been marketed like they're owned by Sony?

None. They have marketed multiplat games like such though, like Assassin's Creed's 1 & 2, although they still worked in Microsoft's favor. I suspect a similar situation here, just the reverse, FFXIII will be in Sony's favor.

I know where you're coming from, but the reason the OP seems to mention this is because Final Fantasy ever since 7 has been associated with the PlayStation brand. Assassin's Creed never was a 360 exclusive franchise.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

huaxiong90 said:
Kasz216 said:
huaxiong90 said:

Not everyone's lazy.

Madden for for one.

Hell they even paid to steal "Madden Nation" and switch to PS3 even though 360 was where all the "pros" were.

Though a "historical assosiation" point is general not so much relevent... since Sony you know... often paid to aquire it's "historically assostated" games.

The Final Fantasy series being one of the most blatant and widely known.