By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GOW3 very much likely to selll 1.5 mn+ first week.

a week more in anticipation of the huge 1st week for this EPIC game.

Around the Network

I've been talking with ioi, and it seems God of War I/II's other numbers are a bit low, so taking that into account, my prediction of God of War III barely topping a million week 1 is probably low as well.

I don't have accurate Others figures on hand (and won't til ioi makes any changes he feels necessary), but I'm guessing around 750k for NA and another 500k for Others, putting it at 1.3 million or so.

makingmusic476 said:
I've been talking with ioi, and it seems God of War I/II's other numbers are a bit low, so taking that into account, my prediction of God of War III barely topping a million week 1 is probably low as well.

I don't have accurate Others figures on hand (and won't til ioi makes any changes he feels necessary), but I'm guessing around 750k for NA and another 500k for Others, putting it at 1.3 million or so.

yeah and word of mouth working out for the game in others should play some role, still the legs should be very pretty decent.

I now expect 1.4-1.8M first week sales..

the game had a line of almost 100 people at my gamestop.. not even MGS4

mM

It was the biggest launch at our store ever aside from MW2. We had over 150 pre-orders in the end. No other game aside from MW2 has broken even 100 on a single platform.

Of course, we only opened a month before MGS4 came out, so nobody even knew we existed at the time. We had like five pre-orders total, three of which were employees lol.

Around the Network

Easily the game is AMAZING

Sony stocked it well.. my gamestop still has a couple of copies for non pre orders

mM
GameAnalyser said:
Tbone said:
I hope so that would be great but i kinda doubt it, it just seems too much imo.

well i find 1mn definitely not too much.

Dude 1 million is a ton! I think GoW3 can do it; but if it doesn't and sells in the high hundreds of thousands I'd still be impressed. Not every game has to sell 1 million in a week to be a success.

Chairman-Mao said:
GameAnalyser said:
Tbone said:
I hope so that would be great but i kinda doubt it, it just seems too much imo.

well i find 1mn definitely not too much.

Dude 1 million is a ton! I think GoW3 can do it; but if it doesn't and sells in the high hundreds of thousands I'd still be impressed. Not every game has to sell 1 million in a week to be a success.

Agreed..We are not trying to define success thru first week sales, but trying to determine how well the fans have turned in from the current existing userbase for a highly acclaimed title right from the launch.

God of War is not a big series. It did around 3million at best. Each game has sold less and less. 2million is likely, although the collection on the PS3 didn't do so hot.