By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Microsoft Desperately Marketing FFXIII Sony Playing Their Cards Right.

Kasz216 said:
huaxiong90 said:
Kasz216 said:
huaxiong90 said:

I agree with everything he said except for "Its 2010 nobody wants to get out of their seat to switch a DVD because the game can’t fit on 1 disc, we dealt with disc swapping 10 years ago via Final Fantasy 7."

Not everyone's lazy.

Also, FF was never a PS exclusive franchise.

90% of the people aren't going to know the difference.

Which is the problem the OP makes. 

Most people just don't have ANY freaking clue.

Also, the GTA deal quite benefited Microsoft.

Addittionally and finally the OP acts like Sony hasn't done this themselves this generation... which they have... a LOT.  In general if you had a fairly big multiplatform game either Microsoft or Sony was going to be paying for your adds.

People who have these consoles should be happy about this.  It's probably one of the main reasons so many mainline games end up on the HD consoles rather then the Wii.

Which games that have a historical association with other consoles have been marketed like they're owned by Sony?

Madden for for one.

Hell they even paid to steal "Madden Nation" and switch to PS3 even though 360 was where all the "pros" were.

Though a "historical assosiation" point is general not so much relevent... since Sony you know... often paid to aquire it's "historically assostated" games.

The Final Fantasy series being one of the most blatant and widely known.

Like I said to CGI, I'm talking about games that were previously exclusive. But I understand what you're saying.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network

Actually one thing I do object to is the word 'desperately' in the title and 'desperate' in this 'piece of...'. How exactly is a calculated act, desperate? Its not like Microsoft are struggling to make money or sell consoles so I don't see how desperation enters the picture in any way.

If Microsoft is desperate then Sony is probably slightly desperate(er) and Nintendo is still laughing all the way to the bank. So just as a marginal difference in available ram on the DX9 consoles isn't talked about, then a marginal difference in desperation co-efficient isn't exactly a worthwhile conversation topic either!

Tease.

huaxiong90 said:
Kasz216 said:
huaxiong90 said:
Kasz216 said:
huaxiong90 said:

I agree with everything he said except for "Its 2010 nobody wants to get out of their seat to switch a DVD because the game can’t fit on 1 disc, we dealt with disc swapping 10 years ago via Final Fantasy 7."

Not everyone's lazy.

90% of the people aren't going to know the difference.

Which is the problem the OP makes. 

Most people just don't have ANY freaking clue.

Also, the GTA deal quite benefited Microsoft.

Addittionally and finally the OP acts like Sony hasn't done this themselves this generation... which they have... a LOT.  In general if you had a fairly big multiplatform game either Microsoft or Sony was going to be paying for your adds.

People who have these consoles should be happy about this.  It's probably one of the main reasons so many mainline games end up on the HD consoles rather then the Wii.

Which games that have a historical association with other consoles have been marketed like they're owned by Sony?

Madden for for one.

Hell they even paid to steal "Madden Nation" and switch to PS3 even though 360 was where all the "pros" were.

Though a "historical assosiation" point is general not so much relevent... since Sony you know... often paid to aquire it's "historically assostated" games.

The Final Fantasy series being one of the most blatant and widely known.

Like I said to CGI, I'm talking about games that were previously exclusive. But I understand what you're saying.

In otherwords, your talking about a very narrow situation which is irrelevent and skewed based on the fact the PS2 was the dominant market leader last generation and didn't have to pay much to ensure exclusivity.

Final Fantasy itself used to be a Nintendo exclusive.  The reason it went to Sony instead of Sega had a LOT to do with the fact that it was put in the forefront of a 100 million dollar advertisement campaign in both the US and UK... funded by Sony.

That game was everywhere.  It's add blitz was bigger then the Halo add blitzes.  There still hasn't been such a matched advertisement campaign.

The only difference between Microsoft and Sony in their regards to how they do things is previous placing.

I agree that Microsoft should focus more on making 1st party games rather than trying to get timed exclusive and exclusive ads for multiplat games. Sony by far had better 1st party games than Microsoft. Mass Effect, GOW, L4D all 3rd party exclusive which has chance went to PS3. If this happen Mcrosoft has nothing more other than Halo, Forza, Fable and Crackdown.

dnnc said:
why is it that sony fanboys always need to be reminded that they are not allowed to complain about Microsoft throwing money at 3rd party developers!
They always seem to shut out the fact that this is why sony is where it is today
Nintendo did it with the NES & SNES
Sony did it with PS1 AND PS2

I still find it difficult to believe there is a market on the 360 for this game to begin with. No doubt numbers will increase, but by how much one can only speculate. This demonstrate, however, if the PS3 has finnally penetrated the market enough in the US. Based on pre-order numbers so far, it should be a no brainer that the PS3 will win this round...but if M$ uses this market scheme to its advantage (as unethical as it is for hardware companies to be market non-exclusive games) it may prove to still be a formidable opponet for Sony.

Bottom Line: We shall see!

-- Nothing is nicer than seeing your PS3 on an HDTV through an HDMI cable for the first time.

Around the Network
huaxiong90 said:

The article doesn't say that it was. It only said that the franchise was seen as a playstation title.

kaneada said:

I still find it difficult to believe there is a market on the 360 for this game to begin with. No doubt numbers will increase, but by how much one can only speculate. This demonstrate, however, if the PS3 has finnally penetrated the market enough in the US. Based on pre-order numbers so far, it should be a no brainer that the PS3 will win this round...but if M$ uses this market scheme to its advantage (as unethical as it is for hardware companies to be market non-exclusive games) it may prove to still be a formidable opponet for Sony.

Bottom Line: We shall see!

The only way theres no market for the game on the 360 is if it sucks. Then the only people who will buy it are people who will get it on name recognition alone.

How exactly is it unethical for a company to advertise a product? Do you even know what it means to act in an unethical manner?

Tease.

NSS7 said:
I agree that Microsoft should focus more on making 1st party games rather than trying to get timed exclusive and exclusive ads for multiplat games. Sony by far had better 1st party games than Microsoft. Mass Effect, GOW, L4D all 3rd party exclusive which has chance went to PS3. If this happen Mcrosoft has nothing more other than Halo, Forza, Fable and Crackdown.

They obviously think its money well spent. So who exactly are you to say what they ought to do?

Tease.

OMG look at this!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5DkdgsoXQI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNghFXIPzbE&feature=related

Good thing Sony would never paid to advertise a game. After all, people know all the good games are only on PS3! :)

Its not like MS have a choice in the matter...

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business