By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I Just fiinished God of War!!

I remember when I was 10 or so and Played GoW 1 and 2 with my friend
the part where you have to turn the minatour into stone and pass through the gate was the hardest.

But the one where you had to swim underwater and hide in ditches in a timely matter.

That scared me and made me put down GoW for like months until I decided I could beat it.

"Rainbird: Why don't Nintendo and Microsoft Copy the Sony Blog?

Bagenome:You can't shoot things on a blog, and babies can't read, so I don't think it would suit either one's target audience."

d21lewis said:
Honestly, do JRPG makers even realize how hard it is to save the world? That shit is impossible!

Around the Network

The second one it's better than the first, so you are in for a ride.

Riachu said:
pitzy272 said:
Haha, funny all these people are playing GoW series for the first time. Me too! I just started GoW I. I never thought i would enjoy these games, and only tried the series bc a friend of mine had it sitting around his house; I like a wide variety of games but not hack and slash and not rpg. But wow I am enjoying the heck out of GoW I so far. I guess I'm probably at least 2/3 of the way through. Excellent game! There is only one thing I am frustrated with though...I don't mind the brutality with the blood and all that jazz with the enemies, but (small SPOILER i guess) when u have to murder that human soldier in ur hunt for pandora's box, that was awful. It actually angered me bc it was so brutal, and made me want to stop playing the game. I'm sure I'm the minority in this situation, and I know it's just a game, but it was still unnecessary imo. I think they could have and should have found a way around that scenario. Anyone else feel the same way at all? Or am I truly the only one?

Oh, and going along with that, I don't understand one thing about Kratos...they make him out to have all this regret for his past where he murdered a bunch of innocent ppl or something, yet he seems no different now. Not just in the case where he flamebroiled the soldier in the situation I talked about above, but other times throughout the story. He simply seems to have no regard or care for human life, yet the regret he's made out to have made me expect differently from him. Am i missing something? Just seems contradictory...

There are only two people he ever actually ever regreted killing.  I will not say who they are because it would spoil the story.

I beated God of War and got half way through GoWII.

@ Pitzy: You will recall that Kratos did a deal with Ares to give him teh powah to vanquish his enemies, and he was willing to pay whatever price to be the victor in that blood bath. Kratos retained a small semblance of his humanity, and Ares extracted it for payment, or rather saw to its removal as the means to turn Kratos into a killing machine, to Ares' uiltimate regret. After he lost the last traces of his humanity he basically had only one thought in his mind: vengance at any cost, and only one emotion driving him: hatred. In that context the killing of the soldier was merely the removal of an obstacle on his path to vengance. That killing was completely consistent with Kratos' state of mind.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

The first is definitely better imo because it has a far better story.....and plus all the boss battles in GOW2 didnt feel as epic as the hydra , minotaur or Ares.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

coolguy said:
i just picked up the god of war remake also for the ps3 the game is awesome.
iam stuck on the level road to athens where u get closed in and u step
on the floor and the gate comes down what a pain in the butt

Get the statue, stand next to the gate, kick the statue onto the button.

How the hell do I remember that? I last played God of War three and a half years ago...

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
Kantor said:
coolguy said:

How the hell do I remember that? I last played God of War three and a half years ago...

Are you sure about this ? I dont remember this...

I think hes talking about the room with the respawning minataurs....you're supposed to freeze a minataur on the switch using medusa's gaze and make a run for the gate...

GodOfWar_3ever said:
Kantor said:
coolguy said:

Are you sure about this ? I dont remember this...

I think hes talking about the room with the respawning minataurs....you're supposed to freeze a minataur on the switch using medusa's gaze and make a run for the gate...

Well, there are quite a few sections which involve gate-opening buttons, so you could be right.

Basically, look around for anything which could stand on the button.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

I finished god of war 1 on ps2 but i didnt played god of war 2 because my ps2 brokes when i was in university after that now on ps3 i purchased gow collection and when i finished god of war 2 really i was having some kind of feeling that why game ends so early i want to play it always more & more and i can not wait for GOW 3.

To OP, If you think GOW was difficult, wait till you play GOW2. The enemies do more damage and the puzzles are more puzzling. GOW2 is great, I am 3/4's of the way through at this point. You will get sick of the ROCK Minotaurs very quickly in this game. I will put it this way. It is the only creature in both games that I actually have a need to use magic to defeat.

The Part i really really hated was climbing the Blade-Towers in Hades!

On my second Playthrough i noticed something. At the Place with the big Hades Statue, there is a spot that allows you to look up to the spinning blades above that you have to cross later. From there you can see 2 sets of blades, one spinning below and one above the Planks you walk over. When you actually get there its only one set of Blades above the Planks, but it still cuts you down when you hang on the Plank.

Anyway, i love the games, especially their Epic size. I'll never forget the part where you walk along a ledge outside Pandoras Temple and underneath you can see Kronos crawling through the Desert.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’