By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I Just fiinished God of War!!

code.samurai said:
hm, this thread is strange. the game is not that difficult, played GoW at normal the first playthrough only had difficulty with the stupid giant Minotaur. Overall I found it easy, never played it on the highest difficulty setting though as there aren't any trophies for that, heh. I recommend friending a guy who has nearly the same amount of trophy ranking as you, then playing this game just to get a significant lead. You'll be amazed at how fast you beat this game! haha.

It may have been easy playing on normal. Games on the normal level are never challenging enough to enjoy them to the fullest to me. the first playthrough is the most exciting. To make it even better, I play it on hard. It was pretty difficult because it was new and challenging. I think the normal difficulty are for casual gamers or for those who are casual with that genre. If you consider yourself skilled and want the most exciting playthrough, you should play hard. A lot people wait until their second playthrough to play on hard but the second playthrough is never as exciting because you know what's going to happen.

Around the Network
Porcupine_I said:
jesus kung fu magic said:
Jay520 said:
It's nice to see more people playing this game. It doesn't have the popularity it deserves.

Yeah God of war is probably my faavorite game. It was pretty hard. The hardest level was the last one when you had to fight Aries and defend your wife. It was so hard the I had to lower the difficulty from hard to normal (I always play on the hardest available difficulty to make first impressions as great as possible). I feel ashamed. I think I'm going to beat the game again on God mode without making it easier.

Have you played the extra challenges once you've beaten the game, the're pretty fun. I do believe that they have made games easier know in days. I hope they don't try to make God of war 3 as easy as other games. ( that would suck...ass)

You cant change difficulty mid-game......can you?

In the God of War collection is a throphy called: "Die enough times to be offered easy mode" :D

so, i guess you can

That explains it......I played the orginal ps2 version not the collections.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

there is a HUGE new group of people getting to play god of war 1 and 2 since god of war collection came out. i'm still working my way through god of war 2 and it is really epic and fun!

Got the GoW Collection during the Christmas holidays, and I started to play GoWI, but it got lost in the pile behind Uncharted DF, Infamous and MW2 and its addictive multiplayer/spec ops. Definitely going to have to finish this one when I get more time, hopefully before my pre-order of the ultimate edition comes in :)

I have lived as a warrior. I have died as a god. Having suffered the ultimate sacrifice, I have been denied release. I...I will defeat Olympus. I will have my revenge

--Kratos

Jay520 said:
code.samurai said:
hm, this thread is strange. the game is not that difficult, played GoW at normal the first playthrough only had difficulty with the stupid giant Minotaur. Overall I found it easy, never played it on the highest difficulty setting though as there aren't any trophies for that, heh. I recommend friending a guy who has nearly the same amount of trophy ranking as you, then playing this game just to get a significant lead. You'll be amazed at how fast you beat this game! haha.

It may have been easy playing on normal. Games on the normal level are never challenging enough to enjoy them to the fullest to me. the first playthrough is the most exciting. To make it even better, I play it on hard. It was pretty difficult because it was new and challenging. I think the normal difficulty are for casual gamers or for those who are casual with that genre. If you consider yourself skilled and want the most exciting playthrough, you should play hard. A lot people wait until their second playthrough to play on hard but the second playthrough is never as exciting because you know what's going to happen.

Yeah, the challenge takes waaaay too much time and I have waaay too many games to play and not to mention people who are biting at my heels to get a level over on me on trophy rankings haha.  I tried playing Dante's Inferno on hard and I gave up while fighting death, I thought about taking a break to figure out how to beat him on hard or I could go normal and beat him in a minute.  Bragging rights for beating a game on hard the first time just doesn't do it for me.  Hardcore gamers who like games like Ninja Gaiden must have insane reflexes, I'm not that young anymore so.  I just platinum games the shortest possible path that I see possible.  That to me is using the ol' noggin rather than reflex brawn or plain old brute force. 

Around the Network

@kungfumagic

i'm pretty sure the ps2 version asked if you wanted to drop down a level if you died alot,as i remember it being annoying if you did accidently,

at op i think you'll find GOW2 more fun as you know what you are doing and it seems like they lessened the hack and slash a bit,but they probably didn't

Above & Beyond

Porcupine_I said:
Jay520 said:
It's nice to see more people playing this game. It doesn't have the popularity it deserves.

Yeah God of war is probably my faavorite game. It was pretty hard. The hardest level was the last one when you had to fight Aries and defend your wife. It was so hard the I had to lower the difficulty from hard to normal (I always play on the hardest available difficulty to make first impressions as great as possible). I feel ashamed. I think I'm going to beat the game again on God mode without making it easier.

Have you played the extra challenges once you've beaten the game, the're pretty fun. I do believe that they have made games easier know in days. I hope they don't try to make God of war 3 as easy as other games. ( that would suck...ass)

You cant change difficulty mid-game......can you?

In the God of War collection is a throphy called: "Die enough times to be offered easy mode" :D

so, i guess you can

That explains it......I played the orginal ps2 version not the collections.

hum, in my memmory you could to this, change the difficulty, on the original game too ...

Time to Work !

congrats on beating/playing God of War! it is an excellent game!